ESPN's Medcalf picks Tennessee to win SEC tourney...

That's not my point. They have taken 4 of the top centers available over the past 3 years. They DO have players with ALOT of talent. Noel was a difference maker for sure. But you can't blame their loses on losing one player. They have had the #1 recruiting class in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and will have the #1 class in 2013 (13 5* Players :crazy:per Scout). Losing ONE player is no excuse for not making the tourney or even being on the bubble. KY has no excuse with talent like that.

You're undervaluing the role experience plays into a team. No one is arguing that these players don't have talent. But they haven't shown it this year. It's been said over and over; Kentucky is inconsistent. Noel was easily the most consistent player and hardest to replace player as well.

I don't see us winning it all, but I can definitely see us playing til at least Saturday. I've be thrilled with even just making the Championship game.

I don't see us winning it all, but I can definitely see us playing til at least Saturday. I've be thrilled with even just making the Championship game.

If UT gets that fair they're in no matter what imo. But plenty of Vol fans would love to see the UT/UK matchup in the final. Would be fun to see.

Triple jinx. Two Yahoo writers picked us too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/little-dance-picks-week-two-conference-tournament-play-154301187--ncaab.html

SEC (March 13-17)
Site: Nashville
Top three seeds: 1. Florida 2. Kentucky 3. Ole Miss
PF: Tennessee. Another complete crapshoot of a tournament, since nobody is reliable away from home. But the Volunteers have actually won four road games in the last month, so give them the half-hearted endorsement.

JE: Tennessee. In a league in which everyone from Florida, to Missouri, to Arkansas struggled to win away from home, the question is who can be trusted in Nashville? The most reliable team lately has been the Vols, who closed the season with eight wins in nine games.

(Pat Forde & Jeff Eisenberg)

I mentioned that preseason as well but you blew it off. Cal has always had upperclassmen who became key contributors, I'm curious if he has any next year.

Mays has possibly been your alls most consistent player, hard to imagine where they'd be withou him.

That's been his problem at UK imho... he's depended way way too much on one and dones. He had them at Memphis but he wasn't there long enough to see life after previous classes graduated...

Yes, he won an NC and had a stellar team the year before that had an early exit... but now that the previous recruits are graduating I just wonder if he will do any recruiting of long term players to add to the mix?

That's been his problem at UK imho... he's depended way way too much on one and dones. He had them at Memphis but he wasn't there long enough to see life after previous classes graduated...

Yes, he won an NC and had a stellar team the year before that had an early exit... but now that the previous recruits are graduating I just wonder if he will do any recruiting of long term players to add to the mix?

Billy G recruits were probably as deserving as Cal recruits for the first 3 years of success.

I said it last year I want curious to see, he went one and dones and it hurt them. He's got all one and dones so far for next year, curious to see if he adds a couple 3-4 year guys.

Not to rain on everyone's parade but don't be surprised if Kentucky rips off a little run in Nashville and maybe in the NCAA tourney. This UK team struggled on the road but played pretty well in front of a home crowd. The SEC tourney in Nashville has always been like Rupp 2.0 and if/when UK gets into the NCAA they will probably drown whatever location they draw for the 1st 2 rounds in a sea of Kentucky blue (I guess the technically 2nd and 3rd round now). Hard as it may be to swallow this Kentucky team could easily win the SECt and make it to the sweet 16.

Not to rain on everyone's parade but don't be surprised if Kentucky rips off a little run in Nashville and maybe in the NCAA tourney. This UK team struggled on the road but played pretty well in front of a home crowd. The SEC tourney in Nashville has always been like Rupp 2.0 and if/when UK gets into the NCAA they will probably drown whatever location they draw for the 1st 2 rounds in a sea of Kentucky blue (I guess the technically 2nd and 3rd round now). Hard as it may be to swallow this Kentucky team could easily win the SECt and make it to the sweet 16.

Would love some of that action.

Nah. Have you been watching the same Kentucky team as me? It took an epic meltdown from Florida, and some "Pressey vs. the world" highlights for Kentucky to win thier best games, at home. Heck, we probably should have beaten them up there, and that was when they had Noel.

Nah. Have you been watching the same Kentucky team as me? It took an epic meltdown from Florida, and some "Pressey vs. the world" highlights for Kentucky to win thier best games, at home. Heck, we probably should have beaten them up there, and that was when they had Noel.

Seems like that happened at TBA too just a few days ago.

Absolutely. It has happened several times.

And that's my point. If UT gets credit for a hard fought win against Mizzou at home then UK deserves the same credit. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see UK go down by about 30 in their game on Friday. But past results tell me it probably won't happen. Kentucky will be the home team in every game they play in Nashville. It makes a difference, and is part of the reason UK has won so many SEC tournaments.

The $$$ action behind the two KY runs. lol

I didn't offer any money. I simply said don't be surprised if UK goes on a run in the SEC tourney (and makes sweet 16 in NCAA). Heck they will only have to beat Arkansas and probably Ole Miss to get to the finals of the SEC tourney. They will (and should be) favored in both those games.

And that's my point. If UT gets credit for a hard fought win against Mizzou at home then UK deserves the same credit. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see UK go down by about 30 in their game on Friday. But past results tell me it probably won't happen. Kentucky will be the home team in every game they play in Nashville. It makes a difference, and is part of the reason UK has won so many SEC tournaments.

I understand your point. I just think this team is bad enough to lose to just about anybody. And its hard, for me anyway, to compare this team to any of KY or Cal's teams. JMO though

I didn't offer any money. I simply said don't be surprised if UK goes on a run in the SEC tourney (and makes sweet 16 in NCAA). Heck they will only have to beat Arkansas and probably Ole Miss to get to the finals of the SEC tourney. They will (and should be) favored in both those games.

I know. jeez

I think Mizzou has a good shot at taking down Ole Miss provided they don't do some of the same mind numbing things at the end of the game like they have on the road. Put Pressey on the bench for the last 2 minutes. It would probably turn out better for them.

No way in hell that team with that talent should've lost that many games. I know Bowers was out for awhile, but a good coach would've beaten Ky and UT.

I think Mizzou has a good shot at taking down Ole Miss provided they don't do some of the same mind numbing things at the end of the game like they have on the road. Put Pressey on the bench for the last 2 minutes. It would probably turn out better for them.

No way in hell that team with that talent should've lost that many games. I know Bowers was out for awhile, but a good coach would've beaten Ky and UT.

Strange how well he plays the first 36 minutes or so of a game to make such bad decisions going down the stretch. Just shows what pressure can do to a guy. Or just wanting to make a big play so badly that you make a bone-headed one instead

edit: left out part of my response. The potential Ole Miss Mizzou game could be one of the better one's of the SECt. If both teams bring their 'A' game it should be fun to watch.

Yeah I have wondered if Haith was as good as media had made him out to be after they lost in the first round last year to Norfolk St.

And of course I had them makin it to the final 4. Now I hope they hit him with a show cause from his stay in MIami.

Yeah I have wondered if Haith was as good as media had made him out to be after they lost in the first round last year to Norfolk St.

And of course I had them makin it to the final 4. Now I hope they hit him with a show cause from his stay in MIami.

I must have missed the media praise, but Haith has always been a garbage coach that had no business getting hired by Mizzou. I picked them to lose to the 7 seed last year and he proved he's even worse than I thought.

VN Store

Back