2.jpg

Chances of beating USC and Vandy went down

Chances of beating Kentucky and Missouri went up

Our New Bowl Projections

Bowl #1
AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs Oklahoma St.

They have a much lower rank and Tennessee would be projected to easily win

Bowl #2
The other guy that was projecting us in a bowl now has us losing to Missouri and not going to a bowl.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll say this:

If we win out, I will have insanely high expectations for next season.

Not me if we win out at 7-5 I will expect us at 8-4 next season.

I more than likely think the we finish at 6-6 or 5-7.

At 5-7 this year next year's minimum had better be 7-5 or it will be hot seat time

I truly sincerely do not want this to happen I sincerely want CBJ here for his entire 6 year contract even if in year 6 he goes 5-7. The only reason behind this is he IS stacking the cupboard with good classes, and this program NEEDS stability more than anything. ADDITIONALLY we can't afford another buyout (We can just change our name to buyout U where coaches go to get rich for doing nothing).

At 6-6 this year I expect 7-5 next year

At 7-5 this year I expect 7-5 again next year but more than likely 8-4.

Following that should be 9-3 to 10-2

I think the usc game is key. We need to beat them. A young team having to win out the season is a bad recipe. I hope we can do it. Go VOLS!

Not every defense is Florida/Oklahoma/Ole Miss. After this weekend you will start seeing a lot more production out of the offense.

And yes I said Florida. For all their faults, their defense is stout.

kentucky, alabama and lsu put up big points and yards on florida---their D is overrated---they don't show up against top teams.

We aren't world beaters yet, we are still a year or two too young and a step slow in some spots but I do think we find a way to get 6, and if we win this weekend I won't put 7 out of the question... If we win a bowl and get to 8... Look out Sally next year will be fun

I don't even care what bowl it is. All I care about is a young team gets 15 extra practices that everyone else we will be playing next year will get. Tired of being left behind.

On the plus side, regardless of the bowl, atleast we will see some vols football during bowl season. No watching other teams wishing we could atleast see our guys take the field.

Pretty interesting. I think this is achievable, but man oh man the Offense is going to have to put something together. I'm still a believer in this defense and the direction it is going however they are getting worn completely out because our Offense can't stay on the field for longer than a few snaps.

If we manage to add 2 TD's more a game we win out. This is possible with Dobbs and the more potent offense he brings to the table.

All of our percentages dropped about 1% except Kentucky went up by 1%

View attachment 85227

Also, ESPN has our FPI at 9.4 which is 33 in FBS. If you don't know what FPI is, here is what ESPN defines it as

Game Score on the right side of the chart also indicates how well ESPN thinks we played that game

ESPN predicts us in 2 different bowls

Bowl #1
Duck Commander Independence Bowl Against Pitt
They have Pitts FPI at 42. So ESPN predicts we win that Bowl

Bowl #2
Birmingham Bowl Against Memphis
Memphis has an FPI of 36. So they would predict that this is a much closer game, but still a win.

I would be happy to drive from Knoxville to Shreveport to see Tennessee play Pittsburgh. I wouldn't be excited to see Tennessee play Memphis though because we play them often in regular season games.

VN Store

Back