ESPN SEC Receiver Rankings

85 receptions, 1519 yards, 13 touchdowns, 17.9 yards per reception: he will be the primary target for the Hogs this year. He will likely finish his career with big numbers before earning his big NFL contract. I can't figure out if you need glasses or if you just need to remove the orange-tinted ones.

Did he have all those numbers from last year?

Did he have all those numbers from last year?

Believe me when I say Joe Adams and Jarius Wright would have been afterthoughts if he had done all that last year. There were just too many receivers to accumulate those kind of numbers. Last season his numbers were 12 starts, 34 receptions, 542 yards, 4 touchdowns, and a 15.9 yards per reception average. He's the number one this year with similar size and skills to Rogers. It's hard to knock the guy.

85 receptions, 1519 yards, 13 touchdowns, 17.9 yards per reception: he will be the primary target for the Hogs this year. He will likely finish his career with big numbers before earning his big NFL contract. I can't figure out if you need glasses or if you just need to remove the orange-tinted ones.

So in 3 years he has around 400 more yards than Da'Rick did in one season where he was without a decent qb for half the year and where he was doubled all year because z. Rogers was the 2nd best WR.

So in 3 years he has around 400 more yards than Da'Rick did in one season where he was without a decent qb for half the year and where he was doubled all year because z. Rogers was the 2nd best WR.

And....done. Convo complete. MODS file, delete, remove, or whatever a MOD does to dead threads. ( I realize they were a better team last year, and all that goes along with)

I think you're helping my point. Who was stealing Da'Rick's receptions. Zach? Arnett? Rivera? Rogers was targeted 115 times, more than any other receiver in the conference. 31.4% of the time the ball was passed, it was passed to Rogers. He caught 58.3% of those passes. He had more targets, more often, than Alshon Jeffrey, Rueben Randle, Jarius Wright...let's be honest; the numbers are inflated. I'm not saying Rogers isn't good, but remove the orange colored glasses and look at this clearly. Cobi Hamilton was targeted 58 times, caught 58.6% of those passes, and he was only targeted 13% of the time. He averaged 9.3 yards per target; Da'Rick averaged 9. Had Hamilton been targeted as often as Da'Rick, he would have put up similar numbers according to the stats. He had half the receptions and half the targets, so of course he had half the yards. Call them 1a and 1b if that makes you happy, but don't dismiss him simply because he doesn't have a Power T on his helmet.

Last edited:
I think you're helping my point. Who was stealing Da'Rick's receptions. Zach? Arnett? Rivera? Rogers was targeted 115 times, more than any other receiver in the conference. 31.4% of the time the ball was passed, it was passed to Rogers. He caught 58.3% of those passes. He had more targets, more often, than Alshon Jeffrey, Rueben Randle, Jarius Wright...let's be honest; the numbers are inflated. I'm not saying Rogers isn't good, but remove the orange colored glasses and look at this clearly. Cobi Hamilton was targeted 58 times, caught 58.6% of those passes, and he was only targeted 13% of the time. He averaged 9.3 yards per target; Da'Rick averaged 9. Had Hamilton been targeted as often as Da'Rick, he would have put up similar numbers according to the stats. He had half the receptions and half the targets, so of course he had half the yards. Call them 1a and 1b if that makes you happy, but don't dismiss him simply because he doesn't have a Power T on his helmet.

Good story bro, you can have him.....I'll take Da Rick or JH every time, and IMO both are drafted higher than Hamilton when its said and done.

I spend seven months a year in Arkansas, so trust me when I say I've heard their names before! Lol

UTGH i respect your opinions and think very highly of the info you bring. That said, you have to acknowledge that he MIGHT be 4th string here behind JH, DR, amd CP. He fits right in there with those guys, but he's not a forgone conclusion over our big 3 (assuming CP is as advertised)

UTGH i respect your opinions and think very highly of the info you bring. That said, you have to acknowledge that he MIGHT be 4th string here behind JH, DR, amd CP. He fits right in there with those guys, but he's not a forgone conclusion over our big 3 (assuming CP is as advertised)

However, our big three is exactly why he finishes with better numbers. They'll steal receptions from one another.

And if you take out 1 game vs new Mexico he has under 400 yds for entire year. Fact is Da'Rick would not be overshadowed last year at Arkansas like Hamilton was. Also to your point on Rogers 9 ypt.... with it being even remotely that close when he is getting double teamed, targeted by a crappy qb that is throwing it up for grabs in Simms and Worley, etc.... Just furthers the point.

Last edited:
And if you take out 1 game vs new Mexico he has under 400 yds for entire year. Fact is Da'Rick would not be overshadowed last year at Arkansas like Hamilton was. Also to your point on Rogers 9 ypt.... with it being even remotely that close when he is getting double teamed, targeted by a crappy qb that is throwing it up for grabs in Simms and Worley, etc.... Just furthers the point.

Would you start him over jarius wright, who led the SEC in receiving, or joe adams? They were both seniors with more experience is why they started ahead of him. Also Greg Childs was predicted to be the 2nd best WR in the SEC preseason and started ahead of him for a number of games early. Don't see how you could predict that so matter-of-factly. Im not saying he couldn't do it though.

I would be ok with hamilton being 3rd...they arent that far apart imo.

Would you start him over jarius wright, who led the SEC in receiving, or joe adams? They were both seniors with more experience is why they started ahead of him. Also Greg Childs was predicted to be the 2nd best WR in the SEC preseason and started ahead of him for a number of games early. Don't see how you could predict that so matter-of-factly. Im not saying he couldn't do it though.

I would be ok with hamilton being 3rd...they arent that far apart imo.

I would've taken Da'Rick over anybody last season. To put up the year he did under the circumstances gets overlooked on here because of Hunter's big play ability and Rogers attitude problem. People are going to quickly realize he has a lot of Andre Johnson type abilities.

I'm not sure why anyone should care that Cobi was ranked higher by ESPN. If our guys are better, they will show it on the field and win some games. That's all I care about.

As good as he is and as GREAT as he is going to be...CP is still unproven at the major college level...that won't last long, I believe. So, yea, we have the #1 WR corps in the country! GOBO!

Bray, Rogers, Hunter, Patterson and Rivera will, barring injury, lead us toward a record breaking passing game.

Deep. :unsure:

Well what exactly do pre-season position rankings mean?

SQUAT!

People getting worked up over where a particular unit is ranked is a bit crazy, don't you think?

What difference does it make?

VN Store

Back