Espn reporting Vols set to announce DC

Sources tell me UT ready to announce but Mike Slive is not signing off on hire cause it will significantly threaten Bama and Florida's chances of winning and recruiting.

Florida? Of all the SEC teams you picked Florida?

And it's Randy Shannon by a nose!

vlc_202011-05-27_2000-53-38-68_medium.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Ignore that because we all know ESPN hates UT and really is just trying to get everyone's hopes up only to dash them away later. Lee Corso probably told them to put that on there.

:corso:

Couldn't resist!!

Seriously, I don't mind Corso sometimes;but other times he is annoying as hell.:whistling:

Reactions: 1 person
Florida? Of all the SEC teams you picked Florida?

Florida and Bama are his boyz, he makes up and changes the rules for his pet teams. Obviously, he protects any team that brings him bags full of bowl money, ala Florida.
Lets face it, Roy Kramer was good to UT...Mike Slive not so much.

Vols to announce new DC

4:55PM ET

Tennessee Volunteers

Earlier in the week, it was believed Tennessee's Derek Dooley was holding a press conference to introduce former Miami head coach Randy Shannon as the Volunteers' new defensive coordinator. The report of such an occurrence was premature, but it appears to have been accurate.

"Sources within UT athletics confirm that Tennessee is 'finalizing contract negotiations with Randy Shannon,'" FootballScoop.com reported. "(The) Plan is to announce on Monday. Sources close to Shannon tell us 'security for Randy' is the primary item still being negotiated."

Shannon will replace Justin Wilcox who was named Washington's defensive coordinator Monday.

- Brent Sobleski

Don't know if this has been quoted yet or not - but it is the text from the ESPN Insider CFB Rumor Mill that the OP shows. It is a little more detailed than most folks think.

Enjoy, I know I am getting closer to Boom time.

Reactions: 5 people
Some of us go behind the enemy (ESPN) lines. Geez, folks, it's less than $3 per month when you do a 2 year subscription.

I Really DON'T think RS gets the job . Rumors is all everyone is going off of and Dooley said they have not talked

VN Store

Back