ESPN Reporting Bama has Hired Lane Kiffin

Probation at USC for the Reggie Bush recruiting (as a coordinator, not head coach), infractions at UT for recruiting, and ran out of So Cal this last time just for sucking. I personally dont think he is an "offensive genious" and I know (GBO!) he will get the Bammers in trouble if he is there long enough. I agree with Paul Finebaum's take on Kiffin...what has this guy done? Where has this guy been LEGITIMATELY successful? He has only been partially successful in places where he has been cought cheating! How does this guy keep getting chances? Looks like Saban is slippin a bit fellas...this may not end well for the Tide.

It always starts innocent enough, an arrest here, an investigation there,etc. Kiffin is a bad luck charm. Everyone goes wow, this is gonna take our program to the next level, but in the end it will be devastated. My prediction...Alabama loses a couple of games a season they weren't viewed as shoulda lost over the next few years. Kiffin is viewed as the lightning rod, whether the real or not the cause. A recruiting violation will surface. Saban will get pissed off at the world and flee,like he always does when the fire gets hot, to the nfl. Alabama then can start to rebuild again. Thank you Kiffin. We will be able to get some of those recruits Alabama should have received during the down time. Just random thoughts during my moment of zen.:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
<SIGH> Things we are all aware of, OP. I doubt Saban will flee to the NFL, though. I would lean toward the following: Kiffin makes bad third and fourth down calls. That causes the Tide to lose a close early game, effectively hurting their chances to be in the playoffs. Tide fans get restless, and Kiffin may or may not be fired. Hopefully, he will last until the Tennessee game, where his bad play calls will be worse, as Tennessee fans make Seahawks fans look like library patrons. Don't know who wins, but it will embarrass Alabama. At some point, Saban will finally be seen as less than saintly by Bama fans, and Kiffin will be gone before season end, either due to poor job performance, or getting caught by an Auburn fan pulling a dumb recruiting violation.

I'm not so sure he's all that great.

Recruiting - so just how many of his recruiting class actually contributed at UT? Most were kicked off for a variety of reasons (guns, grades, etc.) Many were just plain ole thugs who had athletic ability.

Play calling - I'll never forget him calling M Hardesty's number 4 STRAIGHT TIMES inside the 5 yard line against UCLA. He ran Hardesty at the teeth of UCLA's defense. We eventually lost that game.

He is good at 3 things:

finding good looking chicks
creating "swagger" among players
attracting attention to your program (if for all the wrong reasons)

bama's future………..:drive2::drive2::drive2:
kiff douche threads……..:horse::horse::horse:
kiff is in your heads. :zeitung_lesen:

Many of us VFLs are predicting trouble in Tuscaloosa with the hire of Kiffin. I agree for this one reason - Kiffin is not a leader. Players do not follow. He might have a great Spurrier like Offensive mind but he's a punk and a brat and NFL and NCAA players see right through him.

Kiffin will be a cancer at Bala-ama and they will not be in the top 10 come end of next year. I correctly predicted here on VN that Clowney's last season at Cockville would be a bust and it was because he's a head case - despite all the amazing praises and Heisman talk of him prior to the season. You can't fix stupid.

Wow. didn't realize his last year was a bust. Wonder if he can find employement after such a bust of a year?

It always starts innocent enough, an arrest here, an investigation there,etc. Kiffin is a bad luck charm. Everyone goes wow, this is gonna take our program to the next level, but in the end it will be devastated. My prediction...Alabama loses a couple of games a season they weren't viewed as shoulda lost over the next few years. Kiffin is viewed as the lightning rod, whether the real or not the cause. A recruiting violation will surface. Saban will get pissed off at the world and flee,like he always does when the fire gets hot, to the nfl. Alabama then can start to rebuild again. Thank you Kiffin. We will be able to get some of those recruits Alabama should have received during the down time. Just random thoughts during my moment of zen.:hi:

Almost gave you a like based on avi alone, but the rehash of a thread that already exists stopped me.

Bonus, you just got merged.

VN Store

Back