Espn headline roller

That is really stretching for negativity. It's obvious whoever wrote the scroll did so with a Georgia Tech slant. In that same scroll they note that Georgia Tech is 5-1 in their last 6 games vs the SEC. Hmmm....

1st meeting since 1987. Georgia Tech hasn't beaten a ranked Tennessee team since 1966

says Tennessee has a 4 game losing streak while ranked as an ap 25 team? Is that true?

I almost posted about this too

True. But misleading.

The last four games we played while ranked in the AP poll were:
  • 8 Oct '16 -- ranked #9 -- lost to A&M
  • 15 Oct '16 -- ranked #9 -- lost to Bama
  • 29 Oct '16 -- ranked #18 -- lost to USCe
  • 26 Nov '16 -- ranked #24 -- lost to Vandy
But in weeks where the CFP is published, it should take precedence over the AP. It is clearly the more important poll.

The last four games we played while ranked by the most significant active poll looks more like this:
  • 29 Oct '16 -- ranked #18 (AP) -- lost to USCe
  • 19 Nov '16 -- ranked #19 (CFP) -- beat Mizzou
  • 26 Nov '16 -- ranked #17 (CFP) -- lost to Vandy
  • 30 Dec '16 -- ranked #21 (CFP) -- beat Nebraska
Kind of crazy how ESPN is blind to anything but the AP, even when a more important result is available. They do that with the pre-1950 national championships, too.

Also they posted G.T. win streak vs SEC... NO BIAS THOUGH RIGHT?

I turned that game off, thinking they are going to beat them by 50 pts by time game is over. Did not realize til today they lost lol!!

I watched the wv vt game, and quit flipping back and forth when the score was 44-10 or something like that. The other game was really good. Wish i had kept flipping though

I watched the wv vt game, and quit flipping back and forth when the score was 44-10 or something like that. The other game was really good. Wish i had kept flipping though

The second half of the WV/VT was one of the most exciting 30 minutes of football I've watched in a while. I've never seen so many big plays in one game.

I almost posted about this too

Also they posted G.T. win streak vs SEC... NO BIAS THOUGH RIGHT?

Well to be fair, a lot of that came from the Yellow Jackets playing 3 SEC teams in games on their schedule last year. We have only played a total of 2 ACC teams in the last 5-6 years.

VN Store

Back