ESPN gives McRae an A

These two guys will prove exactly why fans were so frustrated last year. Too much talent to be mediocre, but when you're a coach with a mediocre mindset you get your feelings hurt when the fans point it out.

Exactly what I was thinking. We had what at the moment look like two of the better players to be drafted last year, but we were the definition of middling until outside forces lit a fire under the team.

Reactions: 1 person
These two guys will prove exactly why fans were so frustrated last year. Too much talent to be mediocre, but when you're a coach with a mediocre mindset you get your feelings hurt when the fans point it out.

Sweet 16 runs are mediocre now? Good to know.

Reactions: 3 people

Our fans just don't have enough basketball knowledge to know that regular season losses don't matter as long as you make it to the NCAAs. We made a Sweet 16. Not a mediocre year. We never were below .500. We weren't even ranked pre season.

Our fans just don't have enough basketball knowledge to know that regular season losses don't matter as long as you make it to the NCAAs. We made a Sweet 16. Not a mediocre year. We never were below .500. We weren't even ranked pre season.
You people change opinions over night. It was a mediocre year but it was a good way to end the season. It was mediocre when we have inexcusable losses that almost costed us a post season entry. Losses like: losing at home to NC state, showing up lost against Xavier, getting beat by UTEP's triangle defense, losing at home to A&M, losing on the road to Missouri when the game was very winnable and then losing to Florida all three times. A season is more than just the post season play and before the tournament, Tennessee's season was mediocre.

Yeah let's keep acting like we didn't make the Sweet 16.

I think alot people fail to realize the in the NBA you have more room to operate. You can't just camp in the lane like college. The reason Stoke and Jordy has excel more than in college.

Better handle and a little more athletic. JR is also a complete headcase that I wouldn't want near my team.

Give me Denver JR smith and I'll be happy. He wasn't nearly as bonkers then but still as athletic and good on most nights. I've always felt jr was the perfect live or die by him player. I think McRae as a sixth man or occasionally starting could be a great all in or nothing scorer.

Averaged 20 and shot something crazy like 62% from 3 a couple years ago i believe.

Yeah people get to thrilled by summer league heroes but it did earn them a bigger look in training camp where the real NBA players will be playing.

Yeah people get to thrilled by summer league heroes but it did earn them a bigger look in training camp where the real NBA players will be playing.

I wasn't knocking what they have done, they've both been great. I'm happy for both guys. I do think what Stokes has done will carry over more to the regular season. A banger can always bang. Jordy will be interesting to see if it carries over.

Last edited:
Not a rhetorical question, but what can JR Smith do that McRae can't?

Their skillset is very similar. I've used JR as a comparison for JMac also. But I think most of the defensive deficiency folks bring up about Jordan are due to a lack of footspeed. So that would be the difference between the two IMO.

Give me Denver JR smith and I'll be happy. He wasn't nearly as bonkers then but still as athletic and good on most nights. I've always felt jr was the perfect live or die by him player. I think McRae as a sixth man or occasionally starting could be a great all in or nothing scorer.

I agree with that. J.R. has a really good skillset, he's just ****ing crazy.

I wasn't knocking what they have done, they've both been great. I'm happy for both guys. I do think what Stokes has done will carry over more to the regular season. A banger can always bang. Jordy will be interesting to see if it carries over.

I'm not knocking what they have done either......I am really hoping McRae develops into an above average player on the sixers.

And yet that knucklehead Martin did think he should get the ball on the last play against Michigan. Idiot!

And yet that knucklehead Martin did think he should get the ball on the last play against Michigan. Idiot!

McRae did take (and airball) the last shot. In the prior offensive possession, Stokes got a steal on the inbound under our own basket before the questionable charging call.

I think Stokes can continue to be productive in the actual league, his rebounding will translate. I'm just worried McRae will have an even harder time slashing/driving to the lane against stronger competition, hope I'm wrong.

He won't. Jordan has one of the quickest first steps you'll ever see. He'll do just fine.

VN Store

Back