ESPN Disrespects Heupel

Glad you got a good laugh on the spelling. I see you don't know football if you don't think he is a good coach. I also see that you are a real jerk, is that negative enough for you?
Oh no pull the victim card. You were constantly bashing players, saying they suck and constantly bashing the VOLS for a so-called fan. I’m not being a jerk I’m just speaking the truth.

Vols run a ”gimmick“ offense using wide splits and tempo and it will not translate from UCF to the SEC.

Lane Kiffin is a joke. He is stuck at Ole Miss and he is waiting for the UF job to open which is his last chance for a major SEC job after being passed over by Auburn, Bama, Tennessee and LSU. He whines and cries out of envy for the SEC Big Boy programs and is beyond lucky to be at Ole Miss. He is the self proclaimed transfer portal king which will fall flat on its face in 2024.

Reactions: OllVol
Lane Kiffin is a joke. He is stuck at Ole Miss and he is waiting for the UF job to open which is his last chance for a major SEC job after being passed over by Auburn, Bama, Tennessee and LSU. He whines and cries out of envy for the SEC Big Boy programs and is beyond lucky to be at Ole Miss. He is the self proclaimed transfer portal king which will fall flat on its face in 2024.
Florida is the exact place that would eat him alive within the first 2 years. Why would Kiffin fare any better than former OC and HC Dan Mullen?

Last edited:
Reactions: knox73
Oh no pull the victim card. You were constantly bashing players, saying they suck and constantly bashing the VOLS for a so-called fan. I’m not being a jerk I’m just speaking the truth.
I speak well of several players, if some are not good I say so. I like Heupel, I speak well of some assistant's, some not so much. That's just speaking the truth. I've been a Vol fan for over 55 years, I drive over 6 hours to see them play. Fans have a right to speak their opinion. That goes for you and me. Mine and your differences are I might disagree with someone, but I won't try to shame them. Have a good night. Go Vols?

ESPN just wrote a article where they rank to top 10 college coaches:

1. Kirby
2. Deboer
3. Utah coach
4. Dabo
5. Norvell
6. Lanning
7. Sarkisian
8. Kiffen
9. Kansas coach
10. Day

Others receiving votes:
Brian Kelly, Lincoln Riley, Ferentz, Fickell, Drinkwitz, Mack Brown, Mike Grundy, Jonathan Smith, Deion, Curt Cignetti, Chris Kleiman, Jon Sumrall.

None of the espn guys even gave Heupel a vote. Coaches at Tulane, Indiana, Michigan St, Kansas, Kansas St, Missouri, and Ole Miss all getting votes ahead of the coach of the Tennessee Volunteers? WTH?

Help has gotten us from Cornbread to just a few plays away from the SEC title game and the CFP in 3 years. I don’t get it. Why doesn’t espn like Heupel?
The love for Leipold is crazy. He’s a very good coach and Kansas is a tough gig, but the B12 is weak. Putting him top 10 is crazy. He had a losing record at KU.

Who the f***k cares? It's your fault for watching or reading anything produced by ESPN, and worse yet for taking it seriously enough to actually start a thread.
So, if the Vols are playing on ESPN or the SEC Network, you're saying you're skipping the game?

Who the f***k cares? It's your fault for watching or reading anything produced by ESPN, and worse yet for taking it seriously enough to actually start a thread.
Ding, ding, ding.... We have a winner folks...

WGAF about opinion poles in general? Fragile people...

Useless thread, whiney OP..

Reactions: mackievol and sami

1. Kirby
2. Deboer
3. Utah coach
4. Dabo
5. Norvell
6. Lanning
7. Sarkisian
8. Kiffen
9. Kansas coach
10. Day

Others receiving votes:
Brian Kelly, Lincoln Riley, Ferentz, Fickell, Drinkwitz, Mack Brown, Mike Grundy, Jonathan Smith, Deion, Curt Cignetti, Chris Kleiman, Jon Sumrall.

None of the espn guys even gave Heupel a vote. Coaches at Tulane, Indiana, Michigan St, Kansas, Kansas St, Missouri, and Ole Miss all getting votes ahead of the coach of the Tennessee Volunteers? WTH?

Help has gotten us from Cornbread to just a few plays away from the SEC title game and the CFP in 3 years. I don’t get it. Why doesn’t espn like Heupel?
What’s the criteria for the rankings? Wins? Social Media presence? Twitter mentions? It could one of those fill the site articles during a slow media cycle.

Vols run a ”gimmick“ offense using wide splits and tempo and it will not translate from UCF to the SEC.
Every time a scheme is introduced, it's a gimmick because it doesn't follow contemporary norms. The fun and gun, the Pistol, the single wing, the Wildcat, the Wishbone, the Power I, the Air raid, and so on. Then as coaches gain experience from playing against it, they devise a gimmick defense to stop it. And the beat goes on. Typically, critics, know it alls, and just plain jackasses decry the new thing, criticize it, mock it, and whatever. New here comes this plump pootie called Heupel with a wide split, uptempo scheme. So what's the surprise when the aforementioned critics whine and pooh-pooh about it? None whatsoever. History, you see, is an infinity loop. Powered by the cosmic singularity of ignorance of history. Or something like that.
1713441252157.jpeg
What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun. (Ecclesiastes 1:9)

1. Kirby
2. Deboer
3. Utah coach
4. Dabo
5. Norvell
6. Lanning
7. Sarkisian
8. Kiffen
9. Kansas coach
10. Day

Others receiving votes:

Because ESPN is drunk as a bicycle.

Last edited:
Given equal player talent he would beat Kirby Smart 90% of the time.
We don’t know that. Overachieving with lesser talent is not the same as managing and developing great talent to win championships. Some can do one but not the other.

Regardless, Kirby recruits that talent, develops that talent, and wins with it at a level no other coach does in the toughest conference in America. Leipold has had ONE non-losing season as a P5 coach. There is no comparison. And suddenly he’s a top 10 coach in America.

Last edited:
Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol

1. Kirby
2. Deboer
3. Utah coach
4. Dabo
5. Norvell
6. Lanning
7. Sarkisian
8. Kiffen
9. Kansas coach
10. Day

Others receiving votes:

Deion being on there would be the main thing I would be pissed about even getting a vote. I am okay with Heupel not being in the top 10 consensus wise but you'd think he had at least gotten some votes.

We don’t know that. Overachieving with lesser talent is not the same as managing and developing great talent to win championships. Some can do one but not the other.

Regardless, Kirby recruits that talent, develops that talent, and wins with it at a level no other coach does in the toughest conference in America. Leipold has had non-losing ONE season as a P5 coach. There is no comparison. And suddenly he’s a top 10 coach in America.
Some guys just can't fathom that someone with that bad of a haircut is a good football coach but it's pretty clear now if you can be remotely objective and have eyes that Kirby Smart is in fact a very good football coach. He develops a lot of the 3 stars they sign too, Jordan Davis, Ladd McConkey, I mean jeezus they won two national championships with Stetson Bennett, and you can say Stetson had great talent around him sure, but he made plays, he was the MVP of all 4 playoff games he ever played in.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Some guys just can't fathom that someone with that bad of a haircut is a good football coach but it's pretty clear now if you can be remotely objective and have eyes that Kirby Smart is in fact a very good football coach. He develops a lot of the 3 stars they sign too, Jordan Davis, Ladd McConkey, I mean jeezus they won two national championships with Stetson Bennett, and you can say Stetson had great talent around him sure, but he made plays, he was the MVP of all 4 playoff games he ever played in.
Right. He’s the best coach in college football right now. And it isn’t close.

So, if the Vols are playing on ESPN or the SEC Network, you're saying you're skipping the game?

Nope. I've watched nothing aside from the games themselves on ESPN (recorded on DVR to skip halftime, announcer blather, and commercials) for the last 25 years or so, and am happier and more informed as a result. It's remarkable what a difference not subjecting yourself to the agenda-laden garbage that makes up most of ESPN's 'content' can make, and how you'll wonder why you ever did before. Try it sometime - you'll never look back.

VN Store

Back