ESPN did not hesitate to make a crack at Tennessee today on GameDay

I haven't watched GameDay in years, SEC Nation is better, IMO. As far as the comment, that's not bad at all. It's 100% true and if you're not a fan of UT then it is funny. Just like if Bama or UF was in UTs position, we'd be laughing at them too and cracking jokes.

True. I think it was the lack of content (notably SEC) this week that sent me to GameDay. I rarely watch it.

Reactions: volsrock09
Nebraska, Michigan, Alabama, Oklahoma, Miami, Georgia, USC etc have all had embarrassing decades and bad coaching hires. Quit acting like UT is some anomaly to this
Which one of those schools brought back a previously fired head coach to be their AD?

Sorry, but it is an anomaly. One big difference. Facts are facts and we deserve a chuckle. Face it

I'm getting real sick and tired of not getting the respect a top 12 program all time should get. We are the best team in SEC history besides bama
We’ve been irrelevant for two decades and are currently a junkyard tire fire. I expect us to be the butt of a lot of jokes until we prove that we’re not one.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
All of them went on about "we would need a whole show to discuss the transfers from Tennessee" and then laughed about it. Always willing to throw a barb in there against Tennessee.
What annoys me is the fact that 2/3rds of them would never see the field for Tennessee. Most of them don't have a team or had to go 1AA. Realistically, we are only going to miss about five or six of them. The biggest issue will be for depth.

Reactions: volbound1700
I wonder what our record is vs Vandy over the last 10 years. Look it up I bet it will surprise you
We are 60-62. Hardly what the “terrible” record of actually lifetime bad programs. And that’s with us playing multiple top 10 teams both in and out of conference. If we played a Boise St, UCF, Indiana, Washington St or Duke type schedule we would’ve been a top 25 type record team nearly every year the last decade. We have shot ourselves in the foot and been average no doubt. But we aren’t exactly La Monroe or New Mexico St either

We are 60-62. Hardly what the “terrible” record of actually lifetime bad programs. And that’s with us playing multiple top 10 teams both in and out of conference. If we played a Boise St, UCF, Indiana, Washington St or Duke type schedule we would’ve been a top 25 type record team nearly every year the last decade. We have shot ourselves in the foot and been average no doubt. But we aren’t exactly La Monroe or New Mexico St either
You're comparing us to other programs. I'm comparing us to what we once were and should be.

I watch JUST the games on ESPN and pretty much none of their other trash. Even if it weren't for all the leftist woke crap... it just isn't very well done or delivered.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Ron Zook and losing to Ga Southern says hello. You clearly don’t remember Bama and UGA down periods either
I do remember. You don't. Neither Bama's nor Georgia's down periods were as bad as ours. You should conduct better research before posting. Or I suppose you might not know any better

Everyone says Tennessee has been irrelevant for 15-20 years now. But it amazes me how UT lives rent free in people’s heads and we still get brought up even though we are not “irrelevant”. Must be something when people can’t stop about UT.

By that logic ESPN lives in our fanbase's head rent free because we can't stop complaining about them being mean to us.

Ron Zook and losing to Ga Southern says hello. You clearly don’t remember Bama and UGA down periods either
What down periods? Zook was there for only three seasons. After he was dismissed, Urban picked right up where spurrier had left off. And when has Alabama had a down period? Even when they’ve been on probation they’ve still been successful. I guess you can count Ray Goff’s time in Athens as a down period, but they bounced back pretty quickly.

VN Store

Back