ESPN College Gameday - snubs Vols again

tabrams

Supportin' the Cause
I usually don't care if we gets ignored or under-ranked as the season goes along. But now that the season's over, they were talking this morning about "programs making the biggest leap forward." They spoke about TCU of course, and then USC. Of course there are many other schools they could have mentioned ranked lower too, but zero mention of the Vols!

Then they were talking about the Heisman a little bit, and again no mention of Hendon Hooker.

I don't think that ESPN dislikes us, but it's very possible that Desmond, Herb, and that moron with the cowboy hat doesn't like TN or care for us at all, even though they were on our bandwagon 3 weeks ago. We came back from a historically bad situation (3-7) a few years ago to get to 10-2, in the best short turnaround in the country, imo. Yea we played 1 awful game, and another pretty bad game, but no mentions at all?

The only way we can get those fools to respect us is to keep the program moving upwards, and get those wins on the recruiting front and resultingly on the field until they cannot deny us. But yea, it is frustrating to not get the credit that we deserve.

I usually don't care if we gets ignored or under-ranked as the season goes along. But now that the season's over, they were talking this morning about "programs making the biggest leap forward." They spoke about TCU of course, and then USC. Of course there are many other schools they could have mentioned ranked lower too, but zero mention of the Vols!

Then they were talking about the Heisman a little bit, and again no mention of Hendon Hooker.

I don't think that ESPN dislike us, but it's very possible that Desmond, Herb, and that moron with the cowboy hat doesn't like TN or care for us at all. We came back from a historically bad situation to get to 10-2. Yea we playing 1 awful game, and another pretty bad game, but no mentions at all?

It doesnt seem like those guys don't like or respect us at all, even though they were on our bandwagon a few short weeks ago.
The only way we can get those fools to respect us is to keep the program moving upwards, and get those wins on the recruiting front until they cannot deny us. But yea, it is frustrating to not get the credit that we deserve.

They don't respect or care about Tennessee - though the truth is they don't respect or care about any program they don't have personal ties to. Remember, it's a business. They want money, fame, and power. Same as anyone else. They're just piggybacking on everyone's love of college football to get those things. And when you stop and think about how much those suited clowns get to influence the course of college football, it should really piss you off. What you saw today is exactly how Charles Woodson stole the Heisman from Peyton Manning. Different year, same arrogance.

But that said, they definitely don't respect or care about Tennessee. It's up to Tennessee to make them talk about the Vols. There'll come a day soon when Tennessee IS on top, and they'll be gladhanding Vol Nation more than ever. Screw that. Never forget. It's up to Tennessee to shove their noses right on that Power T and rub their faces on it until they tap out - and then keep right on rubbing.

I don't think that ESPN dislikes us, but it's very possible that Desmond, Herb, and that moron with the cowboy hat doesn't like TN or care for us at all, even though they were on our bandwagon 3 weeks ago. We came back from a historically bad situation (3-7) a few years ago to get to 10-2, in the best short turnaround in the country, imo. Yea we played 1 awful game, and another pretty bad game, but no mentions at all?

The only way we can get those fools to respect us is to keep the program moving upwards, and get those wins on the recruiting front and resultingly on the field until they cannot deny us. But yea, it is frustrating to not get the credit that we deserve.

Well, they are in Texas, and TCU was 5-7 last year. I’d say 5-7 to 12-0 is a bigger leap forward than 7-6 to 10-2. Hooker was also injured two weeks ago and has no shot at winning the Heisman, so why would they mention him?

Still a lot of BVS on this board.

Well, they are in Texas, and TCU was 5-7 last year. I’d say 5-7 to 12-0 is a bigger leap forward than 7-6 to 10-2. Hooker was also injured two weeks ago and has no shot at winning the Heisman, so why would they mention him?

Still a lot of BVS on this board.

Records alone don’t tell the story of a team’s season - or else Alabama would be ranked behind Tennessee in the playoffs. Tennessee’s first 10 win season in 15 years just might be worth considering. Crazy idea, I know.

I mean, Tennessee went from being a punchline to crushing LSU in Death Valley and ending a 15 year streak of losing to Alabama in what many people called the “game of the year.” The Vols had a potential Heisman candidate AND a receiver vying for the Biletnikoff. I think criticizing ESPN for not even mentioning Tennessee is perfectly fair.

Reactions: mpfvol
what were they going to say about Tennessee this week? There was literally zero this week that involves Tennessee concerning the games they were talking about until the selection show tomorrow. I mean, when Georgia is playing Kent State, they do not go on about georgia. It barely gets a mention. Or when ohio state is on a bye, i doubt they spend 30 seconds on them. Hooker is out of the heisman race. south carolina took care of that for him, not withstanding the injury. why talk about him if he is not a factor. hopefully he gets an invite, but i doubt it now. do other fanbases act like this about how they feel no one respects them, because if ESPN spent as much time on 131 fanbases as Tennessee fans think they should spend on us, college gameday would have to start on saturday and end on the next friday. i mean, come on, they came to Tennessee games more than any other team this year. I think our coverage was more than fair

You nailed it, espn is a tv station that can’t like or dislike, but the folks that work for the company do have feelings and they show their feelings for the Vols consistently.

I expect fans of other teams to show their distain for the Vols. We deserve it. How many times have the Vols dealt out crushing defeats to fans of other teams? Often.

Now that we are turning the corner those guys know what’s coming next. Vols that will steal their soul on a regular basis.

This is how it happens for any team out there. no reason to talk about us this week, not in the heisman, championship games or CFP.

Anything better than ESPN. The announcers for the K State - TCU game are awful! The repeatedly say things that are obviously not true. They are bias as heck. I hope all underdogs win. Go Vols!

I'll never understand how anyone watches this dreck, and I mean any of these shows with media hacks acting as dancing clowns.

Reactions: feathersax
what were they going to say about Tennessee this week? There was literally zero this week that involves Tennessee concerning the games they were talking about until the selection show tomorrow. I mean, when Georgia is playing Kent State, they do not go on about georgia. It barely gets a mention. Or when ohio state is on a bye, i doubt they spend 30 seconds on them. Hooker is out of the heisman race. south carolina took care of that for him, not withstanding the injury. why talk about him if he is not a factor. hopefully he gets an invite, but i doubt it now. do other fanbases act like this about how they feel no one respects them, because if ESPN spent as much time on 131 fanbases as Tennessee fans think they should spend on us, college gameday would have to start on saturday and end on the next friday. i mean, come on, they came to Tennessee games more than any other team this year. I think our coverage was more than fair

^This

I didn’t watch it but who did they talk about that wasn’t playing today or a factor in the playoffs?

We were the media darlings until we lost to SCar. That’s on us.

Why do you care what those troglodytes think? We know who they are and what they’re about. We are Tennessee so screw em!!!

I guess they forgot that they stopped in Knoxville twice for GameDay and once in Athens this year - specifically because the Vols were on the rise. And the TV ratings for both BAMA and UGA bear that out.
I say we embrace being a vilified program.

I guess they forgot that they stopped in Knoxville twice for GameDay and once in Athens this year - specifically because the Vols were on the rise. And the TV ratings for both BAMA and UGA bear that out.
I say we embrace being a vilified program.

I say this is why folks laugh at our fanbase.

VN Store

Back