ESPN app problem watching games on phone…

wtmvol

I’m wondering if this is just my phone, or if this is happening to everyone.

When I pull up the games on the ESPN app, if I rotate my phone to get full screen picture, the scoreboard graphic at the top gets cut off. So I have to watch with my phone turned upright. It didn’t do this last season.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I don't have that problem, but it seems that every UT Men's basketball replay on espn 2, U, or sec network is Mis-Listed evidently purposely, and I either have to figure their shenanigans out or miss recording the game altogether. Latest example was UT--SCAR, replay listed as "Tennessee Lady Vols at South Carolina" That game was played a week earlier. Luckily I recorded it, and it was in fact the UT Men @ SC. The UT men's game followed the Miss St- A&M game in real time and the scheduled replay. So it was definitely done on purpose. It happens too many times to be accidentally. Somebody at espn is deliberately dissing the Vols.

Buy a $39 Roku.
Downlowd ESPN app.
Watch games on your regular TV.
I can watch on TV when I'm at home. I need options for when I'm not at home, which is fairly often in the evening. I mean, first world problem here. Sounds like maybe it's just my phone though. Or maybe my iOS version or something.

Since Jan I have not been able to pull up games on the ESPN app on my Samsung TV but used Air Play to watch. I called Samsung and ESPN. ESPN tried a few things then advised it was a Samsung problem. Call Samsung did everything they could do and told me it’s DEFINITELY and ESPN app issue. Haven’t followed up yet but the ESPN app is extremely sensitive to say the least

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Since Jan I have not been able to pull up games on the ESPN app on my Samsung TV but used Air Play to watch. I called Samsung and ESPN. ESPN tried a few things then advised it was a Samsung problem. Call Samsung did everything they could do and told me it’s DEFINITELY and ESPN app issue. Haven’t followed up yet but the ESPN app is extremely sensitive to say the least
It is very difficult to get any information from ESPN+. She argued that I was wrong . I told to look on the internet about how to get SEC+ on my I pad . I spent 2 hours this morning trying to get everything set up and the person finally said I would have to purchase ESPN+ to get it. I told that was not true because I have SEC Chanel with my TDSTV+ package. I finally told he to look on the internet and read the statement that if you had the SEC channel in your TV package, it was available at no charge. She was silent for a few moments and said she was very sorry. She was unaware that I did not have to pay for ESPN, but she also said she did not know how the steps to get it on my I pad or TV. I then called another ESPN number and no-one ever answered the phone. Result, is I have SEC+ on one of my three TVs and no instructions about have to get it on my iPad. Something has changed fduring the last two weeks when I could get SEC+ on two TVs and my IPad. does anyone know the steps I have to take to get SEC_ on my iPad and TVs whenI have TDSTV+ as my provider/. If so, please post it on the board. Thanks.

Last edited:
I deleted the app and re-installed. I’ll let you know the next baseball game I pull up. I’m on an iPhone 11. I wonder if that’s the issue.
Hope that works for you. It didn’t on my Samsung TV. Both Sam and ESPN assured me that would correct it. They even walked through it with me. 🤷 Nothing

On the plus side, the app is working for me now so I can see the scoreboard graphic. Not sure if it was something they fixed or a result ode-installing the app.

I have had ESPN+ for 5+ years now and have constant problems.
My monthly $9.99 is an auto payment so it's always paid on time, but literally half the times I try to read a Plus article or watch a game, I get a members-only message.
Well, I have been a member forever. I have called three times now, espn has promised there should be no more issues, but there continue to be ??
Was not able to watch Vols-Bama on friday night.

Reactions: tennrich1
My monthly $9.99 is an auto payment so it's always paid on time, but literally half the times I try to read a Plus article or watch a game, I get a members-only message.
Well, I have been a member forever. I have called three times now, espn has promised there should be no more issues, but there continue to be ??
Try logging out and log back in.

Also, a lot of games are on ESPN3 but not available on ESPN+. If you don't have a ESPN subscription on a provider like Cox or Comcast, it's not available on ESPN+.

ESPN+ is trash. SEC+ is even worse. I can never get anyone on the phone to explain how to get games on IPads and my TVs

ESPN+ is trash. SEC+ is even worse. I can never get anyone on the phone to explain how to get games on IPads and my TVs
Yeah, I have been all over that ESPN website looking for a way to contact those bastards.
I don't know, I cannot find a number or even a live chat.
Then, out of nowhere this week, I get this innocuous charge from ESPN+ for $108.00 ?????
No idea where it came from. I was able to cancel the charge with my credit card, but I can't get in touch with ESPN.
Given how bad ESPN is, what is a good option ?
A buddy likes Yahoo Sports, but I don't know if anyone offers what ESPN does, but they are not worth their headaches anymore, never mind their PC agenda.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Yeah, I have been all over that ESPN website looking for a way to contact those bastards.
I don't know, I cannot find a number or even a live chat.
Then, out of nowhere this week, I get this innocuous charge from ESPN+ for $108.00 ?????
No idea where it came from. I was able to cancel the charge with my credit card, but I can't get in touch with ESPN.
Given how bad ESPN is, what is a good option ?
A buddy likes Yahoo Sports, but I don't know if anyone offers what ESPN does, but they are not worth their headaches anymore, never mind their PC agenda.
I was on the ph with TDSTV, my provider, to try to get a format for getting SEC+ on my IPad. They continue to admit that I have to purchase ESPN+ to get SEC+. I explain that I have gotten it in the past but it takes a lot of trials before I luck into the correct process. The lady put me on hold to try to get assistance, but she disappeared from the phone and never called back. The fact is, these people we get for assistance know nothing past the bare basics and try to bluff callers about their lack of knowledge. I finally got the IT Georgia baseball game but it was not worth watching. I still don’t know what I did to get it so I will spent another 15 minutes trying to figure it out.

They kill me with their link to "ESPN support" and it just takes you to a bunch of articles about troubleshooting. Ridiculous.

Here are a few tips…

Sometimes when the ESPN App does updates, ya might have to uninstall and reinstall. This usually happens at the beginning of the season.

Most of the Streaming services have some package with the ESPN+/SEC+ option. Kind of a must have for college baseball.

I have two TV’s, one uses Chromecast. It gives me problems if I cast the game from my phone.

As has been mentioned, signing out and signing back in works.

I recently switched from Comcast to ATT Fiber, it’s not appreciably faster, which was my expectation.

Finally, the day that I can listen to Wilkerson and not have to time up his broadcast to the television broadcast will be a good day!😛
All I got.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back