ESPN announcers in early games today.

VOLINVONORE

It is apparent that the ESPN announcers in today's early games want the Big Ten teams to win the games. I realize that UGA is not playing very well and that Mason needs some seasoning,the Big Ten teams are getting a lot of praise.

Reactions: 3 people
i never understood this nonsensical babble that always pops up on this board with SEC anti bias or pro B1G bias from ESPN. I've spent more time watching the UGA game than the LSU game, but I haven't noticed any bias in any commentary. To add to that, ESPN is SECs' channel.

Reactions: 2 people
i never understood this nonsensical babble that always pops up on this board with SEC anti bias or pro B1G bias from ESPN. I've spent more time watching the UGA game than the LSU game, but I haven't noticed any bias in any commentary. To add to that, ESPN is SECs' channel.

Just shows you just how ignorant and simpleminded people can be.

Reactions: 1 person
Just shows you just how ignorant and simpleminded people can be.

Pretty much. I think people just want to hear things and thus they take things certain ways that suits their fight. It's not just this board and ESPN. The Duck Dynasty crap comes to mind here. The Tony Parker thing comes to mind. People want to be offended. It's almost like they crave it so they can gripe instead of just live life.

Reactions: 2 people
Pretty much. I think people just want to hear things and thus they take things certain ways that suits their fight. It's not just this board and ESPN. The Duck Dynasty crap comes to mind here. The Tony Parker thing comes to mind. People want to be offended. It's almost like they crave it so they can gripe instead of just live life.
I think it more simple than that. Most of these threads come from the emotionally unstable and the mentally wrecked.

I think it more simple than that. Most of these threads come from the emotionally unstable and the mentally wrecked.
If them yankee espn little 10 fans were real men theyd be fair and say SEC is best but yankee wussies hate the sec

It is apparent that the ESPN announcers in today's early games want the Big Ten teams to win the games. I realize that UGA is not playing very well and that Mason needs some seasoning,the Big Ten teams are getting a lot of praise.
Sorry they have been no bias for Big Ten.

I think the Big Ten teams deserve some praise for their performances in today's games. They were all competitive and enjoyable to watch. I did not detect any Big Ten bias, but I flipped back and forth between all 3 games at the same time. Maybe I missed something.

I do think there has been some historical favoritism for Big Ten teams. But the SEC has squashed most of that with it's performance on the field during the BCS era, IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
I heard the espn talking heads espousing about the Big 10's chances to have a great day today, while forgetting to mention they'd have to beat the SEC to do so.

Guess they were wrong, again!

Reactions: 1 person
I heard the espn talking heads espousing about the Big 10's chances to have a great day today, while forgetting to mention they'd have to beat the SEC to do so.

Guess they were wrong, again!

I heard them pick Michigan State over Stanford and one pick Nebraska over a depleted Georgia team, but I don't recall any of them picking Iowa over LSU or Wisconsin over USC.

They're getting a lot of praise because no one thought they'd be able to to compete with the big bad SEC.

But they did.

What's apparent is you either have too much time on your hands, or you are looking for a reason to complain.

but I don't recall any of them picking Iowa over LSU or Wisconsin over USC.
Herbstreit did. He picked Iowa over LSU, mainly because he thought Iowa's defense would be able to put together some blitz packages for LSU's treu freshman QB, but he was the only announcer I saw that picked that upset. Most of the talk though that I saw was about the Big 10's dismal bowl record the last several years, especially in head to head matchups with the SEC (although it was pointed out in the LSU/Iowa game that Iowas has a good track record against the SEC in bowl games) and that they had a chance to change the perception with several SEC matchups in this season's bowl games. I will say that although I thought MSU benefitted from some questionable calls in the 1st half against Stanford, I was surprised at the way their offense manhandled the Stanford defense as the game wore on. I knew they had a great defense, but they've got some RBs who can both run over and around people, and their QB has gotten consistently better as the season has progressed. They were definitely the stronger team in Pasadena and looked very much like a team that should have been in a final 4 playoff system if it had started this season.

Brent Musburger said after the Rose Bowl if Ohio State wins their bowl game the big ten will have had a great bowl season and talked about it for several minutes. The big ten is currently 2-4. Proof.

VN Store

Back