ESPN 30 for 30 needs to do a film about Inky!

GiveEmSix

If you are on Twitter, tweet to @30for30 and tell them we need a film about Inky Johnson.

Let's flood their twitter account for Inky

Reactions: 3 people
He has a book, can never have enough of Inky.

I honestly think if last year's class and this in coming class turn the program around that there will be a 30 for 30 for them down the road.

Reactions: 2 people
I have the book. I think Inky is a great man and has turned his tragic injury into a very inspirational story

and YES, I agree with the thought that there may be a 30 for 30 about us in the future much like "The U"

I've heard Johnson speak, and he's got an amazing story. But very, very few fans outside of the UT fanbase have ever heard of him, so an hour-long block of time dedicated to him is really unlikely to happen.

Inky doesn't even have his own Wikipedia page, if that tells you anything.

Reactions: 1 person
If you are on Twitter, tweet to @30for30 and tell them we need a film about Inky Johnson.

Let's flood their twitter account for Inky

The whole world needs to hear this incredibly inspirational man's incredibly inspirational story. Let's make this come to fruition, VN. GO INKY!!!

I think one is on the way. His story is very inspirational though.

I've thought about that too. I hope they really are working on one. The man is an inspiration...Vol fan or not.

I've heard Johnson speak, and he's got an amazing story. But very, very few fans outside of the UT fanbase have ever heard of him, so an hour-long block of time dedicated to him is really unlikely to happen.QUOTE]

I'll admit, I've never heard of any of these either, but they're all 30 for 30 films...

Little Big Men-The Kirkland National Little League team's success at the 1982 Little League World Series, examining why their title win is considered one of the biggest upsets in the event's history.

Renee-The life of transgender athlete Renée Richards, who shocked the world with her entry into the 1977 U.S. Open.

26 Years: The Dewey Bozella Story -Life of Dewey Bozella and his 26 years behind bars, where he found strength and purpose through boxing (becoming the light heavyweight champion of Sing Sing prison), and his goal to be proven innocent and box professionally once he was released.

Benji-The life of Ben Wilson, a well-regarded Chicago high school basketball star, and how his November 1984 murder (one day before the start of his senior season) had a wide-ranging impact.[3]

Little Big Men-The Kirkland National Little League team's success at the 1982 Little League World Series, examining why their title win is considered one of the biggest upsets in the event's history.

Renee-The life of transgender athlete Renée Richards, who shocked the world with her entry into the 1977 U.S. Open.

26 Years: The Dewey Bozella Story -Life of Dewey Bozella and his 26 years behind bars, where he found strength and purpose through boxing (becoming the light heavyweight champion of Sing Sing prison), and his goal to be proven innocent and box professionally once he was released.

Benji-The life of Ben Wilson, a well-regarded Chicago high school basketball star, and how his November 1984 murder (one day before the start of his senior season) had a wide-ranging impact.[3]

The little league team is the only one I hadn't heard of. And no, I didn't see any of the actual films.

I think you'd be more likely to see an "SEC Storied" on the SECN or ESPNU covering Johnson than you would a 30 for 30 on the mothership.

I was at that game and it broke my heart when he got hurt. Just found a few days ago that he's going to be a guest speaker at my church next month and I'm pretty psyched about it

The little league team is the only one I hadn't heard of. And no, I didn't see any of the actual films.
That's some pretty obscure stuff. The Little League team is the first thing I recognized. I can remember it happening and the celebration was "the Thrill of Victory" every week on the opening of ABC's Wide World of Sports.

If they did, they'd have to talk about Jesus.
I guess they could get Angelina Jolie to direct it and edit out all those uncomfortable Jesus parts.

Empty the bucket!

VN Store

Back