ESPN 2015 FPI preseason poll has TN at #14.

sounds about right. I have us going 10-2 or 9-3 in the regular season. as long as we're not plauged with a higher than expected amount of injuries, this will be a very good football team. only one game on the schedule can be counted as a definitive L (at Alabama). we have a great chance of winning every other game. with most of the toughest opponents having to come to Neyland (Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Georgia) rather than us having to travel to their home (Florida and Missouri).

WE'RE BACK. Its our time again.
If we're back, that would include beating bama imo. When we were prominent we owned them.

9-3 will get us to the SEC Championship Game against (hopefully) Alabama in the yet again weak East.

Very doable.

Reactions: 1 person
The rankings make total sense when you look at what they are that is why every SEC team outside of Vandy (51) is in the top 50. They are not as weak as we see them its just that they play an SEC schedule. So compared to other sec teams they are dead last but they are middle of the pack talent wise on the national scene.

The thing about this UT team is that the defense is going to be good, that's a given they are top 10 on a bad day and top 20 worst case. The offense is the big question, mark it should be good also almost guaranteed. How good it can be is the question. if everything clicks we could be a top 5 offense or we could be slightly better than last year.

What people fail to factor in is this stuff does not happen in a vacuum. Our offense can improve but if the opponents on our schedule improve just as much or more on defense, it cancels out. Everything must be put in perspective statistically. Teams will have a decent amount of film on Dobbs and Hurd now. So Dobbs has to improve as a passer because teams will be prepared for him running. Will our WR corps be able to stay on the field instead of the training room? If so Dobbs becomes a better passer by default.

We have a silly amount of talent coming back with experiance from last year but the sheer number of those talented guys coming back from surgeries is a bit scary. I tihnk worst case we get 7 wins if all things go wrong but expecting much mroe than 8 or 9 wins is kinda pushing it iMO until we know what we have in our O-line.

Reactions: 1 person
We are TENNESSEE, we are nearly back to the top by the end of the season we will be a top 10 team and then finally in 2016 we TENNESSEE will be kicking azz and taking names and fighting for a playoff spot, the BIG ORANGE FREIGHT TRAIN IS COMING AT YOU ON SATURDAY AFTERNOONS AND NIGHTS IN BIG ORANGE COUNTRY, I HEAR THAT BIG ORANGE TRAIN COMING.:td: :fireworks:

Reactions: 2 people
Id rather see us come out of nowhere, playing like our hair is on fire, stomping people into the ground. Hahahaha but I'll take #14!!! GBO

FPI is an estimate of team strength – not a ranking of who will have the highest win total (which is dependent on schedule)

So FPI rank 14 & FPI 18.8, predicted Offense rank at 19th & predict Offense 7.8 and predicted Defense rank at 12th & predicted Defense 9.2.

I am officially corn-fused.

Ain't no one corn-fused on Rocky Top -- Rocky Top Tennessee

Key factors seem to include: Dobbs as returning starter QB (65+/- % ?) + JRM/Barnett/all others as high# of returning D starters + Special Teams (Ev Berry 29.5 avg / 68 long -- kickoff returns) + Butch & Co returning coaching abilities just waiting to fully howl from the Hill.

I keep saying that but people go all "they're over rated we will when by 20" on me

The Hogs are like us they are the team on the rise in the West and we are the team on the rise in the EAST, something has to give, but we do have them at home, you know what they are going to do line up and try to run the ball right at you, so by the time we play them we will see if the DL is as good as everyone thinks it will be, the HOGS have one of the top 3 OL in the country they are a very very talented football team as we are.

6-0 ranked 10th going into bama week. Mark it if it comes true. Just kidding if not.

we'll be alot higher than 10th if we're 6-0 in October with victories over Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Georgia. that'll be 3 ranked teams we would've beat. we'll be ranked at least 5th if that happens.

Nobody in their right mind is going to have Tennessee at 14.

I think the preseason poll will have them 20-25. I think this ESPN FPI poll is closer to the true strength of the teams. I am sure there will be plenty of teams ranked in front of TN and other SEC teams that head to head would lose.

VN Store

Back