‘23 EN TE Emmanuel Okoye (Tennessee commit)

Teams have been taking big athletic basketball players and making them tight ends for years. Coach him up a couple of years and let his athleticism take over.

If you wanted to you could use him in a goal line package now. It doesn’t take a neuroscientist to split out from the end of the line and run to a spot on the field. Let CJH scheme a one on one with a safety. 6’5” with a 45” vertical. Just throw it up and have him go after it.

He played in three games last fall for the NFL Academy team -- his first and only game experience in organized football -- and saw time at defensive end and on special teams. The Volunteers think he could develop into a tight end.

Naturally raw as a football player, Okoye showcased amazing athleticism at the NFL Academy combine. He recorded a 45.5-inch vertical leap and an 11-foot, 3-inch broad jump -- both of which would NFL combine records for defensive ends. Okoye also has a 72-inch wingspan.

"I am thankful for all the support from everyone who is part of the NFL Academy program, my mentor Osi Umenyiora and all those who have contributed to this special moment for me," Okoye said as part of a statement released by the NFL. "This is just the beginning of my journey, and I will continue to work hard to grow and learn every day. Whilst I will always be part of the NFL Academy family, I am excited to join the University of Tennessee, and to continue to develop as a player and a young man. I hope I will make my family proud, and that starts with an elite education -- which was key to my decision making -- and I can't wait to take this opportunity and give it everything I have."

~Okoye

"What an incredible moment for Emmanuel. His athleticism, natural sporting talent and outstanding personal character make him an impressive prospect for the game. ... Remember Emmanuel's name, as he has an exciting future ahead."

~Osi Umenyiora
I keep seeing the 72” wingspan quote and I don’t think their math is mathing. Wonder what his actual wingspan is?

VN Store

Back