Email large attachments

USAF_Vol

Let there be BEER
DesertVol is trying to email me a video of the Stoerner fumble. He said it is 20mb, and everytime he tried to send it, it would not send.

Anyone have any idea how to send that large of an attachment?

Remus, feel free to chime in here:)

Well, e-mailing attachments that large depends on the two e-mail servers which are handling it. Often times they are set to reject e-mails of that size.

He could use WinRAR to split the file into doable chunks, say 5 files 4 MB a piece. Then send them in 5 different e-mails. Once you have all 5 files, you just use WinRAR to bring them all back together.

Winrar is a powerful compressing software on the market. I prefer Winrar than Winzip (of course because it supports rar files, lol).

If you compress your file(s), you can enter the volume size in
"Split to volumes" field in the "archive name and parameters dialog"
in general tab to create volumes (multi part archives).

By default it is entered in bytes. But if you add a lowercase letter 'k' at
the end of the volume size, the entered value will be considered as kilobytes
(multiplied by 1024).
Use an uppercase 'K' to denote thousand of bytes (multiply by 1000), '
m' means megabytes and 'M' - million of bytes.

It is also possible to select the volume size from the list associated with
this item. Note that if you are archiving to a removable disk, you may select
"Autodetect" from the list and WinRAR will choose the volume size automatically
for each new volume.

For multiple CD's you can enter for example "700m" for 700MB CD's.
WinRAR creates a multi-volume archive (volname.part001.rar, volname.part002.rar, etc. ) The volumes are 700MB and the last volume may be smaller

In your case, you should enter 10m or 10000 into "Split to volumes" field then click OK. Then up you go.
:thumbsup: He would just have to put 4m in the field...

Oh geez. Desert, did you get all that. Looks like this will be a weekend project. I am too swamped and wore out from work.

Thanks Remus! I may IM you when I get this started:p

Easier solution would be yousendit.com or senduit.com if you have no security concerns. It basically asks you to upload the file and sends a link to the recipient, whereby he can simply download the file. FTP like without the site.

Easier solution would be yousendit.com or senduit.com if you have no security concerns. It basically asks you to upload the file and sends a link to the recipient, whereby he can simply download the file. FTP like without the site.

:question:

What is this mean?
FTP like without the site.

FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. Without getting overly in depth, a FTP site would be a place to upload files where others can go, find the file and download it to their own computer. FTP sites typically require you to pay for storage capacity or pay for use of the site. These sites allow you to upload the file and then sends a message to the recipient that takes them directly to the download site.

Oh....pay site, yeah ummm that's not going to work. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was thinking something along the lines of Free99

Oh....pay site, yeah ummm that's not going to work. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was thinking something along the lines of Free99

I could provide some temp ftp space for you guys. Just let me know.

he just needs to pm me and i can setup an ftp account where he can upload the clip. I would also like to download the full clip before it's "you tubed".

If I he gets it uploaded I'll let you all know.

Sorry Vader... never happened. Poke USAF and tell him to figure out how to split a file with WinRAR.

VN Store

Back