Elzy shouldn’t have lost coaching job

And you know that how?

I'll say this and say no more on the topic, if she had stayed, we would not be talking about everyone on the team returning.

If what you say is accurate ( and I don't know of any reason why you would just make it up ) than that is really disturbing. There are instances of coaching abuse but nothing like that has been alluded to here.
It would be a case of the inmates running the asylum.
Which player(s) exercised their influence to oust a coach they apparently didn't like ?

If what you say is accurate ( and I don't know of any reason why you would just make it up ) than that is really disturbing. There are instances of coaching abuse but nothing like that has been alluded to here.
Which player(s) exercised their influence to oust a coach they apparently didn't like ?

You are making a lot of assumptions....deerpark makes it sound like she needed to go.

i can't remember the last time the Lady Vols had a full roster of scholarship players,CPS didn't have a full team either,as best as I can remember

+++++++

Not always a bad thing gov...Sometimes a de-committ can be picked up late in the summer from another school. All of the world knows we want a skilled, proven 3-pt shooter. This may be how we acquire one.

You are making a lot of assumptions....deerpark makes it sound like she needed to go.

I don't think so. Deer park was straightforward, it was either Elzy or a player(s) would walk. It was Elzy who got her walking papers. Someone made a choice between the two. DP didn't bring other factors into the equation (ie. poor performance as recruiting coordinator ). Though other factors may have been included in the decision.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think so. Deer park was straightforward, it was either Elzy or a player(s) would walk. It was Elzy who got her walking papers. Someone made a choice between the two. DP didn't bring other factors into the equation (ie. poor performance as recruiting coordinator ). Though other factors may have been included in the decision.

I understand what you are saying, but if people/deerpark is going to address it though, be bold enough to stand behind it/state which player/players had the issues with said coach. If it was Diamond & Te'a and we've done all of this to please 1 or 2 players (and I am making assumptions) the same 2 players who was not there to support Carter on her Miss Tennessee award, the same two players who didn't post a tweet about Graves being drafted then maybe Elzy had a reason for acting the way she acted. Lady Vols have always played as a team and Pat has never allowed anyone to feel like they are above the "Team" and if that is the stance Holly decided to make she's opening a bag of worms. This is pure speculation and I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: 3 people
I think Holly should have fired the entire staff including herself for failure to recruit a single five star player in 2016. I'm still waiting to see if she can close the gaps we need to close for next year's team. We need at least one more post player and a three point shooter that is consistent. We want know if any returning players are better until we see them play next season so that is another area where Holly needs to be at work and probably isn't.

I find it astonishing that any LVs are not supporting important milestones for their teammates! Totally inexcusable, and those young women should be outed to all. It might just explain some of our troubles this past season. And if any players had undue sway over the decision to fire someone, THAT should be outed as well.

Do the LVs have some SNAKES on the team?

I find it astonishing that any LVs are not supporting important milestones for their teammates! Totally inexcusable, and those young women should be outed to all. It might just explain some of our troubles this past season. And if any players had undue sway over the decision to fire someone, THAT should be outed as well.

Do the LVs have some SNAKES on the team?

None of us know what the players say to each other. For all we know, Diamond and/or Te'a congratulated their teammates personally instead of broadcasting on social media.

Reactions: 4 people
None of us know what the players say to each other. For all we know, Diamond and/or Te'a congratulated their teammates personally instead of broadcasting on social media.

Congratulating them personally I can understand but for neither to show up (and they were the only 2 from the team) at the awards ceremony when Andraya Carter won Miss Tennessee is not a good look.

Congratulating them personally I can understand but for neither to show up (and they were the only 2 from the team) at the awards ceremony when Andraya Carter won Miss Tennessee is not a good look.

I saw a post on Twitter showing the lady vols pic together stating that they wish the whole crew could have been able to make it.... It sounded like the other two had obligations elsewhere.... Not that they weren't being non-supportive.

Reactions: 2 people
I saw a post on Twitter showing the lady vols pic together stating that they wish the whole crew could have been able to make it.... It sounded like the other two had obligations elsewhere.... Not that they weren't being non-supportive.

I will give the benefit of the doubt but a freshman has other obligations on a Monday night? Both found time to attend a Track Meet together, all I am saying is if the reason Elzy left was because she was against Holly treating/placing them two above the team then I don't blame her. It is just speculation because no one wants to say if they were the two whom Elzy had the problem with or if they were the two refusing to return if she was retained

Looks like another case of Tail wagging the dog...
taildog.jpg

No where in sports should players dictate what a coach should do. If that is the case, someone is in big trouble. Namely the coach! I am happy for Elzy if that is the case, get as far away from this as possible...
e37056e0ed122ba4474e1e1056ac76ad.jpg

Last edited:

That's not the case at all, you're misconstruing what I said.

In general, it was best for all parties that she move on. No one demanded it, no one threatened to leave over it or used "influence" to get it to happen. But it became very clear as the season moved on that this was the outcome needed.

But if she had remained here, particularly if she had remained and either of the other two assistants departed, I believe you would have seen more than one player leave.

I'm not going to address each comment individually, but I think many posters in this forum have greatly overestimated the value that Elzy brought to the program, particularly on the court.

In general, it was best for all parties that she move on. No one demanded it, no one threatened to leave over it or used "influence" to get it to happen. But it became very clear as the season moved on that this was the outcome needed.

But if she had remained here, particularly if she had remained and either of the other two assistants departed, I believe you would have seen more than one player leave.

I'm not going to address each comment individually, but I think many posters in this forum have greatly overestimated the value that Elzy brought to the program, particularly on the court.

+++++++++++

I know we are worlds apart in our posting subject matter and views and aspirations... but man, Write a "page" and get poked for a week for "one sentence".

But, C'est La Vive... Such is Life !

Just like some are over estimating the value that Dean has brought to the program or Jolette. What other school has shown interest in him? What other schools has shown interest in Jolette. You have to be more upfront with the circumstances and not beat around the bush. Diamond and Mercedes already sat out a season, they were going to sit out another one? Carter could've been a grad transfer but where else would she really go and start? Same with Reynolds? I like the players we have but it's not like other teams are beating down the door to get them to come there, especially the way they performed this year and to try to make Kyra the scapegoat is ridiculous. How is it the problem didn't exist until Diamond got on the floor? The year that Diamond and Russell sat out prior to Te'a and MeMe arriving there was no talk of friction among the coaching staff? This is making me more excited about next season to see how much was it that a coach with head coaching aspirations knew what it takes to get it done and voiced her opinion of how to do so and the coach who is on no ones radar to be a head coach (Dean) or the coach who was fired as a head coach and her old boss (C.Vivian Stringer) didn't want her back, or the coach replacing a legend (who we have seen isn't very good) didn't like that she carried herself as a Head Coach and not a yes man/women who's going to agree with everything Holly says even if its wrong

Just like some are over estimating the value that Dean has brought to the program or Jolette. What other school has shown interest in him? What other schools has shown interest in Jolette. You have to be more upfront with the circumstances and not beat around the bush. Diamond and Mercedes already sat out a season, they were going to sit out another one? Carter could've been a grad transfer but where else would she really go and start? Same with Reynolds? I like the players we have but it's not like other teams are beating down the door to get them to come there, especially the way they performed this year and to try to make Kyra the scapegoat is ridiculous. How is it the problem didn't exist until Diamond got on the floor? The year that Diamond and Russell sat out prior to Te'a and MeMe arriving there was no talk of friction among the coaching staff? This is making me more excited about next season to see how much was it that a coach with head coaching aspirations knew what it takes to get it done and voiced her opinion of how to do so and the coach who is on no ones radar to be a head coach (Dean) or the coach who was fired as a head coach and her old boss (C.Vivian Stringer) didn't want her back, or the coach replacing a legend (who we have seen isn't very good) didn't like that she carried herself as a Head Coach and not a yes man/women who's going to agree with everything Holly says even if its wrong

So basically you just wanted everyone fired except Elzy????

So basically you just wanted everyone fired except Elzy????

I think based on this year everyone on the staff should've been let go and not just her if you were firing anyone. She was the recruiting coordinator and didn't land any recruits I get that but is it because the recruits didn't want to play for Holly or the players she thought we should go after Holly didn't want here. Also what has Dean done here to warrant him being here so long? Which Post player since he has been in the position shown improvement since they have been here? Only one you could truly possibly say is Izzy and she had a brother who played professional ball whom she worked out with as well as her boyfriend at the time. What has Jolette done with the guards since she has been here all have seem to regress. So if Holly was firing anyone she should've gutted the entire staff and started fresh because they all played a part in the teams play last year not just Elzy. We shall see how it works with the new coordinator and how well Dean does with Harris because his work with Russell and the transitioning of Dunbar to a stretch 4 and Nared's back to the basket game has been horrible

As far as i remember a majority of us here wanted the entire coaching staff gone and if it were Law that was the first to go or if all three were let go this thread would be totally different.

Amb3096 totally agree with you.

Last edited:

First off it is obvious to me that deerpark works in some capacity at UT and provides what he can of valuable info on several different sports. I don't have a clue what went on in that locker room and neither do you.... All this praise you have for Elzy is unwarranted just like the negative opinion for law and dean is unwarranted.... None of us see the job that they do with the players and none of us know how much interest there has been for either coach. It is Holly's Job to make the call on who she has as assistants and what their job responsibilities.!im concerned with the job that holly has done but it's not been as bad as some make it out to be... This is a huge year for her. If she fails at recruiting this season, then it is time to find a new coach.

I think based on this year everyone on the staff should've been let go and not just her if you were firing anyone. She was the recruiting coordinator and didn't land any recruits I get that but is it because the recruits didn't want to play for Holly or the players she thought we should go after Holly didn't want here. Also what has Dean done here to warrant him being here so long? Which Post player since he has been in the position shown improvement since they have been here? Only one you could truly possibly say is Izzy and she had a brother who played professional ball whom she worked out with as well as her boyfriend at the time. What has Jolette done with the guards since she has been here all have seem to regress. So if Holly was firing anyone she should've gutted the entire staff and started fresh because they all played a part in the teams play last year not just Elzy. We shall see how it works with the new coordinator and how well Dean does with Harris because his work with Russell and the transitioning of Dunbar to a stretch 4 and Nared's back to the basket game has been horrible

If you can't see the difference between Russell's freshman year and now then you are a blind man.

Reactions: 2 people
Russell was a 6th player for the most of her freshman year, not the mainstay inside goto player. She played better on sore feet and with izzy being the focus than she did most of this past year.

If you can't see the difference between Russell's freshman year and now then you are a blind man.

I see the difference and she had a whole season to sit out (while she still worked out) and was the number#1 overall recruit. Look at how much A'Ja Wilson improved from year 1 to year two, the same for Azura Stevens, or Jonquel Jones (who was just drafted into the WNBA) all players with the same height/build as Russell and you tell me what work Dean has truly done? I can name a few other Post players who weren't top recruits who didn't have a full year off and still played far better than Russell has. She has made improvements but has she been great? It seems like many of you are starting to except mediocracy and I refuse to because its not something I expect from my Lady Vols

++++++++++++++++++

There are many of us blind then.

Give me a kid for two years, and I will show you a helluva lot more growth...

I can almost hear an "excuse me please" when she boxes out... No game when facing her defender... A little defensive push and she stays out of the paint except for blindsides... Her hook-shot and jump-hook still arcs from the extended arm instead of keeping it close to her body on the up-lift... ....I'm not being critical of her.... But I am very critical of her progress. And that is not her fault. injury notwithstanding.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back