Electronica

I had the music from that Doja Cat song from a commercial stuck in my head, so I looked up the DJ/producer. This is off Sully's first album, Carrier.

Umbrella term for all of electronic music (not just dance music)
I was being contrarian. My relative by marriage is a prominent E-sician. She even plays at that new fangled E-music fest in Asheville. It all sounds like toddlers mashing keyboards to me but hey, not everybody likes bluegrass either.

Reactions: Behr
I was being contrarian. My relative by marriage is a prominent E-sician. She even plays at that new fangled E-music fest in Asheville. It all sounds like toddlers mashing keyboards to me but hey, not everybody likes bluegrass either.
I love bluegrass. I used to feel the same way you do about electronic music regarding country and death metal. I didn't get either. But after more listening, I realized there is wheat and chaff in any genre. I still can't stand pop country because it's predictable and boring. But the Jason Isbels, Orville Pecks, Sturgis Simpsons, Tyler Childers, etc of the scene are unique and interesting. Long story short, there's no genre out there not worth my time. Just individual artists in each genre that aren't doing anything worth a second look.

Electronic music is the same. Lots of crap to sort through before you find the good stuff.

This is my favorite song on this album. I love way the underlying harmony has a minor 3rd but the melody in a higher octave has a major 3rd, and I love the pulsating backwards something on the 3 of each measure through most of the track that has room cleared for it here and there.

Last edited:
I listen to a lot of Above and Beyond when working out or running. Takes me back to the glory days of Trance (Sasha, Digweed, Oakenfold, PVD, BT, etc)

VN Store

Back