Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

I've been smashing this game, I found myself trying to compare the game to skyrim and morrowind at first but the sheer number of people in the game make it nearly impossible to do. It comes up pretty short compared to the previous RPGs from bethesda, but of course this isn't an RPG.

Once I figured that out, I actually started to really enjoy it. My previous experience with MMOs has been really brief, I could never get sucked into the stories. The voice acting in ESO is superb as always, some quests I find myself just tapping next next next goodbye, but other quests I've really enjoyed the dialogue and are pretty interesting.

I've started playing PVP a little bit as well, teamed up with a group of about 40 players as they stormed a keep to get back an elder scroll. It was really epic, however, if you can't get in with a bigger group I find myself dying to other groups quite often and the game feels like a chariots of fire simulator (dun dun, dun dun dun, dun...)

Been struggling with buying this or witcher 3...

It depends. They're completely different kinds of games. This one relies heavily on multiplayer and can suck you in for months if you let it. Witcher 3 is single player only and can also monopolize hundreds of hours, except by yourself. I always get on Metacritic and read the reviews for games I'm torn on, before making a decision.

Been struggling with buying this or witcher 3...

I got both. Since ESO came out I haven't played witcher 3 since though. I've played all the ES games so it's more familiar to me. I do wish I had other folks to play with though, I'm running completely solo most of the time.

I got both. Since ESO came out I haven't played witcher 3 since though. I've played all the ES games so it's more familiar to me. I do wish I had other folks to play with though, I'm running completely solo most of the time.

Same here

My gamer tag is XjesusX56 if anyone is ever looking for someone to run with. Level 19 at the moment.

On Xbone.

Last edited:
Picked this up last week; dove in last night. While it's no Bethesda rpg, it does have its spirit. I'm really enjoying it so far but it's more about who you play with not the game/story itself.

Quests have been of the bland fetching variety so far. Looks like there's enough depth to keep one busy for a long time. Also, there's very little hand holding after the initial noob area, which I appreciate

I'm a lvl 7 still getting my bearings.... haven't played a proper MMO since WoW about in 2006.

The crafting and trade depth is staggering.

Does anyone have "farm" characters they use to outfit their main ones? Crafting character or thief??

I've made a thief/treasure hunter who solely exists to fund my Templar.

one thing I've noticed is how relatively easy mobs are to defeat... I'm assuming things get tougher after level 10??

I'm a lvl 7 still getting my bearings.... haven't played a proper MMO since WoW about in 2006.

The crafting and trade depth is staggering.

Does anyone have "farm" characters they use to outfit their main ones? Crafting character or thief??

I've made a thief/treasure hunter who solely exists to fund my Templar.

It took me a while to get the hang of everything as well.

I just have the one character. Hit level 40 before I had to go to work.

From my perspective, this game shares as much in common with the Elder Scrolls series and the World War Z movie shares with the WWZ novel...

That said, it could be good on its own merits. Once I'm done with Witcher 3, I might give it a spin.

Totally off topic since this was posted like a month ago but I had to stay in the hospital over the weekend and World War Z was one of the movies I got from their library to watch. I loved the movie... is it bad in comparison to the books? I didn't even know it was a book. Shows what I know. To be fair, I tried asking the dude who spoke broken english and was even worse at interpreting it(why was he answering the phone at a library? idk.), I had asked him if Tom Cuirse or Brad Pitt was in it(because I didn't remember what Oblivion was called and wasn't sure if World War Z was the one with Cruise or Pitt) and he had no idea what I was even asking. I also asked for Catching Fire and got the original Hunger Games. Also, Catching Fire was terrible compared to the first one or so I thought.

As for this game, I've been tempted to get it since I started playing Skyrim in the past year and love it. It sounds like it's more basic from my understanding. Rather than being lots of hidden stuff, everything is more easily found and in the open because it's multiplayer. If true, I don't know how I feel about that.

I'm on my third Skyrim character and after 91 or 92 hours of grinding, I have every peerless circlet and most peerless necklaces/rings. Going to have to make my own peerless destruction ring since the game is so flawed it's called "peeless". I've stolen 0 items with this character. Used 0 potions. Contracted 0 diseases(wear the necklace, don't want to be werewolf at the moment to avoid it). Used 0 potions. Eaten 0 food. Took 0 souls for gems(I purchase them). Used 0 books for leveling up. Used 0 training sessions(I've exploited it before with companion followers and conjuration follower from Tel Mythrin). 0 assaults(any thing on your map that isn't a red dot is assault... so deers, rabbits, unsuspecting victims even if they're bad guys who have yet to detect you). The only crime I've committed is lockpicking... when you're opening treasure chests in a cave, I'd like to know why that's a crime... lol.

With that being said, as I mentioned I have most peerless items, all master robes, probably 150 filled soul gems unused, tons of potions worth 2,000 stashed, 80,000 coins on hand, the 25,000 dollar place with everything furnished in Solitude(no other homes and zero bought horses even). I also have all of the enchantments other than water breathing, fiery soul trap, resist poison and chaos damage. Waterbreathing will come up in loot or a shop eventually, same with resist poison? Chaos Damage you get over in Raven Rock or whatever pretty easily from a merchant. And Fiery Soul Trap, I've never gotten it but it appears you can find it for sale "rarely" which I've never seen and look at every store or get it during a quest as a unique item(even though it's just a big steel axe).

My grinding character(3rd) as it stands over the approximately 90 hours I've wasted...

73 Overall
320 Magicka
350 Health
350 Stamina
--------------
100 Heavy Armor
100 Light Armor
100 Block

100 One Handed
100 Two handed
47 Archery

100 Smithing
100 Enchanting
100 Alchemy

100 Sneak
70 Speech
30 Lockpicking
15 Pickpocket

100 Alteration
100 Conjuration
100 Illusion
100 Restoration
100 Destruction

I should really get a life. But Skyrim... while grinding it out, I've done only like 3-5 real quests(I needed to do the ones in Solitude for a house) and Dragons haven't even appeared yet. Which is lucky for me because I've had to cheat by reloading when I entered Solitude at night and Vampires attacked. Being this leveled up makes the bad guys way more powerful and I watched them wipe out two guards and a towns person in Solitude like it was nothing. And you can't even intervene if you're avoiding bounties cause you accidentally hit the stupid people you're trying to defend. Here's a clue... I'm wearing Daedric Armor that's rated 570 without a shield(567 is max) with 85% restoration cast/grand healing and all sorts of enchantment on my armor, get out of the way.

Anyways, I wanted to make the baddest character I could without using the potion cheat(I call it cheat anyways) to make my bows or swords 9 million in power. It's why I avoided stealing and every other crime. At this level, when 4 or 5 guys are all going after you, it can destroy you quickly still. So, I wasn't ready to make it max and this is the first time I've filled up some categories without paying for it using a trainer. I finally know the game inside and out basically so in the future I can play it on a harder difficult. This time through to build up my stats by grinding, I didn't use any followers like I always have. They take so much attention away from you. As does conjuration if you can spit out artonach whatever or demora whatever. I haven't even been using the conjuration for that that because I'm too busy grinding every other category. I abuse the heck out of restoration though. I never once used it with my first two characters.

tl;dr :) i'm a nerd, sorry.

Totally off topic since this was posted like a month ago but I had to stay in the hospital over the weekend and World War Z was one of the movies I got from their library to watch. I loved the movie... is it bad in comparison to the books? I didn't even know it was a book. Shows what I know. To be fair, I tried asking the dude who spoke broken english and was even worse at interpreting it(why was he answering the phone at a library? idk.), I had asked him if Tom Cuirse or Brad Pitt was in it(because I didn't remember what Oblivion was called and wasn't sure if World War Z was the one with Cruise or Pitt) and he had no idea what I was even asking. I also asked for Catching Fire and got the original Hunger Games. Also, Catching Fire was terrible compared to the first one or so I thought.

As for this game, I've been tempted to get it since I started playing Skyrim in the past year and love it. It sounds like it's more basic from my understanding. Rather than being lots of hidden stuff, everything is more easily found and in the open because it's multiplayer. If true, I don't know how I feel about that.

I'm on my third Skyrim character and after 91 or 92 hours of grinding, I have every peerless circlet and most peerless necklaces/rings. Going to have to make my own peerless destruction ring since the game is so flawed it's called "peeless". I've stolen 0 items with this character. Used 0 potions. Contracted 0 diseases(wear the necklace, don't want to be werewolf at the moment to avoid it). Used 0 potions. Eaten 0 food. Took 0 souls for gems(I purchase them). Used 0 books for leveling up. Used 0 training sessions(I've exploited it before with companion followers and conjuration follower from Tel Mythrin). 0 assaults(any thing on your map that isn't a red dot is assault... so deers, rabbits, unsuspecting victims even if they're bad guys who have yet to detect you). The only crime I've committed is lockpicking... when you're opening treasure chests in a cave, I'd like to know why that's a crime... lol.

With that being said, as I mentioned I have most peerless items, all master robes, probably 150 filled soul gems unused, tons of potions worth 2,000 stashed, 80,000 coins on hand, the 25,000 dollar place with everything furnished in Solitude(no other homes and zero bought horses even). I also have all of the enchantments other than water breathing, fiery soul trap, resist poison and chaos damage. Waterbreathing will come up in loot or a shop eventually, same with resist poison? Chaos Damage you get over in Raven Rock or whatever pretty easily from a merchant. And Fiery Soul Trap, I've never gotten it but it appears you can find it for sale "rarely" which I've never seen and look at every store or get it during a quest as a unique item(even though it's just a big steel axe).

My grinding character(3rd) as it stands over the approximately 90 hours I've wasted...

73 Overall
320 Magicka
350 Health
350 Stamina
--------------
100 Heavy Armor
100 Light Armor
100 Block

100 One Handed
100 Two handed
47 Archery

100 Smithing
100 Enchanting
100 Alchemy

100 Sneak
70 Speech
30 Lockpicking
15 Pickpocket

100 Alteration
100 Conjuration
100 Illusion
100 Restoration
100 Destruction

I should really get a life. But Skyrim... while grinding it out, I've done only like 3-5 real quests(I needed to do the ones in Solitude for a house) and Dragons haven't even appeared yet. Which is lucky for me because I've had to cheat by reloading when I entered Solitude at night and Vampires attacked. Being this leveled up makes the bad guys way more powerful and I watched them wipe out two guards and a towns person in Solitude like it was nothing. And you can't even intervene if you're avoiding bounties cause you accidentally hit the stupid people you're trying to defend. Here's a clue... I'm wearing Daedric Armor that's rated 570 without a shield(567 is max) with 85% restoration cast/grand healing and all sorts of enchantment on my armor, get out of the way.

Anyways, I wanted to make the baddest character I could without using the potion cheat(I call it cheat anyways) to make my bows or swords 9 million in power. It's why I avoided stealing and every other crime. At this level, when 4 or 5 guys are all going after you, it can destroy you quickly still. So, I wasn't ready to make it max and this is the first time I've filled up some categories without paying for it using a trainer. I finally know the game inside and out basically so in the future I can play it on a harder difficult. This time through to build up my stats by grinding, I didn't use any followers like I always have. They take so much attention away from you. As does conjuration if you can spit out artonach whatever or demora whatever. I haven't even been using the conjuration for that that because I'm too busy grinding every other category. I abuse the heck out of restoration though. I never once used it with my first two characters.

tl;dr :) i'm a nerd, sorry.

Not that anyone cares as is, but I've also used 0 intimidation, bribes or whatever you call it when you can convince them to change their mind. Makes getting up to 70 in speech even more of a pain in the ass as it was all done by spending, buying, spending, buying... also have like 20 daedra heart. I'm boss like that. I lied, I'm a loser. Look at me. *hangs head in defeat*

I couldn't bring myself to play Skyrim that long. I applaud your commitment! This game is definitely a more shallow experience than Skyrim, I'm sure. Most MMOs aren't played for their stories though, but for the loot grind, which sounds right up your alley.

World War Z was the Pitt film and Oblivion was the Cruise one, and the best Elder Scrolls game :p

Reactions: 1 person
I'd like to take back the WWZ comment; no, the movie still sucks and has nothing in common with the book. ESO, however, does feel like it belongs among the elder scrolls series. Yes, there are some undeniable fundamental differences in game play, but I applaud Zenimax for getting the atmosphere and lore right.

The more I play this the better it gets; back on the MMO Crack!

Stumbled upon a werewolf shrine and some kind individual bit me a while ago.

Last edited:
Alright, so I finally completed the Witcher 3 and started playing this. First impression, feels like I went from driving a Ferrari to a Kia. Kind of bummed....

I have been playing solo so far so maybe that's it?

Alright, so I finally completed the Witcher 3 and started playing this. First impression, feels like I went from driving a Ferrari to a Kia. Kind of bummed....

Elder Scrolls Online can be played alone, but it definitely wasn't meant to be. And quite a bit of content won't be available playing alone.

But comparing these two games is like comparing an incredible single player FPS with an awesome campaign to Destiny - an MMOFPS/RPG with a shallow story outside of reading books (or cards on Bungie.com) that can be played alone, but is meant to be played with friends (raids, PvP, etc). Apples and oranges really haha

But, yes ESO bored me by level 10. Another Elder Scroll hiking simulator with multiplayer hiking included. The Witcher 3 was a more fun game, but a totally different kind of game.

Does anybody on here play this game? I have been looking at getting it because I love the Elder Scroll series, but I do understand that it is an MMO and I am not expecting the same type of Skyrim play. Was just wondering if others still play this game because I dunno if I would want it if I just played solo all the time. Anybody?

Does anybody on here play this game? I have been looking at getting it because I love the Elder Scroll series, but I do understand that it is an MMO and I am not expecting the same type of Skyrim play. Was just wondering if others still play this game because I dunno if I would want it if I just played solo all the time. Anybody?

I still have it installed, but haven't played it much for the same reasons you listed, it isn't fun alone.

Need a committed group to make it any fun. I got burnt out fairly early on

Hate to bump this old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one. I just got the game on PC and I was wanting to see if anyone still played. I got it since it was on sell.

VN Store

Back