Elden Ring (PS4/PS5, Xbox One/Xbox Series S/X, PC) Coming February 25th, 2022

I've been noticing more every playthrough how deeply central Miquella/St. Trina is in the lore and statuary in Elden Ring, and how odd it is we see nothing of him/her but a withered hand in an optional area.

Anyway, this guy is probably insane (he can make a 40 minute video out of the most threadbare hint of something) but he is also of the same mind as me about the DLC announcment image.

Reactions: Aesius
I've been noticing more every playthrough how deeply central Miquella/St. Trina is in the lore and statuary in Elden Ring, and how odd it is we see nothing of him/her but a withered hand in an optional area.

Anyway, this guy is probably insane (he can make a 40 minute video out of the most threadbare hint of something) but he is also of the same mind as me about the DLC announcment image.

Yeah, I think there may be multiple DLCs.

Miquella was an obvious choice, but exploring the Outer Gods is also a possibility. Astel is clearly not from the Lands Between and neither is the Elden Beast. I think all of that stuff needs explanation. They may tie it all together in this DLC, though.

Reactions: Rifleman
Yeah, I think there may be multiple DLCs.

Miquella was an obvious choice, but exploring the Outer Gods is also a possibility. Astel is clearly not from the Lands Between and neither is the Elden Beast. I think all of that stuff needs explanation. They may tie it all together in this DLC, though.

It's a potentially a massive fantasy world. Not only is there a long back-history that could be explored in flash back and the whole world outside the lands between, but potentially extra-terrestrial realms/worlds that could be explored.

I love the gameplay, but the way the little bit of story we get obsesses with the degree to which each character does or does not have free will is what makes me see that there is so much more here that could be unpacked. Even Elden Beast is described as being merely "vassal to the Greater Will". So to what extent is the tarnished merely a functionary in a larger plot? I hope that is answered in the DLC, but we'll see.

Reactions: Aesius
Went through the Siofra River area today and beat the Dragonkin Soldier. Also delved into Raya Lucaria a bit. The glintstone snipers in the academy are a major pain to deal with when you come across a group of them.

It's a potentially a massive fantasy world. Not only is there a long back-history that could be explored in flash back and the whole world outside the lands between, but potentially extra-terrestrial realms/worlds that could be explored.

I love the gameplay, but the way the little bit of story we get obsesses with the degree to which each character does or does not have free will is what makes me see that there is so much more here that could be unpacked. Even Elden Beast is described as being merely "vassal to the Greater Will". So to what extent is the tarnished merely a functionary in a larger plot? I hope that is answered in the DLC, but we'll see.

I could see a big chunk of the story being reserved for a sequel instead of just DLC.

How amazing would an Outer Gods-focused sequel be if it leaned more towards Bloodborne/Lovecraftian horror? Have it take place outside of the Lands Between entirely.

It could be FromSoft's way of making "Bloodborne 2" but without naming it that (as I believe Sony would require any BB sequels to be PS-exclusive).

Went through the Siofra River area today and beat the Dragonkin Soldier. Also delved into Raya Lucaria a bit. The glintstone snipers in the academy are a major pain to deal with when you come across a group of them.

Magic damage smacks you if you aren’t putting attributes in INT, but there are very few places where this is a problem so I’ve never had more than 23 INT. The melee weapons that use INT scaling are great at the minimums as well.

Reactions: BisonVol
Made it to journey 8 last night where the rune and difficulty ramp ups finally peak. I probably have one more run in me, but it might be a while before I can face the end bosses again.

You're on your 8th playthrough??

TLDR answer: Yep.

Long version: I could normally get through a boss run while picking up some useful items in about 4 hours, give or take, especially as there wasn't much need to level after 300. The last run was tougher, but adding incantations alongside melee attacks got me through. I tried to get into sorcery some but it seems less engaging despite how powerful it is. My favorite incantations work best in melee range.

I had taken a break from Elden Ring afterl Hogwarts Legacy came out. Also had been playing Plague Tale: Innocence.

Yesterday I finally circled back around to Elden Ring. I beat Rennala and am now just seeing what there is to see and do in West Limgrave. It was nice to get back into this game. Reminded that the exploration and boos battles are both in a league of their own.

Anyone else ever run into an issue in this game of knowing where you want to get to but not seeing how and then ultimately feeling like an idiot who can’t read a map once you figure it out? Happened to me the other night 😅

Anyone else ever run into an issue in this game of knowing where you want to get to but not seeing how and then ultimately feeling like an idiot who can’t read a map once you figure it out? Happened to me the other night 😅

Only in new game, and NG+1 through NG+6. NG+7 I pretty much knew where I was going (still a few moments where I started in the wrong direction though). LOL.

Research is starting to show how good learning large game maps is for your brain long term, and for your short term memory, which is help (as my wife will attest) I dearly need.

Only in new game, and NG+1 through NG+6. NG+7 I pretty much knew where I was going (still a few moments where I started in the wrong direction though). LOL.

Research is starting to show how good learning large game maps is for your brain long term, and for your short term memory, which is help (as my wife will attest) I dearly need.

I need to play Elden Ring more often then because Lord knows my short term memory needs all the help it can get lol

I need to play Elden Ring more often then because Lord knows my short term memory needs all the help it can get lol

Even smaller maps will change your brain for the better if you’re engaging spatial strategies in your game play and making mental copies of a 3d environment. You know you are doing it if you can pull up vivid memories of certain areas in a game or you could be dropped anywhere on game map and get to another area without needing any sort of HUD assistance.

Beat Radahn. Not sure if it was by design or if I was just very overleveled, but it was a really easy fight. Rennala and Godrick were far more difficult.

Beat Radahn. Not sure if it was by design or if I was just very overleveled, but it was a really easy fight. Rennala and Godrick were far more difficult.

He was really hard in the early patches and it was messing up game progression for some, I guess, so they nerfed him to the ground. But he has been rot poisoned forever when you find him so it does make sense as a mercy killing mission.

Quit playing after the Godskin Noble in Volcano Manor killed me for the zillionth time. Check out Lies of P if you like Souls likes. Very Bloodborne like
That’s wild I just started that game about 30 minutes ago. Godskin isn’t too bad, just gotta wait out his roll attack

Quit playing after the Godskin Noble in Volcano Manor killed me for the zillionth time. Check out Lies of P if you like Souls likes. Very Bloodborne like

Later on, you get to fight two Godskin Nobles at once. Very tough. But sleep pots make it easy if you have the recipe.

Later on, you get to fight two Godskin Nobles at once. Very tough. But sleep pots make it easy if you have the recipe.
I only had 3 bosses give me major issues but I’ve been playing souls games for years and sekiro etc. I had issues with Malenia, Mohg, and the first Elden lord his second phase. Mohg second phase was also insane

I’m not good at souls games, but I do like them. Just sucks that I always get to a boss sooner or later that I get stuck on. I’ll probably pick it up again sooner or later.

VN Store

Back