Early Signing Period Coverage?

Not watching the signing day circus shows the usual schools will feast and we will get the scraps. :yes:

I don't know what type of scheme we will be running in either side of the ball.

I've heard a 3-4 or a 4-3 could be installed on defense.

West coast, East coast, pro style, or 3 and dust, I hope Pruitt is up to date on his film and already has a plan in place. The ole whoever becomes HC 1st the other will be the OC. You know the buddy system. But only if the are good enough. Somebody has to be part of the behind the scenes.

Darth Saban hates early signing:

“I see more players getting pressured by some schools to sign early so that they don’t get an opportunity from maybe a bigger school later, which I don’t think is in the player’s best interest,” Saban said. “Because a guy may have an opportunity to go to a place that he’s always wanted to go to, or an SEC school, and he’s getting pressured by somebody else to sign early.”

I think he doesn't like not being able to string kids out until February and grabbing the best he can while saying "too bad" to the ones left without a spot at Bama.

Darth Saban hates early signing:

I think he doesn't like not being able to string kids out until February and grabbing the best he can while saying "too bad" to the ones left without a spot at Bama.

It's bad that college athletics is such a good way to control our children.

First signee already. Welcome to RockyTop Tanner Antotutti. 6'5 OL 3*

SR OT
B. Kendrick
6-6 318
JR OT
C. Hall
6-4 316
SO OT
D. Richmond
6-5 309
M. Tatum
6-6 281
FR OT
R. Johnson
6-6 300
D. Brooks
6-5 282
N. Niehaus
6-6 285
T. Smith
6-6 320
R. Locklear
6-5 295
K. Calbert
6-5 316
2018 HS OT
T. Antonutti
6-5 260

Reactions: 1 person
I think the early signing period is a very good thing. It simplifies things for recruits, and gives fans an additional day to celebrate their team.

SR OT
B. Kendrick
6-6 318
JR OT
C. Hall
6-4 316
SO OT
D. Richmond
6-5 309
M. Tatum
6-6 281
FR OT
R. Johnson
6-6 300
D. Brooks
6-5 282
N. Niehaus
6-6 285
T. Smith
6-6 320
R. Locklear
6-5 295
K. Calbert
6-5 316
2018 HS OT
T. Antonutti
6-5 260

Holy crap. Look at the height of that line. We are gonna have to find a 7 foot QB just to see over them.

Tanner Antonutti, OL
3-star offensive tackle, No. 742 overall, No. 58 offensive tackle
6-foot-5, 260 pounds
Nashville, TN

Paxton Brooks, K/P
3-star kicker/punter, No. 8 kicker/punter
6-foot-5, 170 pounds
West Columbia, SC

Tennessee commit LB Matthew Flint of Madison (Ala) County HS will not sign with UT today, said his HS coach Anthony Scott. Scott said via email that since UT hired coach Jeremy Pruitt, `things have changed’ and Flint is `planning to wait’ until February to sign.

Well, you have to come here to see who we sign because all the networks just want to talk about Georgia and how they are killing it. I've never seen a turnaround like Kirby is conducting in Athens, GA. Their tail lights were pretty bright early this season, now I cannot even see their damn tail lights because they are so far ahead of us. :eek: :shakehead:

Last edited:
One thing about the schools who signed 20+ yesterday is that they can focus on the few slots left with their recruiting efforts while also beginning work with the early enrollees.

CJP and staff will catch up.

GBO!

One thing about the schools who signed 20+ yesterday is that they can focus on the few slots left with their recruiting efforts while also beginning work with the early enrollees.

CJP and staff will catch up.

GBO!

There are some negatives and positives to signing a ton during the early time. Its going to be interesting to see how this works out for teams and some of the players, especially ones that might be waiting on a spot.

VN Store

Back