E.P.A. Chief Scott Pruitt (a.k.a. The Swamp Thing)

He was misusing resources. He tasked aides in his office with helping his wife secure a job completely unrelated to the EPA.

Remember the weekly Pelosi VIP Air Force flights to Cali from DC. Remember she insisted on larger planes that could make it nonstop?

A semi related and interesting story. The Air Force has been drawing flak for failures of its C-135 reconnaissance planes. The C-135 derivatives were developed from the same prototype as the Boeing 707 that entered commercial service in the late 1950s. The AF VIP fleet are all newer and most with a far less significant role to play - like flying "dignitaries" around.

Hard-left activist Occupy Wall Street has published the private Tulsa, Oklahoma, home address of Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt – encouraging its followers to take a “pitchfork to him directly.”

In doing so, they have unwittingly demonstrated the wisdom of something for which up till now Pruitt has been heavily criticized by the liberal media and left wing pressure groups: taking on extra security.

According to Daily Caller:

Occupy Wall Street posted Pruitt’s address on Twitter on Monday along with a New York Times article detailing the EPA head’s “cozy ties” with Joseph Craft, a coal executive. The group gave out his address to their Twitter followers “if you want to take [your] pitchfork to him directly.”

I don't think anyone had a problem with Pruitt taking on extra security if he felt it was justified. He should just be paying for the extra staff out of his own pocket rather than tax payer money especially if the whole detail is going to be flying first class with him to Europe.

I don't guess that will be an issue now that he is (at least temporarily) unemployed.

I don't think anyone had a problem with Pruitt taking on extra security if he felt it was justified. He should just be paying for the extra staff out of his own pocket rather than tax payer money especially if the whole detail is going to be flying first class with him to Europe.

I don't guess that will be an issue now that he is (at least temporarily) unemployed.

Okay, if there is a credible threat to a public official of that level, yes I agree with the extra security. Nothing wrong with a little prudence where personal protection is at stake. Now, I don't know how credible that threat was, so I can't answer whether they were needed or not.

No, I don't agree with them all flying first class.

How hot has Destin been lately?

I stay in Destin mainly Jan through early May to avoid the gloom here. I had SAD and it gets to me. No idea how past few weeks have been.

I go down sporadically throughout the rest of the year a week here or there. Headed back in August.

I don’t own yet. Don’t stay quite enough to warrant the Hoa condo fees. Only about 2 months a year. Thinking of buying soon though. I don’t want to rent my place out.

My favorite time of year is end of August to November. Reduced rates and weather rocks.

I always get June grass issues early summer so I stopped going May to July.

Can you tell I want to retire there???? Lol

Now that Pruitt is out the door, more things are likely to emerge about his behavior. A few things already have:

* At least 4 high-ranking E.P.A. officials were either reassigned or demoted after they raised concerns about Pruitt's spending and management practices.

* Officials said Mr. Pruitt wanted to use flashing lights and sirens in his motorcade to expedite local trips in Washington, a perk which is reserved for either the President, Vice President or the Secretary of State.

* Lobbyists and influential Republican donors played key roles in planning Pruitt's foreign trips, according to interviews with officials and E.P.A. documents.

* On his trip to Italy, Pruitt dined with Cardinal George Pell, a prominent climate-science denier and Vatican leader who was also facing sexual abuse allegations from multiple young men. E.P.A. official descriptions of the dinner intentionally omitted the cardinal's presence, officials said.

* A personal friend of Pruitt's from Oklahoma, Samantha Dravis, Pruitt's former Policy Chief, did not attend work or perform her duties for most of November, December and January while continuing to draw a salary.

Reactions: 1 person
Now that Pruitt is out the door, more things are likely to emerge about his behavior. A few things already have:

* At least 4 high-ranking E.P.A. officials were either reassigned or demoted after they raised concerns about Pruitt's spending and management practices.

* Officials said Mr. Pruitt wanted to use flashing lights and sirens in his motorcade to expedite local trips in Washington, a perk which is reserved for either the President, Vice President or the Secretary of State.

* Lobbyists and influential Republican donors played key roles in planning Pruitt's foreign trips, according to interviews with officials and E.P.A. documents.

* On his trip to Italy, Pruitt dined with Cardinal George Pell, a prominent climate-science denier and Vatican leader who was also facing sexual abuse allegations from multiple young men. E.P.A. official descriptions of the dinner intentionally omitted the cardinal's presence, officials said.

* A personal friend of Pruitt's from Oklahoma, Samantha Dravis, Pruitt's former Policy Chief, did not attend work or perform her duties for most of November, December and January while continuing to draw a salary.

Here is the problem I have with many liberals. You guys put others under a microscope and search for dirt but turn a blind eye to your own party’s people.

Evil is evil.

If you are as hard on your guys as the right then that’s fair. That’s what I want from all media. But MSNBC and CNN don’t remotely do that.

They sweep the Clinton stuff under the rug but go after Trump.

That’s is the main reason a lot of us conservatives are sick of it. Total double standard.

Here is the problem I have with many liberals. You guys put others under a microscope and search for dirt but turn a blind eye to your own party’s people.

Evil is evil.

If you are as hard on your guys as the right then that’s fair. That’s what I want from all media. But MSNBC and CNN don’t remotely do that.

That’s is the main reason a lot of us conservatives are sick of it. Total double standard.

No one's stopping Fox from digging away. Ditto with Daily Caller, Gateway Pundit, etc. Problem is, when they do, they don't find much and are forced to resort to wackadoo conspiracy theories.

No one's stopping Fox from digging away. Ditto with Daily Caller, Gateway Pundit, etc. Problem is, when they do, they don't find much and are forced to resort to wackadoo conspiracy theories.

Kinda hard to prove something when Clinton’s server is STILL missing.....

Evil is evil.

Acknowledge the same in right wing media and we might get some were.

I stay in Destin mainly Jan through early May to avoid the gloom here. I had SAD and it gets to me. No idea how past few weeks have been.

I go down sporadically throughout the rest of the year a week here or there. Headed back in August.

I don’t own yet. Don’t stay quite enough to warrant the Hoa condo fees. Only about 2 months a year. Thinking of buying soon though. I don’t want to rent my place out.

My favorite time of year is end of August to November. Reduced rates and weather rocks.

I always get June grass issues early summer so I stopped going May to July.

Can you tell I want to retire there???? Lol

The June grass sucks. I'll only go there in the fall now.

So Trumps tax returns are as important as servers that hold classified information thats possibly a national security risk?

Where is the law requiring Trump to release his tax returns?

Opinion | How to Make Trump’s Tax Returns Public - The New York Times

Mr. Trump reportedly used hundreds of thousands of foundation dollars to settle legal cases and buy portraits of himself that hang at Trump properties, among other egregious examples of self-dealing. Those foundation expenditures were income, and unless Mr. Trump reported that income, he could be prosecuted for criminal tax fraud.

VN Store

Back