During Kickoffs......

I hate the sh!+ out of Georgia, but they have a OK kickoff chant. I'm up for the silence, then the crowd goes ape sh!+ when the ball is kicked. Would be epic.

I would love to hear absolute silence til the ball is kicked, then an explosion of whatever-the-hail you wanna scream.

I've always thought this, but wait until the moment before the receiving team catches the ball. If executed well, it could be quite disturbing to the return man.

Reactions: 1 person
I've always thought this, but wait until the moment before the receiving team catches the ball. If executed well, it could be quite disturbing to the return man.

I think it'd be insanely difficult to coordinate. Not just keeping everyone quiet, but everyone suddenly making noise at the exact same time.

It'd be interesting to see how it would play out though. It might not do much more than cause the return man to not get a solid handle on the ball and keep his return in in the end zone.

...But even for it to spook him like that, it'd likely require the fans to know to keep silent if the ball went out of the back of the end zone (and actually do so), as well as not do it every kickoff...they'd probably need to keep quiet throughout for several of them, and then on one of them unpredictably make that uproar on the returner's catch.

Ha! Would totally love it if it became our habit to go silent as the grave when the ball is being kicked, then have 100,000 orange-clad fans shout BOOM! just when the ball comes into the hands of the returning player. That would be one awesome New Tradition. ;)

Can just imagine opposing coaches prepping their star returners the week prior to coming to Neyland: Now Johnny, they're gonna scare you out of your pads the first time you receive the ball, you just gotta try to live through it...after five or ten times, you'll get more used to it....

Haha, coaches having all 103 other players on the team trying to simulate it by yelling BOOM a dozen tries in a row at the guy, only to find out 103 isn't a drop in the bucket to 100,000 focused inward in the shaped-charge arena that is Neyland. :blink:

Last edited:
I don't know what makes me wanna vomit more this comment or the thought of all the blue hairs moaning and grunting on kick offs

No worries, we 'blue hairs' have a lot more common sense and class that comes with age & living. We would not stoop so low.Y a'll young'uns do it, we need a good chuckle.:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know what makes me wanna vomit more this comment or the thought of all the blue hairs moaning and grunting on kick offs

It would be both disturbing and - because of such - hilarious...at least, in an uncomfortable way.

Last edited:
Honest question, fluff post, has absolutely no bearing on anything but to squelch my curiosity a bit.

While TN is kicking the ball off, and the crowd thunders......what is being said? In my 8 years of being a season ticket holder, it's always sounded like...

"EGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOOOOM!"

But honestly have no idea what's being said/screamed here.

just curious.....

Everyone is actually saying "BIGGGGGGGGGG BOOBS!"

How do people not know this? :crazy:

I would love to hear absolute silence til the ball is kicked, then an explosion of whatever-the-hail you wanna scream.

Absolutely love this idea. Unfortunately, I don't think it'd be possible - too many drunk people.

Regardless, I definitely want to see the fans Checkerboard Neyland at least once a year.

Absolutely love this idea. Unfortunately, I don't think it'd be possible - too many drunk people.

Regardless, I definitely want to see the fans Checkerboard Neyland at least once a year.

& Vandy stadium every other year

VN Store

Back