Duncan Pence now gone-----OLD NEWS...LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And one of those things is something you don't get a warning for.

Deerpark, a lot of coaches seem to make these decisions because of perception. Serrano strikes me as a sincerely principled man. Do you find that to be true?

Deerpark, a lot of coaches seem to make these decisions because of perception. Serrano strikes me as a sincerely principled man. Do you find that to be true?

I don't think Dave will ever do something that would ultimately be bad for the program or a player in it just to save his job. Whether that is extending a pitcher too far in a game or dismissing a player because it's the right thing to do. I think principled, as you said, is a great way to put it.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't think Dave will ever do something that would ultimately be bad for the program or a player in it just to save his job. Whether that is extending a pitcher too far in a game or dismissing a player because it's the right thing to do. I think principled, as you said, is a great way to put it.

Thanks. I think that's all too rare today in collegiate athletics. I'm honored to have him representing our University.

Reactions: 3 people
Well, if you know around here you have to spill the beans with PROOF or you will get smashed for it. Just a little heads-up warning for VN.

Tony, Respectfully...No. Hope you are just kidding. We are all disappointed about this but I know that kid and his family. They are hurting. The only way this could be any more devastating for them is if you added a death in the family. I think we can all agree this is a tragedy to have so much talent wasted in half a semester.

That said, DP is a very likeable guy that struggles with maturity. He just doesn't get it yet. He is young and needs more time than a D1 program can give him to figure it out. WS and Coach Shelton are getting huge gift. I pray for DP that he fits right in and then goes straight into the Braves system for a successful career.

DP didn't give the UT coaches any options. He just had a bad start and used up all his mulligans. Thank goodness for the team that CDS is strong enough, even in a make or break season, not to lower the standards. Lets leave it at that and kudos to zachpack.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Well said GMan. My son played with Duncan several years ago. He is a good kid from a terrific family. I hope he figures it out soon.

Reactions: 2 people
Tony, Respectfully...No. Hope you are just kidding. We are all disappointed about this but I know that kid and his family. They are hurting. The only way this could be any more devastating for them is if you added a death in the family. I think we can all agree this is a tragedy to have so much talent wasted in half a semester.

That said, DP is a very likeable guy that struggles with maturity. He just doesn't get it yet. He is young and needs more time than a D1 program can give him to figure it out. WS and Coach Shelton are getting huge gift. I pray for DP that he fits right in and then goes straight into the Braves system for a successful career.

DP didn't give the UT coaches any options. He just had a bad start and used up all his mulligans. Thank goodness for the team that CDS is strong enough, even in a make or break season, not to lower the standards. Lets leave it at that and kudos to zachpack.

Bold above. Nope, I'm not kidding. You won't believe what I've personally been through on these boards for posting stuff without a link or proof for something. I've been attacked an enormous amount of times for not doing this.

That's what I was talking about as a heads-up. Maybe it happens way more in the football section than the baseball section because football is followed way more than the baseball section. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 person
Bold above. Nope, I'm not kidding. You won't believe what I've personally been through on these boards for posting stuff without a link or proof for something. I've been attacked an enormous amount of times for not doing this.

That's what I was talking about as a heads-up. Maybe it happens way more in the football section than the baseball section because football is followed way more than the baseball section. Thanks!

LOL! Tony's warning is accurate.

Luckily the baseball forum is a little more civil..... at least until the first hiccup and the "fire the coach" crowd shows up.

Timing is also good. One week away from first football game. Nobody is paying attention to Pence.

LOL! Tony's warning is accurate.

Luckily the baseball forum is a little more civil..... at least until the first hiccup and the "fire the coach" crowd shows up.

Timing is also good. One week away from first football game. Nobody is paying attention to Pence.

You know what I'm talking about don't you buddy? I mean it was like I had committed a crime the first time I did this without a link or proof. I should have been jailed based on the VN community response. LOL! :eek:lol:

You know what I'm talking about don't you buddy? I mean it was like I had committed a crime the first time I did this without a link or proof. I should have been jailed based on the VN community response. LOL! :eek:lol:

Thanks for the heads up. My limited experience with VN is all positive. Have to admit that although I love the VOLS Football team,I follow baseball. These threads seem like a pretty good bunch of folks and I enjoy reading their perspective.

IMO, things made public by the University, print media, TV stations, radio stations, arrest records, etc., can and should be civilly discussed on public forums. Things that are private and not made public by those mentioned above, should not be made public by "people in the know"....not fair to anyone, especially the kid and family. Just my $0.02

Reactions: 6 people
IMO, things made public by the University, print media, TV stations, radio stations, arrest records, etc., can and should be civilly discussed on public forums. Things that are private and not made public by those mentioned above, should not be made public by "people in the know"....not fair to anyone, especially the kid and family. Just my $0.02

I think that's why you have seen us use discretion on the specifics of this topic.

Tony takes everything personally. I give it a few hours, and he'll quote this post as a personal attack. What Tony doesn't realize, is that this is a message board, where we rib and question each other, and to let stuff slide off his back.

Tony takes everything personally. I give it a few hours, and he'll quote this post as a personal attack. What Tony doesn't realize, is that this is a message board, where we rib and question each other, and to let stuff slide off his back.

Totally un-necessary post dude!

I do not know where any other member who posted to this thread got his or her info but I can set the record straight. What I post to this thread is true and has been garnered from the most trusted sources closest to the situation.

Pence was dismissed due to 2 factors, not 1 factor. The first factor occurred several weeks before the second factor. Neither factor was, in and of itself, a "one strike and you're out" factor.

Pence was told that if he attends to his situation and gets all of his ducks in a row, he WILL be taken back into the UT baseball family.

Coach Serrano has dealt with Pence in a fair manner. Pence knows this and is motivated to do what he needs to do to in order to get back on track.

As far as Pence's circumstance goes, sounds as if zachpack and GmanVFL may be pretty close to the situation and know what's what.

Go Vols!

As far as Pence's circumstance goes, sounds as if zachpack and GmanVFL may be pretty close to the situation and know what's what.

Go Vols!

I can assure you that deerpark is close to the situation also.:)

Welcome to the forum. Please stick around.

I know the reason(s) for the dismissal as well, I will not of course put that out there but I agree with the decision. Hopefully he can get everything on the right path and get back to be a Vol, he would surely help our team provided that he can prove himself as a quality individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back