Drugs

Anybody else see on the news about pot being laced with fent? This can't be a old head or a good pot dealer behind this . They know better.

Mostly where I think it comes from is Mexico. Or perhaps the authorities trying to further demonize pot in the spotlight cause they know legalized pot will take a bunch of jobs from the alphabet boys.

Seriously has anyone ever tried weed laced with fent?

Anybody else see on the news about pot being laced with fent? This can't be a old head or a good pot dealer behind this . They know better.

Mostly where I think it comes from is Mexico. Or perhaps the authorities trying to further demonize pot in the spotlight cause they know legalized pot will take a bunch of jobs from the alphabet boys.

Seriously has anyone ever tried weed laced with fent?

It's hard for me to think someone did that intentionally. Maybe could have been cross contamination. Messed up if it was on purpose though.

I'm pretty liberal on my drug stances, but fent and its analogs are not far off from a chemical weapon. That's one class of drugs that definitely needs to be heavily cracked down on.

Drugs are bad.

But if.. if you were to hallucinogens.. what would you do while on them?

Is this even allowed to talk about on here? It’s all hypothetical......

Our favorite thing to do when younger, on mushrooms or acid is to go to the IMAX shows at discovery place in Charlotte, they do laser shows inside the dome with a 100,000 watt stereo...the doors, pink Floyd, even the Beatles and led zeppelin...they are all cool. Lasers and loud music in the dome is awesome, so are the planetarium shows they have durimg the daytime at IMAX....highly recommend all of it. Music, lights etc are way better when tripping...lots of fun

Now,.I am old...dont do that stuff anymore. Was fun though, such a long, strange trip as Jerry Garcia said.

Dark side of the moon bro...great album..shine on you crazy diamond, money, us and them, title track,time,.....

Yeah I've already admitted to my embarrassment at that. Listened to it more than i should have. Just didn't put it together. Maybe that's the irony of it. 😂

I listen to Animals on vinyl at least once a week. These days without hallucinogens.

Pink Floyd must be the only band with several albums where listening to a selected track does their music no justice. You have to listen to all of DSOTM, The Wall, Animals, and WYWH.

Moody Blues Days of the Future Past is like that

Procul Harum's A Salty Dog

Beach Boys Pet Sounds

Can't think of too many rock albums like that.

Reactions: 1 person
Pink Floyd must be the only band with several albums where listening to a selected track does their music no justice. You have to listen to all of DSOTM, The Wall, Animals, and WYWH.

Beach Boys Pet Sounds

Good examples, though I am one of the few people who do not like The Beach Boys. I would add Tommy and Quadrophenia, Abbey Road and Sgt. Peppers. Zep II needs to be listened to in its entirety as well.

Reactions: 1 person
Crazy diamomd is on wish you were here.

Animals is floyd's best kept secret

Correct. Animals is great. I like the final cut, too...but it's not as solid top to bottom. Floyd was my 1st band that i bought everything they recorded, in my early teens. Crazy dudes. Gilmour is a legend.

Correct. Animals is great. I like the final cut, too...but it's not as solid top to bottom. Floyd was my 1st band that i bought everything they recorded, in my early teens. Crazy dudes. Gilmour is a legend.

I feel like Final Cut is a bunch of random ideas he wished he'd fit into The Wall. I like it tho.

Tried to put on Animals just now but my dog freaked out and ruined it. She crawled under her bed and just kept barking.

Attachments

• 20180515_141927.jpg
    20180515_141927.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 4

Beach Boys Pet Sounds

They were called concept albums. The Who did a couple, Styx also did a few, Queensryche had a couole. The Kinks had one and so did the Eagles. I always enjoyed a good album that had a larger meaning when all the pieces were put together.

They were called concept albums. The Who did a couple, Styx also did a few, Queensryche had a couole. The Kinks had one and so did the Eagles. I always enjoyed a good album that had a larger meaning when all the pieces were put together.

Yeah, that term was escaping my mind for some reason, tho I'm not sure Pet Sounds (and maybe others mentioned, like Abbey Road) qualifies as a concept album.

Bowie did it, too. More recently, Arcade Fire, and crossing genres, Kanye West and KiD CuDi have done them.

Yeah, that term was escaping my mind for some reason, tho I'm not sure Pet Sounds (and maybe others mentioned, like Abbey Road) qualifies as a concept album.

Bowie did it, too. More recently, Arcade Fire, and crossing genres, Kanye West and KiD CuDi have done them.

It took me a minute to recall the term as well, I hadn't thought about them in a long time. I would like see Floyd again though.

VN Store

Back