Drug testing across SEC

Yea, you're talking in general, but as far as players go, do you think the same?

I'm inclined to take weed out of the process altogether. How is smoking pot going to enhance a players ability?
Incentive?
Coach: Hey Guys we've got Twinkies waiting for you in the End Zone!

Reactions: 1 person
Oh lord. What a great idea. Let's make the use of a dangerous, gateway drug a slap on the wrist crime.I've got a better idea. Let's make anything under an ounce a felony and mandatory prison sentence.

Please stop with the gateway nonsense. Using the same logic stream attending elementary school and eating at McDonald's are gateways for hard drug use in that 99% of heroin/opioid users attended elementary school and have eaten at McDonald's. It's ignorant nonsense, just stop it.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm inclined to take weed out of the process altogether. How is smoking pot going to enhance a players ability?
Incentive?
Coach: Hey Guys we've got Twinkies waiting for you in the End Zone!

I'm not interested in a conversation on legalizing pot.

I do think whether it's legal or not, players should abstain from any form of intake of it and should be heavily penalized if they test positive for it. Obviously not sent to prison, but not just a $15 ticket and forgotten.

Reactions: 2 people
Just legalize it across all 50 states and be done with it.

agree with legalizing it but that doesn't necessarily mean that the schools won't still prohibit its use the same way that a lot of employers would and do prohibit its use now. At least it would stop putting stupid crap on someone's record for the rest of their life.

Oh lord. What a great idea. Let's make the use of a dangerous, gateway drug a slap on the wrist crime.I've got a better idea. Let's make anything under an ounce a felony and mandatory prison sentence.

Please stop with this ridiculous BS..

Just legalize it across all 50 states and be done with it.

Even if they legalize it. It'll probably still be tested for because just like alcohol, you can't show up to work drunk...

There would probably be some legality issues if they allowed players to smoke and play. If anything happened to a player and he was high or had THC in his system, the NCAA, NFL, etc. could possibly get sued.

I fail to understand what BUSINESS it is of ANYONE to dictate what you can and cannot put in your body. This tired assed old morality needs to be taken out to sea and tossed overboard.

I fail to understand what BUSINESS it is of ANYONE to dictate what you can and cannot put in your body. This tired assed old morality needs to be taken out to sea and tossed overboard.

You think college football players should be allowed to drink, smoke, snort, shoot up and or swallow whatever and whenever they want?

They can do that. But if they do they will not play football, nor will then get a job at most places in the US.

What ever policy should be adopted, should come from the schools. Every school Pres. or what ever should adopt the same thing... Don't involve the NCAA, do it at the school level. At there big national pow wow hash it out and ALL adopt same thing. Now to inforce... Wait!!! Is this not the job of the of the NCAA? O well, guess we'll just muddle along.

Even if they legalize it. It'll probably still be tested for because just like alcohol, you can't show up to work drunk...

There would probably be some legality issues if they allowed players to smoke and play. If anything happened to a player and he was high or had THC in his system, the NCAA, NFL, etc. could possibly get sued.

Both tend to slow reactions in a person and impair their judgment. Football is a dangerous sport - one where someone can get sustain a life threatening / changing injury.

I could seen all those you named plus the guilty party getting sued just like a drunk driver will be sued if they hit and kill or seriously injure someone.

IMO, this has more to do with being responsible - if a person can't exhibit the control needed to participate in a college sport - they will more than likely not be able to exhibit the control needed to hold a job in this society.

You think college football players should be allowed to drink, smoke, snort, shoot up and or swallow whatever and whenever they want?

I think there two issues here.

1: The view from the government standpoint.
2: The view of private institution, business, college, etc..

IMO, if you are of an adult age it's no business of the GOVERNMENT what you put into your body. That being said, there are and should be consequences for irresponsible usage.

In the case of a college providing a scholarship to an athlete, I have no problem with said college having certain 'expectations' being satisfied when in comes to honoring the scholarship.

Fwiw, I consider 'adult age' to be the age at which you must sign up for selective service and possibly be drafted, shot at and DIE in defense of your country... That, again IMO, is the age where all should be able to drink, smoke, drive, buy a gun (pistol or rifle), vote, etc...

That's not the point. The point is, is that it is none of yours, or my business. The drug laws are pretty much all racist in origin anyway, and besides, why should you even care?

Marijuana is not a dangerous gateway drug. And im sorry to be rude but making anytjing under an ounce felony with mandatory prison sentences is about the dumbest thing ive heard and you clearly have no knowledge of the effect on our prison system. Believe as you wish, thank God the majority of the country thinks otherwise.

Would you please show some medical studies to substantiate your opinion?

Thanks.

Would you please show some medical studies to substantiate your opinion?

Thanks.

Medical study to show what? Im didnt comment on medical effects. The "gateway drug" thing is a psychological effect, if you believe it exist which i dont. The "felony/ prison" statement is a legal opinion.

IMO, the folks opposed to legalizing marijuana are running out of rationale to support there position. To me, the fall in two groups. The first are government type folks that understand they will have a difficult time taxing it like they do cigarettes. The other are the "drugs are bad uhmkay" folks that has had government programs and commerical beat in their head so much that they cant possibly see it any other way.

I am not for legalizing any other drug except marijuana. It is less dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes. It now has proven medical uses. Enforcement cost far more than what it is worth with no effect on the amount of people using it. It is a natural substance that has a vast array of uses.

I did smoke it a bit as a teen. Havent smoked it in over 23 years and never will again. But if others want to, then rock out.

Reactions: 3 people
Medical study to show what? Im didnt comment on medical effects. The "gateway drug" thing is a psychological effect, if you believe it exist which i dont. The "felony/ prison" statement is a legal opinion.

IMO, the folks opposed to legalizing marijuana are running out of rationale to support there position. To me, the fall in two groups. The first are government type folks that understand they will have a difficult time taxing it like they do cigarettes. The other are the "drugs are bad uhmkay" folks that has had government programs and commerical beat in their head so much that they cant possibly see it any other way.

I am not for legalizing any other drug except marijuana. It is less dangerous than alcohol or cigarettes. It now has proven medical uses. Enforcement cost far more than what it is worth with no effect on the amount of people using it. It is a natural substance that has a vast array of uses.

I did smoke it a bit as a teen. Havent smoked it in over 23 years and never will again. But if others want to, then rock out.

My God man! With this kind of thinking our defense will never stop playing too high!

In all seriousness, I agree with everything you've said.

"Gateway drug"

I didn't know there were people that still believe that garbage. Maybe they need to test for soda pop as well, we all know alcoholics started with a bottle of soda pop.

Alcohol is the ultimate gateway drug and I speak this from experience, not just my own but through work with alcoholics and addicts. Rarely have I seen a drug addict relapse on his drug of choice without first imbibing in alcohol.

That's not the point. The point is, is that it is none of yours, or my business. The drug laws are pretty much all racist in origin anyway, and besides, why should you even care?

That's correct. None of my business.

Its a message board. We discuss our opinions on things whether they are Our business or not. My opinion is if I had a son playing big time college football, I wouldn't want him playing with or against anyone under the influence of drugs and or alcohol.

Drug laws are racist?

VN Store

Back