Jefferson
Sapp
Ordway
Martin/Brazil
McGraw
Richmond
Phillips

And we lose a commit or 2. JMO

Bout what I had. I'd say we already know of one that won't make it, and I would guess another 2 or 3 will go elsewhere or not qualify as well. Happens every year.

Can we finish off the dream class with:

Khalil McKenzie
Tim Settle
Josh Sweat
Drew Richmond
Ricky DeBerry
Torrance Gibson
Rico McGraw
DJ Jones

???

It would be a great finish for this class. I heard that were not recruiting Gibson no more. I think I remember reading somewhere that the kid had some issues. That's probably why we and Ohio St have layed off him

We finish with...

McKenzie
Tuttle
Jefferson
Sapp
Ordway
Martin/Brazil
McGraw
Richmond
Phillips

That's pretty much how I see it finishing right now. I'll throw the ole Bruin percentages on it just for fun and discussion.

McKenzie - 99.99%
Ordway - 95%
Sapp - 80%
Jefferson - 75%
Martin - 75%
Phillips - 70%
Tuttle - 60%
McGraw - 55%
Richmond - 50%

Reactions: 2 people
We finish with...

McKenzie
Tuttle
Jefferson
Sapp
Ordway
Martin/Brazil
McGraw
Richmond
Phillips

I think we have to take another OL besides Richmond. We have averaged just over 2 OL a year the past 4 years not counting Robertson and Mosley cause they could be DL. Plus possibly having a freshmen and walk on starting at the tackles. I'd trade out Martin/Brazil for one of the other OL prospects.

The question is if we have a lackluster defense this year will Butch Jones make the move and hire a new DC and other defense staff? If so it could affect many of our '15 Defense recruits.

The question is if we have a lackluster defense this year will Butch Jones make the move and hire a new DC and other defense staff? If so it could affect many of our '15 Defense recruits.

I totally disagree with this. The defensive struggles are due to lack of depth, experience and talent. With 3-4 games under their belt, the defensive class of 2014 will make a positive impact on the defense. The line will be the slowest to show their quality, but it will come.

Reactions: 4 people
Yeah, I don't see any way that CBJ does much staff shake up no matter how this season plays out. He's been with most of these guys quite a while. Much the same way fans say it takes time to turn a roster over, the staff plays into that. IF CBJ were to make any moves, IMO it would not be till after the 2015 season. I fully expect to see a better overall product on the field this year. Talk of staff changes IMO is very premature.

Reactions: 4 people
Most think that VT lead for him. He's a longshot. If he decides to play in the SEC he'll choose us.

Thanks for the answer, and not any BS about checking other threads and such.
That said, why would anyone go to VT right now, the ACC is a lesser Conf. (outside FSU), Beamer is really struggling, the team doesn't seem to be improving, and Blacksburg for 4 years seems like a "sentence" not a choice at this point. Any idea why J. Sweat likes VT ?

Are there particular kids who we should be worried about flipping on NSD or before EE enrollment? Or is the chatter about losing commitments just based on "what always happen"? Just curious.

Thanks for the answer, and not any BS about checking other threads and such.
That said, why would anyone go to VT right now, the ACC is a lesser Conf. (outside FSU), Beamer is really struggling, the team doesn't seem to be improving, and Blacksburg for 4 years seems like a "sentence" not a choice at this point. Any idea why J. Sweat likes VT ?

No problem. I think the main reason is they are in state. He plays it close to the chest and doesn't give out much info. I wouldn't count Butch out though. Hopefully we can get him.

VN Store

Back