Dr Jekyll

CHW and the LVs just doing the rope-a-dope this year - got the whole NCAAW right where they want them.

The "Jekyll and Hyde" characteristic of this team is due to insufficient coaching. With good coaching the LV's won-loss record would have been 29-0 or 28-1 instead of 19-10.
29-0 or 28-1 may be just a little over the top. I do agree with the first sentence thou.

Reactions: 1 person
Since I never played on a sports team while in college, I cannot imagine how difficult it is for college athletes to juggle school, practices, and the actual games. The LV's work ethic may be good, but who knows how worn out mentally and/or physically they are when game time rolls around. This, plus the fact a short bench is requiring a number of them to play many minutes each game, may be the cause of their inconsistent play.

"work load" What makes this teams work load any different than any other group we have hade? Not a good argument to me. "short bench" This could have some effect, but have they been tired from the start of season?
For me, inconsistent play goes back to coaching short comings. Motivation and consist play are couching responsibilities.

Farrrrrrrrrrrr Holly...send her FaRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, FaRRRRRRRRRRR away! Team has beaten ALL 4 teams ranked ABOVE them in SEC Tournament bracket....and LOST to 5 teams ranked BELOW them in the tournament bracket! She can't get them motivated to play the bottom feeders in the confererence...coaching is flawed...not the talent!

Or maybe they aren't talented and she knows how to out coach the best in the country? :crazy:

Or maybe they aren't talented and she knows how to out coach the best in the country? :crazy:

Seriously? I don't think you really believe what you just said...Diamond is the projected number 1 pick in the next WNBA draft...and Mercedes is number 7...it's the straw that stirs the mix...not the mix itself.

I thought we had a little attitude last night. (I think there are probably 2-3 players who have it all the time, and are ready to call on it, but they don't usually play much). I don't want anyone being coarse, but being strong and fearless and tough and not playing scared can go a long way in being successful in sports and life. Our young women played a good game!

OK You guys are right I am wrong Sorry!

Bill, I don't think anyone disputes the importance of coaching, at least I don't. I do think the players respect Holly. It makes little sense to me that they would remain in the program 3 and 4 years and nobody leave if they didn't at least somewhat respect her.

I also disagree with the oft-repeated notion of others that it's the coaches responsibility to motivate the players. My life experiences have taught me the exact opposite - person 'A' cannot motivate person 'B' unless person 'B' is receptive to being motivated in the first place. If it is true that the players don't respect Holly, then she cannot possibly motivate them IMO. If they do respect her, then that respect is the catalyst for their own self-motivation.

Whatever problems ail this team - I think it has nothing to do with the players respect for the coaches. It appears to me to be more a combination of a lack of preparation by the players, lack of attention to detail by both players and coaches, an inability to install and teach an effective offense and defense (coaching), an inability to manage game situations (timeouts, substitutions, etc..), and lack of mental concentration or focus by the players.

As a disclosure, I did not see any of the last three games - MSU, Florida, or Arkansas.

LVJ - Thank you for your post.... I appreciate and respect your words here as I do others who post.... Yes I have opinions like everyone else, and love the game of basketball, having coached before ... albeit at the high school.... What I said was mere opinion.... and I was more than happy to retract when I saw the swell of opposition. I am not tied into being right.... Sometimes I should just read and appreciate what everyone says, as I do, without adding fuel to any potential fire. Thank you again for your response.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back