Dormady Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
no matter who the QB is, we need a strong O Line, that is an area we need drastic improvement...along with firing Debord!!!!

He may very well transfer but not before he tries to win the starting job from Guarantano and Jones next spring. It would make no sense to sit behind Dobbs for two years only to transfer before he gets that opportunity.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't have anything to back up my theory but here it is :
It was never in jones's mind that QD would be the next starting QB.
Why do I think this? He wouldn't be going in the game at garbage time the last 2 years he would redshirt , like 2 years ago peterman would get the garbage time and the future (Dobbs ) would have not played if not for Worley getting hurt!

I don't think a second string would get redshirted. I also wouldn't put in third string in garbage time, that's when you get second string on field experience even if it's just hanging off.

I don't think a second string would get redshirted. I also wouldn't put in third string in garbage time, that's when you get second string on field experience even if it's just hanging off.

You do remember Pertermam ! He got the same kind of playing time as QD has.
Started the Bama game played the first 3 and out and Dobbs took over.

Reactions: 1 person
You do remember Pertermam ! He got the same kind of playing time as QD has.
Started the Bama game played the first 3 and out and Dobbs took over.

As we all know, Peterman is the starting q.b for Pitt. He played good last season and for some reason, Pitt is a featured game on t.v. here in Nashville. So, I see Pitt play every Saturday morning.
Peterman is much better than he was while here. Might even be a free agent in the NFL.

Reactions: 3 people
I heard that he and Hurd are moving to TE.

The funny thing about the Hurd to te "joke" is that he really could be a game changing te. First round potential. He's just not ever going to explosive enough at rb. Especially with the scheme we run. He's a step slower getting going that most rbs and he's absolutely incapable of making the first man miss

Relax folks...he's a smart kid...he will work through spring ball. If after spring ball he thinks he's not going to see the field then he might...but that's the nature of college football these days...we got Kamara because he was the 4th back in his class. Granted, that was in part to some injuries he had during his initial fall campaign, but he found himself pretty far down the depth chart and transferred out...

With Jones and Guarantano also competing for the job, I think we will have good talent playing QB next year regardless if one transfers out...of course I would rather all three stay

Exactly because he also still has a redshirt year left allows him time to transfer

Dormady is a chad Kelly sitting on the sidelines for UT. You guys realize that right? Peterman turned out to be a pretty good QB after all. I have heard JG can throw a ball pretty good. Heres hoping that's true. So ready to get over high school ball in college.

Dormady got some playing time against O Bama and he even was allowed to throw the ball. My opinion is that the job is his to lose during spring practice and during fall practice.
He has the weapons at receiver to succeed but needs more time from the O-line.
I would rather have a pro style passer any day of the week IF that pro style passer can really throw the ball.....and not be an incompletion or interception king.
A pro style passer can give you 20 or 30 yards per play but a running q.b. usually throws above average and is not that accurate. A running q.b. will run for the first down and in doing so will risk injury and keeps the clock running rather than throwing the ball and getting more yardage and stopping the clock and avoiding unnecessary hits.

Even the long throw he threw should have been picked off, the defender fell and the receiver had to come back because it was under thrown. The other throws didn't look that great either. 2 of them would have been picked off against there 1st team defense.

I don't have anything to back up my theory but here it is :
It was never in jones's mind that QD would be the next starting QB.
Why do I think this? He wouldn't be going in the game at garbage time the last 2 years he would redshirt , like 2 years ago peterman would get the garbage time and the future (Dobbs ) would have not played if not for Worley getting hurt!

Wow!!! I said this before he ever enrolled here. Dormady is talented but he was a roster filler at a position in need of bodies, nothing more.

Last edited:
Bunch of people reading Butch's mind and trying to take credit up in here. :lol:

Dormandy only had two passing plays on Saturday but, he looked like a true QB. He kept his eyes downfield, made very quick reads, and found an open receiver. Tennessee has lived and died by Dobbs, but the downfield threat is not really there and every defense we play knows this. I think we might a more consistent offense with a QB who can get rid of the ball faster and likely more consistently hitting receivers. It's an unfortunate situation for QD that Dobbs has pulled off enough runs and clutch passes to keep him in the starting role. As far as a true QB, field general, or "CEO", I'm certainly wondering if QD might be the better choice.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back