Dooley has been fired (unconfirmed)

They should have canned his a$$ at the end of regulation yesterday, prior to overtime. I was pulling for him, I like all of his quips and one-liners, but enough is enough.

Been told by someone on the team that the team met with members of the board of trustees who told them Dooley would not return next year.. Dooley then thanked the team and wished he could have taken them to where he thought he could, and was grateful for his opportunity to try to do something special here. Said he wishes them the best and that he'll always be a VFL..

Sounds legit, I hope it is!

What is going on?

All of it.

tumblr_m85d8sM7ZK1qmht0l.gif

I just talked to Dave Hart and he feels that it is best to go ahead and give Derek one more year. I hope that you can all join with me in supporting this decision. I think that next year, we will see an improved product on the field which will hopefully be able to achieve our goal of winning fifty percent of our football games.

Reactions: 1 person
Three wasted years, but at least it's finally about to be over. Gotta hand it to the homers though, they stayed with the incompetent coach to the very bitter end.

I just talked to Dave Hart and he feels that it is best to go ahead and give Derek one more year. I hope that you can all join with me in supporting this decision. I think that next year, we will see an improved product on the field which will hopefully be able to achieve our goal of winning fifty percent of our football games.

Not funny. I liked your last aviator better.

He just needs more time...

I mean I've wanted to agree that he needs more time all year but after seeing the way he handled the end of the game with 2 timeouts and 40 seconds it's like come on. That was a ridiculous decision.. I just don't think he's the right guy for us.. Honestly I hope we go after a proven guy in college like a Chris Peterson. I just don't see gruden turning us back into a powerhouse because he was an average coach in the nfl I mean he won with Tampa his first year with what tony dungy left him, but I think it would be a lot harder for him to come in and do the same here. Plus his winning record isn't that high

Reactions: 3 people
Been told by someone on the team that the team met with members of the board of trustees who told them Dooley would not return next year.. Dooley then thanked the team and wished he could have taken them to where he thought he could, and was grateful for his opportunity to try to do something special here. Said he wishes them the best and that he'll always be a VFL..

Dooley says he is a VFL ? Now I am a bit skeptical

VN Store

Back