Don't like the field? Others Do

I love the way our field looks. Some game days the T looks a little faded. But overall I am very proud of the way our field looks and is presented.

I took my son to Neyland two years ago on Thanksgiving Day and we were able to walk right on the field, it was absolutely beautiful.

It looked miserable during the Arkansas State game. I went back and watched it on the DVR recently and they really cut the budget for that one.

Reactions: 1 person
They selected it because of the checkerboard endzones. My opinion is that if it was based on the quality of the turf, we wouldn't have made it.

Reactions: 3 people
They selected it because of the checkerboard endzones. My opinion is that if it was based on the quality of the turf, we wouldn't have made it.

I think you're right, but the turf looked the best that it has in a long time for the spring game. I think the grow lights are working.

I think the writer chose precisely the right word: iconic. Every college football fan in the US knows what orange and white checkerboards stand for ... like Michigan's winged helmets or a painted Seminole indian throwing a burning spear into the turf at FSU. Simply iconic at a national level.

I may be guilty of taking that for granted from time to time. Not today. Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
It's nice to hear the announcers say during a game how glad they are that we use real grass too and how every player should have grass stains on their uniform. Always like hearing that.

Reactions: 2 people
I've always loved our natural grass field. Last yr I made a post on here grass vs field turf and I couldn't believe how many said they wish we would go with field turf. There's nothing better than our Vols on a fall Saturday playing on real grass!

Reactions: 2 people
I've always loved our natural grass field. Last yr I made a post on here grass vs field turf and I couldn't believe how many said they wish we would go with field turf. There's nothing better than our Vols on a fall Saturday playing on real grass!

100% agree.

Is that diagonal pattern in the grass something new? Will that be what the field looks like every day on game day this year?

The way it was cut at the spring game, I initially thot they had installed turf. Had to look hard from @ 20 rows up to make sure. Keep it up guys.

Along these same lines, I wonder what the UCLA & USCs in Cali are going to face this summer if the water embargo continues.

VN Store

Back