Dolby Atmos Movies

TN404

Let's start a list of great Atmos movies. I just setup a 5.1.4 theater and started with:
Top Gun Maverick
Dune 2
Both were excellent and I am not a sci-fi person at all.

When I first got my home theater set up, Thor Ragnarok had just come out, and a couple of scenes in that movie hit so hard. The scene where they leave the planet in Goldblum's party ship and also the fight on the bridge at the end with Immigrant Song. As much fun as you'll have watching a movie.

Interstellar

For a kids movie, Kubo is awesome. Especially at the end with the cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Mad Max: Fury Road

Tron: Legacy

Heat (probably the coolest sounding gun fights in movie history?)

Let's start a list of great Atmos movies. I just setup a 5.1.4 theater and started with:
Top Gun Maverick
Dune 2
Both were excellent and I am not a sci-fi person at all.
You started with two bangers, fo sho. The score of Dune P2 was outstanding.

I like this thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has splurged on home entertainment.
Definitely not. I've been a hifi guy since the days of the old Statement Audio down by west town. I would have never dreamed that you could have a setup like mine now for such a fraction of what stuff cost back then.

110" acoustically-transparent screen
Sony 3D high res projector
Custom in-wall speakers and surrounds
Paradigm sub
Denon receiver/amp

Polk outdoor speakers running on Zone B by the pool

Denon Heos wireless whole home audio

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
I am fortunate to have a buddy in Nashville that I went to UT with who is a sound engineer and Paradigm dealer. We went with Paradigm CI-Homes x 9, a Definitive DN12 sub and Pioneer VLX-LX305 9 channel, plus 4 more in ceiling stereo Paradigms for music. I was finishing my basement so ran all 16/2 in the walls. I was just going to throw a few JBLs in the ceiling for music until he got ahold of me :) Next step will be to run a zone to the backyard and house but I am out of money for now!

I am fortunate to have a buddy in Nashville that I went to UT with who is a sound engineer and Paradigm dealer. We went with Paradigm CI-Homes x 9, a Definitive DN12 sub and Pioneer VLX-LX305 9 channel, plus 4 more in ceiling stereo Paradigms for music. I was finishing my basement so ran all 16/2 in the walls. I was just going to throw a few JBLs in the ceiling for music until he got ahold of me :) Next step will be to run a zone to the backyard and house but I am out of money for now!
I've been a Paradigm fan since high school. I still have a couple of old Titans and Phantoms. My theater installer uses a proprietary brand for his in-walls that sounds incredible, but I honestly don't even remember the brand name.

Sounds like you have a sweet setup!

Reactions: TN404
My setup is modest but it's awesome and the sound fills up the space. It was pre-wired when I moved in. Bought a Dennon tuner, some random Sony woofer and my buddy was moving and sold me his lightly used Klipsch speaker set cheap. I think I was into it under $600 and I've had $10k worth of fun with it.

My biggest complaint is the kids are 3 and 5 and not very many opportunities to watch Sicario with it cranked up as loud as I want.

Ok, I will keep adding as I discover these. Mad Max, Fury Road might be the best so far. So much bass and sound movement - up down and around.

The most technically stunning movie of all time, IMO. Forget about the stunts and action...the scenery and the way the colors jump off the screen, combined with the score and sound fx are enough to rope me in.

VN Store

Back