Does ESPN even try?

Recruiting rankings stopped mattering much to me around the time Daniel Brooks and Chris Donald were recruited to the Vols.

I'd suggest trying it sometime.

There's always exceptions. Some 5 *s will bust and some 2/3 *s will become NFL pro bowlers. But overall, I'd take a team chock full of 4/5 *s over a team loaded with 2/3 *s any day.

Well, while it does seem ESPN is not exactly keeping pace with 247, they are a good check and balance
to Scout and Rivals.

And its hard to complain when they have UT with 17 four* recruits in this class. The rest is just semantics.
They have valuable analysis and scouting reports you dont get with other services, you might not always agree
but in many cases its just splitting hairs.

Logic kills, dude.

Let's see, Bristol is where again? Pretty much a suburb of New York. Not surprising.

They can try to hype Fsu as much as they want but that program is taking a serious nosedive come 2015 after that performance

Sorry, but I doubt that will happen. FSU probably won't be as good as they have been the past couple of years, but they won't be taking any nosedive. Living near Orlando (behind enemy lines), I keep up with all the Florida schools and, trust me, FSU has plenty of talent heading to Tallahassee.

ESPN is pretty much the worst of all the recruiting services. I don't think they even try that hard because they know everyone is reading 247, Scout, and Rivals.

one of those things where they do it only because they're basically obligated to do so

It's all about developing the players and if the player develops and gets better. There are tons of nfl players from small schools and weren't highly recruited. Rather have talented guys that are hungry and want to improve.

No offense but I seriously doubt you have any clue what guys like K Mac and Phillips should be ranked vs other top players that you likely can't even name :p

I like Phillips and he tore up the competition at his All Star game. But there's no guarantee that he will be physically strong enough to make an immediate impact at DE.

McKenzie otoh is an absolute freak. He's already got an NFL body coming out of HS. The only minor question is if he will be able to get into a state of physical shape satisfactory to Jones before August... and he probably can.

I almost always argue against people who want to believe a Freshman will have immediate impact much less be dominant. KM has the potential to do both.

Reactions: 1 person
I think most of us now days like to see UT high in the rankings, but just observing posts and my own habits we look at the offer sheet and rank em ourselves.
I think ESPN is more guilty of being lazy than anti SEC.

VN Store

Back