Does Edey cheat?

Edey is going to get his points. Tennessee guards need to keep pressure on Purdue guards like they did against Creighton. I mean ZZ took the Creighton guard Ashworth out of the game. Creighton had another guy bringing the ball up the court.

Agree with this. Killer runs are caused by stringing together made 3's, not by 2's out of the half court game. Chase them off the 3-pt. line, let Edey have his 25, and compete like we did last night, and we win tomorrow.

Somehow we need to make his set-up farther out on the blocks.Then the refs will have to see and call all the hooked elbows and blatent pushing back against men guarding him.But,in any case,do not let another Purdue player free to score while trying to shut out Edey.

under, when I have seen it called once this season. If they call it in the first 5 minutes it will get into his head.
I’m saying against us. Not against them. Seems like when other teams walk or foul, it usually gets called on us worse. I figure it will be the same way with 3 second calls.

Edey is just a behemoth. He's not very skilled.

Along with the 3-second violations, he plows through defenders (primarily with his left Arm/shoulder) to create separation.

Never called
If he was playing for the Vols, I imagine we'd think he's plenty skilled.

Reactions: Raebo
If we were playing Edey at TBA, I'd ask the student section to, as soon as he touched the paint, begin shouting in unison, "One thousand one... one thousand two... one thousand three... one thou-" ad nauseum.

Not that the refs would be paying any attention to the crowd, but if you can get the announcers to acknowledge it, the people who protect the game and oversee it's presentation would eventually be embarrassed into making a call to the zebra cage during halftime.

Barnes could also have Aidoo or Awaka stay in the paint on a play until they're forced to call it, to... you know, set the precedent and break the ice on the whistle.

I think refs really do have too much to watch for already, and if they could make a couple of 3-second calls early in the game to "set the expectations," they might not have to revisit it and be free to focus on missing other calls.

If we were playing Edey at TBA, I'd ask the student section to, as soon as he touched the paint, begin shouting in unison, "One thousand one... one thousand two... one thousand three... one thou-" ad nauseum.

Not that the refs would be paying any attention to the crowd, but if you can get the announcers to acknowledge it, the people who protect the game and oversee it's presentation would eventually be embarrassed into making a call to the zebra cage during halftime.

Barnes could also have Aidoo or Awaka stay in the paint on a play until they're forced to call it, to... you know, set the precedent and break the ice on the whistle.

I think refs really do have too much to watch for already, and if they could make a couple of 3-second calls early in the game to "set the expectations," they might not have to revisit it and be free to focus on missing other calls.
Like it.. with No Camping signs everywhere

Reactions: BruisedOrange
They stopped inforcing the three second rule years ago. Awaka would get his share of three second calls too if they suddenly put an emphasis on calling it.
Palming, double dribble, walking, and 3 second calls is bad for TV entertainment.

Here is the problem, if a player moves to get out of the lane then the 3 second rule starts over? In one of the tournament games Edey in the middle of the lane moves to the left side and stands there with one foot in the lane.

The ref is not going to call it because 1) he is watching the action, 2) He is not counting and resetting the 3 sec clock because in watching the action he has no idea if the player move his foot out or not. Edey will keep most of the time a heel in the lane.

Here is the problem, if a player moves to get out of the lane then the 3 second rule starts over? In one of the tournament games Edey in the middle of the lane moves to the left side and stands there with one foot in the lane.

The ref is not going to call it because 1) he is watching the action, 2) He is not counting and resetting the 3 sec clock because in watching the action he has no idea if the player move his foot out or not. Edey will keep most of the time a heel in the lane.

Yes, if you move out of the lane, and then back in, the 3 second count starts over. Also, if you have one foot out and one foot in the lane, the ref doesn’t count.

Honestly, I never think a ref is counting. I think they only call it if they notice a player is standing in the lane for a long time without moving. There are so many times when an offensive player with the ball is scrambling, looking for someone to pass to while in the lane for much longer than 3 seconds, and it’s usually never called. It’s awful how the rule is hardly ever enforced.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Yes, if you move out of the lane, and then back in, the 3 second count starts over. Also, if you have one foot out and one foot in the lane, the ref doesn’t count.

Honestly, I never think a ref is counting. I think they only call it if they notice a player is standing in the lane for a long time without moving. There are so many times when an offensive player with the ball is scrambling, looking for someone to pass to while in the lane for much longer than 3 seconds, and it’s usually never called. It’s awful how the rule is hardly ever enforced.
I will tell you this prior to 1986 before the clock rule 3 second violation was called a lot. especially in the 4 corners days with final scores of 37 to 35 etc...The refs got bored and were looking for something to call. Remember when Tennessee beat Temple 11 to 6 in the Xmas tournament 1973. Temple knew they couldn't win so just froze the ball the whole game until final whistles. You talk about boring.

Reactions: KoachKrab127

VN Store

Back