Does CBJ still recruit for Cincy?

Don't get caught up in star gazing. Player development is where it's at. Honestly....there's not a lot of difference between a 3,4, and 5 star guy. I know many of you disagree but it's the truth. I am a high school coach and I've seen countless stud atheletes from various programs that were not even ranked as 2 star guys. These recruiting services are getting rich off of "star gazing" fans.

Don't get caught up in star gazing. Player development is where it's at. Honestly....there's not a lot of difference between a 3,4, and 5 star guy. I know many of you disagree but it's the truth. I am a high school coach and I've seen countless stud atheletes from various programs that were not even ranked as 2 star guys. These recruiting services are getting rich off of "star gazing" fans.
3 stars have a lower cieling for development than 4s and 5s usually.

Al Wilson was one of the highest ranked players in the country. It came down to Tennessee and Nebraska for his services.

Al was recruited in 1995/96...the "star system" wasn't even in place. Players were labeled "blue chippers" if they were elite prospects. He did not carry that label out of high school. He had descent size but very average speed. What he did have was unmeasurable heart and leadership ability that he carried throughout college and his NFL career. I may be wrong, but I don't think this year's heisman winner was a 5 star stud according to the recruiting services.......I mean "experts"!!!

I quit coaching a few years ago. Was coach at plesant valley and Jacksonville HS in bama. Before its said I quit to take a very good federal job almost tripled my salary. Coaching is hard on your body man. Not worth stress based on pay.

I quit coaching a few years ago. Was coach at plesant valley and Jacksonville HS in bama. Before its said I quit to take a very good federal job almost tripled my salary. Coaching is hard on your body man. Not worth stress based on pay.

You call it getting paid? The pay vs. hours is ridiculous

After i quit man I got to tell you it's wonderful! Come home no stress, can actually relax. Don't have parents lie to my face about what I know there kids are doing. I really miss Friday night's calling plays though!

After i quit man I got to tell you it's wonderful! Come home no stress, can actually relax. Don't have parents lie to my face about what I know there kids are doing. I really miss Friday night's calling plays though!

Weekends are shot too. So is summer.

Yes they are camps for extra $ clinics to meet and greet and swap ideas. I don't think most people really understand how hard a coach especially a hs coach has it!

Nothing sux more too than having to make that am run Saturday morning to swap tape and still have to make it back before players show up that morning for the trainer to check em' I got where I didn't even care to watch Saturday Fb. Can you watch Saturday games? Or like me still agonizing over a few bad play calls? Win or loose I did.

Nothing sux more too than having to make that am run Saturday morning to swap tape and still have to make it back before players show up that morning for the trainer to check em' I got where I didn't even care to watch Saturday Fb. Can you watch Saturday games? Or like me still agonizing over a few bad play calls? Win or loose I did.

Film can be disgusting. It made it hard for me to get as fired up over anything except maybe watching UT.

Please tell me 7 wins next year? Not being a jerk I want to know? Remember what Tennessee looses next year in talent.

loooooooses*** Remember the difference between lose and loose? Lose is the word for losing a game, or losing something. Loose is when something is not a tight fit. The shoe lace was loose. You are welcome.

VN Store

Back