Does anyone else here have Crohn's?

Orange Blazer

You serious Clark?
First off, my apologies for TMI.

I've been on the same medicine for 4 years, Pentasa, and over the last 6 months I go from flare up to constipated weekly. Also, worst gas of my life as well. Anyone experience this?

My brother has it. He had a really rough 7 months after 3 good years. In October he started eating pretty clean and walking 1-2 miles/day and everything regulated. In November he went to his gastro and was told that there's no research to date, but a lot of gastros are seeing patients who walk for exercise everyday are reporting a great decrease in symptoms.

I know that's no help, but may be worth looking in too. There is no such correlation between decrease in symptoms and running.

Reactions: 1 person
One of my buddies found out he had it while deployed to Iraq. Wasn't fun

U should look into probiotics that specifically treat those types of issues. Can't hurt.

A friend of mine has it really bad. She has been hospitalized a few times and has had a large amount of her intestines removed.

Two of my employees have it. I've joked that I may just move a desk and computer into the restroom so they can get some work done. Seems like a terribly frustrating thing to deal with everyday. One went on a new medicine this past year and it seemed like he had a strange odor about him for the longest time. And I think the medicine caused a bright yellow staining of the toilet bowl. I feel bad for them and never give them a hard time about it. Gotta be miserable.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Two of my employees have it. I've joked that I may just move a desk and computer into the restroom so they can get some work done. Seems like a terribly frustrating thing to deal with everyday. One went on a new medicine this past year and it seemed like he had a strange odor about him for the longest time. And I think the medicine caused a bright yellow staining of the toilet bowl. I feel bad for them and never give them a hard time about it. Gotta be miserable.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'm in outside sales and travel a lot. I keep wipes and TP in my trunk. When I get the urge, I have 5 minutes tops to find a restroom.

Two of my employees have it. I've joked that I may just move a desk and computer into the restroom so they can get some work done. Seems like a terribly frustrating thing to deal with everyday. One went on a new medicine this past year and it seemed like he had a strange odor about him for the longest time. And I think the medicine caused a bright yellow staining of the toilet bowl. I feel bad for them and never give them a hard time about it.Gotta be miserable.
Makes cents

Serious stuff that Crohns. My friends cousin has struggled with it for years now and unfortunately its turned into stage 4 cancer for her. She doesn't want to do chemo so I told my friend she should hang out with her cousin while she can.

First off, my apologies for TMI.

I've been on the same medicine for 4 years, Pentasa, and over the last 6 months I go from flare up to constipated weekly. Also, worst gas of my life as well. Anyone experience this?

I read about this actress that was recently diagnosed with Crohn's and she is doing only meal replacement shakes for 6 weeks to let her stomach rest and heal.

best of luck with your struggle with it Orange Blazer,I haven't been around anybody with it

I have lost 13 inches so far. I have been on Remicade for almost 2 years now, its supposed to be the wonder drug.

VN Store

Back