Dobbs worked with the 1s today!

Dobbs won't save our team if he can't get time to set his feet.

But he is more elusive...

And I enjoyed watching him grow last year.

Reactions: 4 people
Just heard on the Radio that Josh Dobbs got extensive work with the 1st team today. Wonder what CBJ has up his sleeve....hmmmmmmm

So was there anything about how he did?

This whole dang thread is just the usual ya-ya-ya. :banghead2:

Reactions: 2 people
The 1st team is never used to simulate a team or QB...its the scout team. If Dobbs is running the first team CBJ must have something up his sleeve?

So good that he won the starting, backup, and backup's backup job. Oh wait.

Isn't it weird that Worley can consistently throw into heavy coverage and cost us game after game as a senior....while others bash Dobbs' freshman 1/2 season with limited targets. Is it his Eyebrows that bothers you?

Reactions: 14 people
Isn't it weird that people see Dobbs getting practice with first team when at the current moment, Butch hasn't necessarily said Worley's status and the other only other QB with first team reps is Peterman? Could it be that Worley may not be playing vs Bama and if worst comes to worst, Peterman gets hurt causing us to put in Dobbs? Oh I forgot, Dobbs is a balla that is going to murder every Bama defender at the site of him warming up. I forgot Dobbs doesn't need practice at all.

Reactions: 2 people
Isn't it weird that Worley can consistently throw into heavy coverage and cost us game after game as a senior....while others bash Dobbs' freshman 1/2 season with limited targets. Is it his Eyebrows that bothers you?

I don't hate Dobbs. If he plays, I hope he does well. But all the media talked about how he had a long way to go in camp and how he was the most inconsistent. I mean, if we're changing for the sake of changing, then why don't we let Wegzyn play, or my 3 year old nephew.

Reactions: 1 person
From my couch, I have thought that a two-QB system of Worley and Dobbs would have helped this year. Use Worley in passing situations. Bring in Dobbs for his rushing ability and have him pass enough to keep the defense from putting on a complete "shift" whenever he comes in.

Like I said, this strategy comes from my couch, so tifwiw.

Reactions: 5 people
There has been no mention of Dobbs practicing with the first team anywhere that I have seen/read. 247 live practice updates indicated that Worley did practice and did all the work with the first team, minus Thomas and Jackson was limited.

Isn't it weird that people see Dobbs getting practice with first team when at the current moment, Butch hasn't necessarily said Worley's status and the other only other QB with first team reps is Peterman? Could it be that Worley may not be playing vs Bama and if worst comes to worst, Peterman gets hurt causing us to put in Dobbs? Oh I forgot, Dobbs is a balla that is going to murder every Bama defender at the site of him warming up. I forgot Dobbs doesn't need practice at all.

How's you forget?...you're the only one who's said it.

If they put him in I will support him, but they will put him in because they have to. So lets get our heads together. If he takes the field it will be under very difficult circumstances and every vol deserves the opportunity to succeed. Like I said though, it was probably a supplemental practice in case they have to put him in.

There has been no mention of Dobbs practicing with the first team anywhere that I have seen/read. 247 live practice updates indicated that Worley did practice and did all the work with the first team, minus Thomas and Jackson was limited.

Peterman got more reps than usual today with first team. Tifwiw

I don't hate Dobbs. If he plays, I hope he does well. But all the media talked about how he had a long way to go in camp and how he was the most inconsistent. I mean, if we're changing for the sake of changing, then why don't we let Wegzyn play, or my 3 year old nephew.

Is that the same media that needs a tutorial on our offense?

Reactions: 3 people
my guess is they will start Peterman and have Dobbs on standby. I wouldn't doubt Worley is out. Makes sense.

I could see it going like the LSU game in 06. Ainge tested his ankle (which he was doubtful anyway) and wound up going out and Crompton came in. I could see Worley doing same from a standpoint of his throwing motion and comfort. Me personally would rather see Nate start with Worley being backup. Would love to see Nate have a sold out home crowd in a big game. We've seen what's happened when he has had 50K+ against him. I want to see what happens when he has 90K+ behind him.

Reactions: 1 person

If there is a change, it can't hurt us. Worley makes VERY bad decisions costing us games. He has lead feet, is banged up due to countless sacks.
I respect all of our QB's. Worley is a tough SOB. He is much improved, but if it takes us playing every QB on the roster to get us to a bowl game.....so be it....to hell with redshirts/feelings.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back