Dobbs vs SC defense

I don't put all that much faith in statistics, as I'm sure you don't either. However, the defenses Tennessee has played against (on average) are considerably better than the offenses South Carolina has faced.

The worst offense Tennessee has faced was Florida (#59). South Carolina has faced some pitiful defenses...Furman (worse than the last one listed at #124), Vanderbilt #122, and Missouri #68.

I believe Tennessee will score a lot of points. If the embarrassingly inept Vanderbilt can hang 34 points against you guys, the Vols offense will roll.

As a Vol fan, I am much more worried about the other side of the ball. While we do have a good defense, I think South Carolina's offense will put plenty of points on the board.

Vandy scored twice on kickoff returns and I agree about the numbers. Our defense is bad and you should score but I've noticed that teams with a pulse have managed to score in the 30's on you guys and our offense is playing at the highest level they have ever played. Maybe some of those points yall gave up were opposing teams special teams or defensive scores but I expect a great game. Hope for a great and injury free game. Safe travels to anyone travelling and ill be back win or lose after the game.

I think since USCe knows Dobbs is playing, they will really try to keep Dobbs in the pocket or keep a spy on him. I think Dobbs will need to win the game through the air. He will get some runs, but passing will be most important today.

I got it.
We'll put 10 men in the huddle and sneak a qb in on hutt 1

It may have been fools gold, but the UT offense looked like a completely different team after Dobbs came in last week, so I am not putting much stock in the offensive team stats for the season to date. I also think that a ground based attack is going to be better tonight in the expected weather conditions with 20 mph winds.

We had three offensive nuggets of encouragement last week:

1) Hurd 100%. A good rush keeps DL from pinning their ears back and beating up the QB. Hurd is also a very good blocker for a Young Buck.
2) Dobbs run/pass/distraction threat. He also seemed to be at least as accurate as Worley and quicker in his decision-making. As an example, he nailed Pig on a bubble screen so quickly that he was able to get 7 yards against a tough AL defense. With Worley on same play but slower developing, defenses react and the 7 yard gain becomes just a 2 yard gain.
3) Offensive line finally played a good game. Kendrick looks to be the man at LG. Kerbyson is so much better at guard and Gilliam is encouraging every lineman to step up their game.

Our offense looked competent and formidable with Dobbs at QB. I love the grit and determination of Worley. He has given his all for TN, but Dobbs ceiling is higher. I hate that we had to burn Dobb's redshirt and I equally hate that Worley is hurt. However, I think that the offense looks completely different with Dobbs, in a good way. Now that the redshirt is burned, he is out QB for the foreseeable future, IMO.

VN Store

Back