Dobbs is not the answer

If a freshman wins the starting job next season I will feel more confident about our team next year. Dobbs has serious accuracy issues that severely limits our offensive play calling. Buy in to Dobbs all you want but this board will be calling for him to be benched next season.

Um, I'm pretty sure our play calling is limited by the jailbreak that happens to our OL every snap. Hard to run an offense when you have to get rid of ball under 2 secs. I like that Dobbs can extend plays and make things happen.

Um, I'm pretty sure our play calling is limited by the jailbreak that happens to our OL every snap. Hard to run an offense when you have to get rid of ball under 2 secs. I like that Dobbs can extend plays and make things happen.

I agree that our offensive line is very bad, but if you think Dobbs will start picking defenses apart once he has time then you are mistaken. Dobbs is just flat out inaccurate. He may give us the best chance to win right now because he opens up the running game but thats not enough to compete in the sec next year. I have heard people bash our coaches for not starting Dobbs at the beginning of the year but he didn't win the job over Worley because he struggles to complete passes in practice.

It looks to me like a big part of the problem is they don't call plays which allow him to throw the ball down the field. The only thing I can assume is that he cannot throw accurately. However, I have viewed him make some nice throws. Can he not throw or will they not let him throw?

I should probably watch a replay to watch the routes, but maybe someone knows?

Last edited:
I was too my man. I've apologized to everyone here and spent a year away. I'd like to let it go and support Butch if it's ok with you.

Welcome back to the new and improved VN.
All questions and criticism of the staff and team will be met with attacks and cries of negavol!

Reactions: 1 person
As a junior poster I cannot start a post. I have a question not pertaining to this.
How come on the free post the Tennessean will post an article but you have to subscribe to read the flipping thing? Shouldn't it be accessible if it is supposed to be free. I find this irritating. Just wondering.

As a junior poster I cannot start a post. I have a question not pertaining to this.
How come on the free post the Tennessean will post an article but you have to subscribe to read the flipping thing? Shouldn't it be accessible if it is supposed to be free. I find this irritating. Just wondering.

I think They limit the number of articles you can view per month. Clear your cookies or use private browsing mode.

His throws have been horrible. He doesn't process the defense fast enough either.

Watch for 1 of the early enrolling freshman, to make a big push for PT next year.
Wow. For the first 3 games, he looks like the savior of this program....then all of a sudden, the Offensive line reverts back to form...getting beat with great regularity. You could see a regression in Worley's play, too. And it was all because the OL is experiencing record levels of suckage.

I didn't expect them to suck as bad against Vandy, but for some reason we ALWAYS seem to take it easy on Vandy, when everyone else doesn't. It's like they are our annoying little brother and we don't want to really lay into to them like we should.

This staff's No.1, No.2, No.3., and No.4 recruiting priority should be Offensive line. We need help there in the worst possible way. If we don't get that fixed by next season, we're going to be right back in the same position.

Welcome back to the new and improved VN.
All questions and criticism of the staff and team will be met with attacks and cries of negavol!
+1. They did for Dooley, too. Right up until the minute he was officially fired. The thing is, calling for the HC to be fired is one thing, but to point out glaring problems with a particular position group and wonder aloud if the position coach isn't cut out for the SEC, doesn't make one a NegaVol. We simply see a major problem with the OL and want to see it fixed...not overlooked.

Last edited:
Once they realized that Dobbs has doppler vision, the team doctors hired astrophysicists to fine tune his radar for the other 21 moving objects during a play. Progress was made early on, but they forgot to include the added objects known as game officials. Presently, a new doppler algorithm is being developed for Josh's microchip, and it is expected to ready for the bowl game. Accuracy will not be an issue.
You owe this team an apology.

Dobbs is the answer. He is 3-1 as a starter and is a huge part of why we are bowl eligible. The line didn't really get much better, the difference was Dobbs, but Crowder going down was a huge blow to what was already one of the worst offensive lines in the country. People seem to forget (or don't have a high enough football IQ to realize) that we managed to become bowl eligible with the only team in the country that had to replace every single starter on the offensive and defensive lines. Add to that the that, we played more true freshmen than any other team in the country. For those with the lower football IQ's, that means we also had the youngest team in the country. We were hit with major injuries or misfortune at key positions before the Missouri game and still had a chance to win against the SEC East champs. I agree that we should have been 8-4, but we were not. During the off season nearly everyone on VN said that they would be happy if the team showed improvement and made a bowl game. I do believe that those things happened. The future is very bright and all a lot of the posters on here can do is gripe. Smh...

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Dobbs is the answer. He is 3-1 as a starter and is a huge part of why we are bowl eligible. The line didn't really get much better, the difference was Dobbs, but Crowder going down was a huge blow to what was already one of the worst offensive lines in the country. People seem to forget (or don't have a high enough football IQ to realize) that we managed to become bowl eligible with the only team in the country that had to replace every single starter on the offensive and defensive lines. Add to that the that, we played more true freshmen than any other team in the country. For those with the lower football IQ's, that means we also had the youngest team in the country. We were hit with major injuries or misfortune at key positions before the Missouri game and still had a chance to win against the SEC East champs. I agree that we should have been 8-4, but we were not. During the off season nearly everyone on VN said that they would be happy if the team showed improvement and made a bowl game. I do believe that those things happened. The future is very bright and all a lot of the posters on here can do is gripe. Smh...
We would have been in contention for the SEC E, actually, if it weren't for such an abysmal OL.

I didn't read through all the post, so sorry if someone beat me to this. I like Dobbs, and though our Oline is the main issue, I'm not sure he is our future QB at this point. He got us to a bowl and for that he gets a pat on the back, but we need to see him moving forward at the position, not backtracking. That being said, I'd love to see CBJ go after Braxton Miller from Ohio State, who looks to be graduating, has a year of eligibility and can transfer to play immediately. Barrett and T. Gibson are their future young guns with Miller on the outside looking in. It would give us the ability to actually redshirt Dobbs (barring injury), give Dormady a year to learn, and give us a former Heisman hopeful at QB. Just a random thought that probably isn't going to happen, but hey, it's just as good of an idea as half the crap people say on here.

:rock:Why,why,why cant folks bash the OL coach and weight coach like they bash an innocent Josh Dobb's. As for Dobb's he's always been my choice but we got a QB coming in that the rest of you can plead his case next season. I just sit back and depend on CBJ for his decision. I thought 5-7 this year but more than happy with 6-6. Next year I look for 7 or more wins. CBJ is not building fires but he's slowly doing this right. He's just got to make those 7 wins next year.:hi::clapping:

:rock:Why,why,why cant folks bash the OL coach and weight coach like they bash an innocent Josh Dobb's. As for Dobb's he's always been my choice but we got a QB coming in that the rest of you can plead his case next season. I just sit back and depend on CBJ for his decision. I thought 5-7 this year but more than happy with 6-6. Next year I look for 7 or more wins. CBJ is not building fires but he's slowly doing this right. He's just got to make those 7 wins next year.:hi::clapping:

I'm not sure some of these morons around here can live with just 7 wins next year? We should be playing for the SEC championship game by year 3!! SMH

This place never fails.

On the contrary, it fails quite regularly....often in spectacular fashion. From heisman to not the answer in 2 weeks. No consideration to all the missing pieces around him. Incredible.

If a freshman wins the starting job next season I will feel more confident about our team next year. Dobbs has serious accuracy issues that severely limits our offensive play calling. Buy in to Dobbs all you want but this board will be calling for him to be benched next season.

Some on this board...the usual nuts. :glare:

His name is Josh Dobbs. The random apostrophe is optional, even discouraged in some grammatical circles.

On the upside, Dobbs doesn't have to be sensational if the defense improves as much next season as it did this.

Just throw it to the right colored shirts and we can win lots of games.

His throws have been horrible. He doesn't process the defense fast enough either.

Watch for 1 of the early enrolling freshman, to make a big push for PT next year.

He can run like a deer but couldn't hit my fat ass with a handful of rocks. Having 4 star receivers is useless if you have a QB like Dobbs.

I didn't read through all the post, so sorry if someone beat me to this. I like Dobbs, and though our Oline is the main issue, I'm not sure he is our future QB at this point. He got us to a bowl and for that he gets a pat on the back, but we need to see him moving forward at the position, not backtracking. That being said, I'd love to see CBJ go after Braxton Miller from Ohio State, who looks to be graduating, has a year of eligibility and can transfer to play immediately. Barrett and T. Gibson are their future young guns with Miller on the outside looking in. It would give us the ability to actually redshirt Dobbs (barring injury), give Dormady a year to learn, and give us a former Heisman hopeful at QB. Just a random thought that probably isn't going to happen, but hey, it's just as good of an idea as half the crap people say on here.

I kind of like this scenario.

What are the chances we pull in Braxton Miller though?

VN Store

Back