Dobbs is not the answer

There was a reason that Dobbs was 3rd on the depth chart to start the season. Yes, he has done some good things with his legs, but the last two games, defenses has begged him to throw, keying in on the fly sweep and the option keep.

It's not a hard concept.....if a team can't pass, they are one dimensional and the opposing defense can key in on the run. There was plenty of times tonight, that Dobbs had time, but was wildly inaccurate. Also, he didn't see wide open receivers. We all understand that problems at OL and I think Dobbs is the best option we have on the roster. Just like I think that some of the OL guys that started tonight are the best option on the roster.

Still doesn't make up for the fact, that I don't think Dobbs is the long term answer. I feel the same way about current lineman.

Clearly though, simple reasoning skills and reading comprehension, are not qualities that many of you have.

'S ok...you're smart enough for all of us. :unsure:

Looks really good. A bit deceiving in that the majority of his passes are out in the flatt on screens and swing passes. Look, even the most ardent Dobbs supporters (oddly enough I'm one) know that he has an accuracy problem. It hurt him last year and plagued him all through camp and pre season. One of the biggest reasons they wanted to red shirt him.

It seems to me the receivers at present were the backups to begin the season. They are not that good. A healthy north smith and croom will help. Hopefully Malone gets it together. Dobb's accuracy will improve and above all else, the kid us a winner! We are three and one since he became the starter.

It seems to me the receivers at present were the backups to begin the season. They are not that good. A healthy north smith and croom will help. Hopefully Malone gets it together. Dobb's accuracy will improve and above all else, the kid us a winner! We are three and one since he became the starter.
I love your optimism. But, in all honesty, it does not matter in the least who is playing receiver if the QB can't get the ball to them.

His throws have been horrible. He doesn't process the defense fast enough either.

Watch for 1 of the early enrolling freshman, to make a big push for PT next year.

With another half-second or more behind a decent offensive line his reads and check downs will improve. However, as I've said in the past, his arm strength just does not appear to be SEC caliber, and that is not something you can teach. Lack of accuracy and arm strength will be his down fall I think. Look for Jennings to get some serious pt during spring.

2 weeks ago Dobbs = GOAT

Now he sucks?

The progress made from last year has been great, I have faith he will continue and getting to a bowl helps all the more.

He needs to improve, but answer me this. How many of you have actually played QB, and not backyard football QB. This line is bad, he is constantly getting pressured and his safety valve got hurt early. Also I really thought the did a very poor job of calling plays to get him in a groove. After the first pick he started regressing back to old habits.

We gotta get healty.

I agree with you, especially would like to see Hurd in a normal I, but almost all explosive offenses in NCAA are in the spread.

Any system can be explosive if you have the right talent. The spread is the current fad, and it works if you have the personnel. Or you can be like Georgia Tech and run the fad offense of the 1970s and win a lot of games. Or anything else, for that matter. It all comes down to players.

I'd like to see us run our old offense again, but only because it's more conducive to developing players for pro football, which in turn helps in recruiting.

He needs to improve, but answer me this. How many of you have actually played QB, and not backyard football QB. This line is bad, he is constantly getting pressured and his safety valve got hurt early. Also I really thought the did a very poor job of calling plays to get him in a groove. After the first pick he started regressing back to old habits.

We gotta get healty.

I played HS ball like many here....just not at QB. I've never been electrocuted either....doesn't mean I don't have an educated opinion about sticking my finger in a light socket.

Everything else you said is true....and when we are completely healthy it may lower the bar for Dobbs to be really successful. That's the way it should work.

Reactions: 1 person
I really wish there was an easy way to look through some of these posters' post history quickly to see how many thought Butch was a fool for not starting Dobbs earlier in the season...

Seriously, Volnation changes its tune faster than a bipolar fourteen year old girl during her time of the month.

His throws have been horrible. He doesn't process the defense fast enough either.

Watch for 1 of the early enrolling freshman, to make a big push for PT next year.

so sick of seeing this bs... you try making a throw with defence in your face cause your p*s offensive line can't block a grandma in a wheelchair!!

Ok I'll rephrase that...throw 40 or 50 yard strikes maybe 4 or 5 times a game...hitting receivers in full stride...like Peyton, Claussen and yes Ainge used to do...does that clarify?

So we need 200 yards a game from 4-5 pass plays alone? It's clear that you're drunk.

I really wish there was an easy way to look through some of these posters' post history quickly to see how many thought Butch was a fool for not starting Dobbs earlier in the season...

Seriously, Volnation changes its tune faster than a bipolar fourteen year old girl during her time of the month.

I did not. I thought Peterman was the guy coming into the fall based upon what I'd heard out of practice. I was solidly with Worley, though I knew he had limitations. I never called for Dobbs....I saw what I needed to see last year. I'll be the first to tell you he has been an athletic improvement in the last 4 games....but he too has limitations in the passing game.

Reactions: 2 people
In defense of Dobbs.....he'd look a lot better behind an average O line. I'd say his decision making will be better next year and the Oline surely can't be any worse

Where were all the critics after we beat UK and USCe? Great timing! Also thank god for Dobbs or our season would be over tonight. We have a very fickle fan base. Just enjoy the damn win for a few hrs before throwing our own under the bus.

Reactions: 1 person
Where were all the critics after we beat UK and USCe? Great timing! Also thank god for Dobbs or our season would be over tonight. We have a very fickle fan base. Just enjoy the damn win for a few hrs before throwing our own under the bus.

His passing and decision making was bad today......he had a bad game. He'll improve....

Dobbs is still a true sophomore, he will continue to get better. Having said that next year will bring in some fresh competition but I expect dobbs to continue to improve. Injuries to the wr group along with our lack of depth upfront hasn't helped Dobbs either. But we got to 6 wins and we would not if it weren't for Dobbs. GO BIG ORANGE!!!!

If a freshman wins the starting job next season I will feel more confident about our team next year. Dobbs has serious accuracy issues that severely limits our offensive play calling. Buy in to Dobbs all you want but this board will be calling for him to be benched next season.

VN Store

Back