Do you believe?

I liked what I saw. It's all in the finer details since he didn't light it up with big numbers. He made smart choices, not flashy ones. He threw some passes across the field that were on the money -- those are harder than most think. Sure, he didn't throw many away and we didn't have the vertical threat we love, but I also don't think that was the gameplan. That stuff comes with timing and that will come with spring and summer reps. He seems smart, doesn't force it, and is athletic. I'm optimistic -- but I'm not counting Natties just yet.

I believe in Heupel, absolutely. Do I believe in Nico? No, I'm not sure. I saw nothing today in his passing game to make me believe. But yes he's young and super talented
The fact that the coaches had enough confidence in him to not throw screens all game speaks volumes. He definitely needs to improve in some areas but that's to be expected.

In the Heup? It looks like he knows what he’s doing. If they land Stewart there’s a strong chance this team could be SEC champions next year. Nico is the real deal.

He has put all his eggs in the Nico basket and that likely includes $$$$ to get most of the offensive line to come back for one more year. Heupel will be defined by Nico’s next 24 starts.

Idk if anyone can believe in a QB in one game. See last years bowl game (it got me).

But I did see enough to be excited. That deep ball Keyton stopped on was PERFECT. He made a couple frosh mistakes, but showed poise in some tough rushes. Athleticism? Check. Arm strength? Check. Maturity and vision? Sure looked good. I didn’t see a lot of staring down receivers. He was given the freedom to make most all passes. But more so didn’t force anything.

Considering the sample size is limited, I couldn’t ask for much more.
Yes it was a small sample size but in fairness this was against probably the toughest defense you could find.

He has put all his eggs in the Nico basket and that likely includes $$$$ to get most of the offensive line to come back for one more year. Heupel will be defined by Nico’s next 24 starts.
I don’t blame him at all. I think Nico will win the heisman.

Reactions: Native Orange
Regardless what some of the fans think about Heupel.. unless we’re just swarmed with injuries next year, 9 games should be the ceiling.

Still think we lose to Bama & Georgia but we have a chance against OU.

Barring injury, we beat Okla, and bama, and fla. Dont think we can beat Ga at Ga though.

I believe in Heupel, absolutely. Do I believe in Nico? No, I'm not sure. I saw nothing today in his passing game to make me believe. But yes he's young and super talented
Which passes in particular are you talking about? The ones in which the OL gave no time (he does need to learn to throw it away) or the dime Keyton whiffed on in the end zone?

First I believe Joe should have started all year. Now on to Nico People saying they
didn’t see anything much out of Nico in his first start are way off base. The talent is obviously there he just needs more practice and game experience. Many of you won’t remember this but Peyton’s first start was against Washington State and Tennessee won 10-9. Peyton didn’t do much and I believe our only TD was on a reverse. Lets give him time, he is going to be good.

I saw poise and leadership. Also took what the Defense gave him. No picks and didn’t force anything. For a freshman’s first game I am very optimistic. He took a few sacks… but most of them were on Sampson not blocking

We have to see what Nico will do when we are down and have to have a drive to win the game. Does he have that special quality. We don't know yet.

Which passes in particular are you talking about? The ones in which the OL gave no time (he does need to learn to throw it away) or the dime Keyton whiffed on in the end zone?
When the D rushes 6, then our running backs have to block. Sampson still doesn’t have that part of the position mastered.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Nico just needs to either run or get rid of the ball. He seemed hesitant to throw it and ended up getting sacked 6 times--too many and too much injury potential--but that seems mostly just a function of inexperience and maybe, too, not having open receivers.

Reactions: walkenvol
His last two seasons he has a record of 20-6. And he was only hired three years ago. The talent he is bringing in, across the board is noticeably better than previous staffs. We actually have depth across the board now that makes up for a lot of things. You would have to be crazy to not be grateful and excited about this staff we have.

I seen enough that we need WR's to catch the dang ball and run a complete route. Every pass I seen was catchable!

On what we have for next year. We play good at home, Bama does not play as well on the road. We just did better against Iowa than Mich did, and they are in the playoffs.
Bama is losing like 5 starters and only 1 on offense. Milroe will be better. You see the OL is still very shaky and the secondary isn't going to transform overnight.
Who cares what Tenn did to Iowa. Who isn't having a complete 2nd half collapse against Bama right now

VN Store

Back