Do you anticipate a revamped or new offense?

Yes I hope Mercedes does it for us this year... I just worry that her motor seemingly is so slow that we will need to turn to others when the chips are down.... i.e. she is not the game changer that others may be

It's not MR's motor as much as it was in-game management IMO. The rotation of Green, Harris and KK will need to give MR some breathers during games. It would help if they could put away cupcakes from the get go and limit MR to 15-20 minutes in such games. Last season, she was still playing 30 minutes in those kinds of games. They need her fresh for the better conference teams and the post season tournaments.

I don't think there is currently another player on the roster that can be the game changer you hope for this season other than Mercedes.

Reactions: 2 people
When pondering the question in the thread title, this question came to mind:

While on the sinking Titanic, when do you keep bailing and when do you decide it's time to abandon ship?

Sadly, I see Captain W. as having the former mindset, so my instincts based upon past observations is to try to keep the ship afloat until help arrives, transfer the passengers and crew to a sturdier vessel, and bid a fond farewell to the previous captain as the ship settles beneath the waves. :salute:

When pondering the question in the thread title, this question came to mind:

While on the sinking Titanic, when do you keep bailing and when do you decide it's time to abandon ship?

Sadly, I see Captain W. as having the former mindset, so my instincts based upon past observations is to try to keep the ship afloat while help arrives, transfer the passengers and crew to a sturdier vessel, and bid a fond farewell to the previous captain with a salute as the ship settles beneath the waves. :salute:

I'd be happy to think of the upcoming season as a rebuilding year...or at least keeping the boat afloat without further damage.

Reactions: 1 person
Why all the negative talk right now? We signed the #1 recruiting class in the country, hired an experienced/successful new assistant coach, who happens to be a VFL, and return a very experienced core of talented players. You must be looking for negative things. To me, you're not a fan. Go away!

Reactions: 9 people
Only if you want to give up on this season. The guards are unproven. Mercedes is not.

This will be the best team that Tennessee will have for a while, because there is no post on their radar that will command as much defensive attention as Mercedes will now. When she's gone next year, Tennessee will be a much weaker team, less so if they can get Ododa away from SC.

I keep seeing posts like this insinuating that SC is the favorite for Nelson-Ododa... why is that?

Has she said something I missed? Last I heard she had a top 12 and was wide open...

Y'all know something us Gamecocks don't know?

Reactions: 1 person
Why all the negative talk right now? We signed the #1 recruiting class in the country, hired an experienced/successful new assistant coach, who happens to be a VFL, and return a very experienced core of talented players. You must be looking for negative things. To me, you're not a fan. Go away!

We need a ❤️ LOVE Button. Like not good enough for this post.

Reactions: 4 people
I recently read a profound comment from a researcher of social media to paraphrase -
most people would rather be right than be happy.

We need player and ball movement the ball does need to go to mercedes russel she will open things up on outside , also no the other post player wont be like mercedes but they will be really solid and provide breathers for her

VN Store

Back