Do We The Ranch Hands to Bridle and Tame Bama Receivers?

Two words ball control. Pound the rock like we have been, then hit em with the deep balls. Keep their offense off the field and hopefully our line play is good enough. Much much much easier said than done but if we do those things we have a chance.

I wouldn't call what we've been doing "pounding the rock", it's been more "pound a brick wall".

The issue we have going forward is JG cant go 8/9 on 3 and 8+ every game on low percentage jump balls. That was players making plays, not our offensive coaches having a good gameplan. That's not how you have sustained success and our offensive strategy will be my primary concern and focus Saturday and for the remainder of the year. Pruitt has the defense under control.

I’m all for throwing on first down. I’ve cussed Helton many times this season for goin up the gut. But an incomplete pass on first down get stuffed on 2nd. Lookin at 3rd and long real quick. Then we punt bama scores. Game gets out of hand quick

We were in 3rd and long all day against Auburn running it up the gut.

Title:

Seriously, am I dumb or like what does this reference or what does it mean?

I don't get "the ranch hands bridle and tame" as referring to Bama and UT.

Sorry if it's an obvious question but I am confused lol....
(Edit: hides in corner..)

Title:

Add the word "Have" after ...Do we.

Reactions: VolsLady-in-FL
Two words ball control. Pound the rock like we have been, then hit em with the deep balls. Keep their offense off the field and hopefully our line play is good enough. Much much much easier said than done but if we do those things we have a chance.

"Pounding the rock" has been the problem. We averaged 2.6 ypc against Georgia and 1.9 ypc against Auburn. That's dismal and it's probably going to be even worse against Bama.

The pass game is where we've been most effective. If we want any shot, we just have to air it out and hope for the best. Though, honestly, doesn't matter what strategy we pick, we're probably going to get our butts whupped.

Need to tackle for real and not arm-tackling attempts.

Can make the difference between tackle for loss and touchdown. Same play. Opposite result.
It really is that important.

The d linemen I'm sure know if they can get pressure without LB help they'll help the db's big time. I'm going to be interested in how the refs call holding/false starts/chop blocking on that Bama o line. If I'm a Vols d lineman, I know much rests on me disrupting the backfield quickly.

I go into every season assuming Bama will only have holding called on two occasions during out of conference games over the course of the year.

Title:

Typo. Just read between, under, or over the line.

Reactions: VolsLady-in-FL

VN Store

Back