Do we know what play Beamer was going to run...

I thought I saw two guys bite on the inside gunner and one left Legett (sp?) run down the field. They partially smelled it out but one missed his assignment

Rewatched the game yesterday and it looked to me like they ran a pick play where the outside gunner cut inside and “blocked” our guy who was covering Leggette (sp?x2), who cut outside. So, in truth it should have been offensive pass interference.

EDIT: Sorry, hadn’t looked all the way through the thread and didn’t see the other posts about the “pick”.

I'm so confused about that too. We used to have Tyler Bray kick punts from a standard offensive formation under Dooley. There was never a problem then.
Exactly, I think it’s just some really dumb refs who don’t really know the rules…

What burned me was that nobody was ready for the fake punt. That's the easiest fake conversion I've ever seen. Somebody didn't "Do their job".
I had the same reaction, but in after game reports it came out that there was some uncalled pick that sprung Leggette loose. Apparently they were ready for it.

Edit: Like others should've read the whole thread.

Reactions: Orange.
Not sure about that, but I’m still trying to figure out the “Not in an obvious kick formation” penalty we got on the punt that went down to the 5 or 6 yard line, wth is that??? Isn’t that the exact same as a quick kick?? It’s “not an obvious punt formation”, but last I checked still perfectly legal!
Thank you. I was like WTH is that penalty.

If you are not in a "true punt formation" then you have to have 5 members of the line with number between 50 and 79. You can have more, but they are not eligible to be a receiver or go downfield on a pass. In the old days if your snapper had a number such as 20 because he was also a receiver, you would have to have a pullover jersey for him to snap the ball. If you quick-kick you usually use the starting center to snap the ball.
I should know by now to read entire thread before posting. Someone knows the rules here and will explain it.

Thank you!

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Not sure about that, but I’m still trying to figure out the “Not in an obvious kick formation” penalty we got on the punt that went down to the 5 or 6 yard line, wth is that??? Isn’t that the exact same as a quick kick?? It’s “not an obvious punt formation”, but last I checked still perfectly legal!
I think the penalty was just illegal formation - not enough players on the line of scrimmage. Not sure why the referee was mutter all that other stuff.

Reactions: EasternVol
I think the penalty was just illegal formation - not enough players on the line of scrimmage. Not sure why the referee was mutter all that other stuff.
I mean they’ve been doing the most bang up job I’ve ever seen in every game this year, so why should this one be different?

Reactions: Sarms58
He thinks he's a preppy cool boy, the way he talks, his antics, and he thinks everyone else thinks he's cool, but really he's just a plow boy from SW Virginia. That's all.
I seriously doubt that Shane grew up doing farmwork (not implying that there's anything negative about farming). Or is everyone from SWVa a plowboy?

Yeah that was a questionable call. They had a punter back there, how was that not an obvious kicking formation?😂

What burned me was that nobody was ready for the fake punt. That's the easiest fake conversion I've ever seen. Somebody didn't "Do their job".
It's already been determined that somebody tried to do their job, but the recievers crossed and DB got picked off. So, could have been a penalty on USCjr.

Reactions: DrTNT
He thinks he's a preppy cool boy, the way he talks, his antics, and he thinks everyone else thinks he's cool, but really he's just a plow boy from SW Virginia. That's all.

Ah, most plowboys would KTA. Beamer is of the Entitlement crowd. Dare I say it? Punk.

Reactions: LA vol7

VN Store

Back