Did you see ESPN?!?!

Ya'll might be right about what he did or didn't say. Actually, those of us at the game didn't actually hear anything, but the rumor that he did slam Tennessee in a highly negative manor spread like wildfire. Somebody had a bed sheet painted up with "Tennessee Trash hates Chris Fowler" or something to that effect, and it was carried thru the crowd like a NC Banner. Actually it was pretty funny. What I do know is that CF slighted Tennessee in a nationally televised game, and has never apologized or explained that remark.

What I do know is that CF slighted Tennessee in a nationally televised game, and has never apologized or explained that remark.

he did apologize. From SI

Fowler knows all too well the intensity of passions that GameDay stirs. In 1997, after Michigan's Charles Woodson won the Heisman Trophy, Tennessee fans, who believed the GameDay crew had stumped against the Vols' Peyton Manning, bombarded ESPN with hate mail. On a national radio show Fowler referred to the harangues as a "trailer-park frenzy," which stirred more vengeful correspondence. It was a rare -- perhaps the sole -- display of brashness by the even-keeled Fowler, who quickly and publicly apologized.

SI.com - SI on Campus - SI On Campus: On the Road with the ESPN Gameday crew - Thursday September 18, 2003 1:15PM

7-5 is what it is. What that saying? "Your record says what you are". Doesn't mean we can't beat Tech though.

Is anyone going to contact ESPN about this logo incident? I mean if its not a mistake, it's totally out of line! I honestly expect more professionalism out of a major news network that this. I never bought into the "ESPN hates Tennesssee" conspiracy theory, but this certainly raises some eye brows!

ohh gees here goes the "sec hates us" i get so sick of hearing that. we have been medicore for 10 years. get over it.

Is anyone going to contact ESPN about this logo incident? I mean if its not a mistake, it's totally out of line! I honestly expect more professionalism out of a major news network that this. I never bought into the "ESPN hates Tennesssee" conspiracy theory, but this certainly raises some eye brows!

It was a mistake, it can happen. I think a few people emailed them about it. They may issue an apology or something, probably not. I don't buy into the theory either. I know their graphics people should check the logos more closely but mistakes happen. Could have been a new guy on the job and didn't pay attention to the logos.

On a side note, is it necessary to have a seperate logo for the women's team? I think before this year the women's and men's athletic depts were seperated but they are now merged into one? It seems they can get rid of the dual logos and just be Tennessee.

I can't wait. These Hokie hicks are underestimating us. One of them was lamenting that they should have picked a stronger team to play them. They were clocked by Bama and breezed through the ACCeasy. They have good special teams, a decent TB and a running QB. I am not into predicting FB games, but if we don't beat them, they will know they have been in a game.

Look guys. Lou Holtz is and has been a novelty item. He is an absolute joke. Take him for what he is ... the gimp of the program. Just like Lee Corso on Gameday. I mean think about it. Everything that he says involves Notre Dame or South Carolina in some way. Not to make a personel shot at the man, but he speaks like a sprinkler system. SHsss Shhsss shhsss. Im not making fun of that, ESPN uses him as a farcical character. As for the logo, that is extremely unproffesional to the point of being shamefull.

Cage match with Pat and Lou.....spot Lou a machete and can of mace and Pat still has his junk for a bowtie in 20 seconds (18 seconds spent on finding his junk)

if we are mediocre, what does that say about the ACC? UGa and South carolina took the two teams that finished first in their respective divisions to the woodshed. and we beat both of those teams like a drum. VT Finished behind clemson and GT, so i guess they are as mediocre as us.

This is actually the third time, including Tobias Harris' commitment, that they have put the lady vols logo. I think UT should contact them and express dissapointment..I'm sure the Hokies can't wait to play the Lady Volunteers

This isn't the first time they used the Lady Vols logo for the mens team. They did that when Tobias Harris signed with the mens basketball team. I think they did it on purpose.

I know its supposed to make me mad but I think its kinda funny. Its just going to make it that much better when we win. GO VOLS!

I mean good grief...they didnt even give TN props for hangin w/ Bama & Florida

I have got to ask. Why sould they. We lost. We need to get away from this moral victory stuff and win. Which we will do after next year.

Pathetic and unprofessional. There is really something going on behind the scenes at ESPN. I wonder who is pissed and why? I know Kiffin's comments, but come on there is a huge disconnect here. Didn't someone say that after Peyton didn't win the Heisman Fowler said there was going to be a trailor park riot or something?

You know Lou is a well respected coach, but the man is just painful to watch and even worse to listen too. He needs to be playing scrabble at the retirement home instead of gracing us with his intellectual banter. Which is very biased by the way, drivel is a better word for it.

i love how lou thinks we're mediocre (7-5) but he also thinks notre dame (6-6) is going to destroy whoever they play every game...makes since right? :rolleyes:

i love how lou thinks we're mediocre (7-5) but he also thinks notre dame (6-6) is going to destroy whoever they play every game...makes since right? :rolleyes:

In all fairness look at ND schedule. I mean i would hate to play that schedule.

washington state, navy, nevada=Powerhouses

4164466321_829a6f9a61_b.jpg

i like your TV by the way

VN Store

Back