Did you graduate from UT? Degree?

Then you got your commuter students and your students that live on the dorm. That’s a little different too I suppose.

UT system - UT Chattanooga: BS Accounting and MBA.

( would have gone to THE UT in Knoxville for undergrad, but i had a sick grandparent and parent at the time and i needed to be closer to home)

Reactions: ptcarter
1995 BSEE
1998 MSEE

I'm guessing I saw you on campus at some point. I started in EE in '93, thought I was going to lose my mind and switched to ME around '96 and graduated in ME in spring of '99. Then went on to become an electrical engineer. Then I took and passed the electrical power PE exam after multiple attempts. My hat is off to anyone to graduated in EE, not to mention masters!

I'm guessing I saw you on campus at some point. I started in EE in '93, thought I was going to lose my mind and switched to ME around '96 and graduated in ME in spring of '99. Then went on to become an electrical engineer. Then I took and passed the electrical power PE exam after multiple attempts. My hat is off to anyone to graduated in EE, not to mention masters!
My son just got his EE diploma and started working (just this week) at TVA. Due to Covid, he did his work at the kitchen table - all online classes. I had a little calculus as a Civil, and whatever calculus I had - that ship sailed long ago. The math he was doing blew my mind - Fourier series, LaPlace tranforms, 3rd order differentials.. on and on. YES, I salute those that got an EE degree. You nailed it with that statement.

Was Tom Morris the voice of the Vandals when you were in school?

I don’t recall that name, but I have a tough time remembering classmates. I was there from 74-86. I sort of sauntered my way through a couple of curriculums mixing in liberal amounts of odd jobs and alcohol.

Reactions: SuzyVol
My son just got his EE diploma and started working (just this week) at TVA. Due to Covid, he did his work at the kitchen table - all online classes. I had a little calculus as a Civil, and whatever calculus I had - that ship sailed long ago. The math he was doing blew my mind - Fourier series, LaPlace tranforms, 3rd order differentials.. on and on. YES, I salute those that got an EE degree. You nailed it with that statement.
Congratulations to your son graduating! Yes that math is mind blowing. I'm 46 and my parents still live in the house I grew up in. They recently purged some things and brought me boxes of my college stuff I had no idea they kept stored all these years. I saw some of my notes. I don't remember doing all that stuff. Heck, my handwriting doesn't even look like that anymore. No way could I do that today. My mind isn't the same. This is why chess champions peak around age 35.

UTK BS in industrial & systems engineering ‘13. But didn’t use that long. Got tired of warehouses/plants so ended up switching to software engineering.

Reactions: Wireless1
No. Attended briefly (Chemistry/Pre Med).
Not smart enough to be a doctor so I attended Chattanooga State (AS Paramedic), then Memphis (BPS Fire Administration) then finally Clemson (MPA).

I had 20 years of Vols season tickets ('79-98). Now live in the Hilton Head area so I don't make many games.

I did make all the home games in our magical 13-0 season except Houston, and the Georgia and South Carolina road games.

I got to witness the awesome wins over the Gators and Arkansas, and Tee's NCAA record passing game vs. SC.

Undergrad, Environmental Economics-University of Massachusetts (where I played my college soccer)
Masters, Data Science-North Carolina, Chapel Hill
MBA-University of Tennessee
PhD, Management-University of Tennessee

Reactions: Volbackhomefromtx
Would be interesting to see how many people do something related to their major. Mine kind of led me to where I am today but it’s completely unrelated
I own a business locally, so it hits on almost all my degrees. However, it didn't always work that way

VN Store

Back