Diana Taurasi on Pat Summitt

This is what I was told at the time. Pat was right.
Perhaps you are right, Pat might not have been able to handle her. However, the decision not to recruit Taurasi could have cost her 3 additional championships.

In reality Taurasi probably wouldn't have considered TN anyhow. But if she was a TN freshman when holly took over, the team results and opinion of Holly as coach probably would have been much different.

I thought Taurisi had good character..... she was and is alpha female.... but always gave it her all....

She may give her all, but I see her as a dirty player. Hooking arms with players and throwing them to the floor. Most technicals. Openly calling a ref a "mother f@cker" on national tv. But hey, she scores a lot of points.

Just not my kind of player.

Reactions: 7 people
She may give her all, but I see her as a dirty player. Hooking arms with players and throwing them to the floor. Most technicals. Openly calling a ref a "mother f@cker" on national tv. But hey, she scores a lot of points.

Just not my kind of player.

True. Just depends on what you want and what it is worth to you, or what it is worth tolerating. Never was LV material. Talent had nothing to do with Pat's decision.

Reactions: 2 people
Not sure if this was the article you were referring to?
http://staugustine.com/stories/040704/spo_2246713.shtml#.WWUuZRPytaQ

She got a recruiting call from Pat Summitt once, and Taurasi was so dismissive that Summitt never phoned back. She'd been to Tennessee on an AAU team trip, to an area nowhere near Knoxville, and didn't like it.

"Maybe I was just in a bad mood," Taurasi said Monday.

This is not the article I remember. It was told from Pat's perspective. However, this confirms what I was saying. It is Taurasi's character that prevents me from liking her at all, despite her skill set. Of course UCONN is the arch nemesis of the Lady Vols, but there are plenty of players that have come through that program that I respect. I cannot respect Taurasi at all because she does not respect others. Being one of the greatest players of all time does not give her the right to be so arrogant, underhanded, and disrespectful to other players, coaches, and refs.

Thanks for finding this article, though.

with only 8 teams in the league if you can walk and dribble the ball at the same time, you too could be an "all Star"

with only 8 teams in the league if you can walk and dribble the ball at the same time, you too could be an "all Star"

Catchings was the heart and soul of her team what she may have lost a step but I'm pretty sure she continues to lead her team in points and steals. She also remained a steals leader in the WNBA up until she retired.

She's shooting 38% and doesn't contribute anything else. She's washed up.
Diana just washed up the Atlanta Dream's chances with 2 key 3s to safeguard the win. 20 pts, six 3s, Pretty good for an old lady, age 35.

I just watched the "highlights" of that game over on wnba.com

Dt had one mention, on a wide open 3 from the corner, late in the game.

yawn! :(

Reactions: 1 person
I just watched the "highlights" of that game over on wnba.com

Dt had one mention, on a wide open 3 from the corner, late in the game.

yawn! :(

You should get more sleep. You seem tired - so much yawning.

https://www.swishappeal.com/2017/7/13/15963498/diana-taurasi-unconscious-shooting-wnba

"The final five minutes featured ties and lead changes, but the game-changer, Taurasi, hit two cold-blooded three-pointers inside the final 90 seconds. The biggest of which was her sixth dagger of the night with 12 seconds remaining to ice the five-point win for Phoenix."

I can't stand UConn and Taurasi, but she is still one of the 10 best women's basketball players in the world. Of course, Candace Parker is still the best

Perhaps you are right, Pat might not have been able to handle her. However, the decision not to recruit Taurasi could have cost her 3 additional championships.

In reality Taurasi probably wouldn't have considered TN anyhow. But if she was a TN freshman when holly took over, the team results and opinion of Holly as coach probably would have been much different.

You don't WIN championships by bringing in a bad fit...elite talent or no. Hence there was no "cost".

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back