Dewayne Hendrix Headed To Pitt

I appreciate his original commitment but after that who really cares about his future or career at Pitt, be honest. He didn't want to work so let's move on.

I hope he does what he was going to do anyway...as much as possible.

Good luck to him

Two players previously attached to a move to Pittsburgh have officially been added to that ACC program’s roster.

Pitt announced Friday that first-year head coach Pat Narduzzi has added three players to his 2015 squad, including defensive end Dewayne Hendrix and defensive tackle Mark Scarpinato. The former is transferring in from Tennessee, the latter from Michigan State

I'm sorry but I gotta think hendrix must be a head case or something. He was a freaking freshman for Christ sake. He would have had ton of opps here had he just went to damn work everyday...kinda like Barnett did. But that's the part of recruiting that is such a gamble. He wasn't willing to put in the work. Vic w either Imo.

I'm sorry but I gotta think hendrix must be a head case or something. He was a freaking freshman for Christ sake. He would have had ton of opps here had he just went to damn work everyday...kinda like Barnett did. But that's the part of recruiting that is such a gamble. He wasn't willing to put in the work. Vic w either Imo.

Chatt, you might be right @ the work, or you might not. Another possibility is as discussed above. Maybe he "realized" (as an 18yo that is) that he landed on a team who just got a Freshman AA and future AA in front of him. Being our #1 ranked DE, iirc, could have messed with his confidence and caused him to seek a clearer path to the League. IDK, because I've never seen anything definitive from him or coaches about the "reasons" discussed behind closed doors.

My personal opinion is that he left too soon. Would have seen the field a lot this year and who knows (God forbid) he may have ended up starting for one reason or another. Not every true FR gets to real PT in the SEC. That alone is a good sign that he had a bright future and a shot at the Draft from Knoxville. Just the opinion of a guy who watched on TV and never played DE in his life.

Reactions: 2 people
Peterman going to play QB under Chaney and Hendrix going to play D line under Narduzi. They could have done much worse.

Sorry, but it's virtually impossible to do worse than Peterman at QB. God bless the kid.

Sorry, but it's virtually impossible to do worse than Peterman at QB. God bless the kid.

While that very well may be true, can't really blame him for going to play for a Coach that helped recruit him here. He was never going to see the field again here IMO. Hope he proves us both wrong, though.

Reactions: 2 people
Best of luck to Hendrix. I had high hopes for him, thought he would be a stud. He may still end up being a stud, just not at UT unfortunately. If he didn't want to be here though for what ever reason, then it's his loss. No need for anybody to talk bad about him

As I posted months ago, when talking with coaches at Pitt he told them he was miserable at UT. Don't know why.

Here are the reasons Hendrix left for Pitt:

Barnett
Maggitt
Lewis
Vereen
Phillips
Butcher
Taylor

Here are the reasons Hendrix left for Pitt:

Barnett
Maggitt
Lewis
Vereen
Phillips
Butcher
Taylor

Wrong imo. Hendrix left because after being told over and over he would be a defensive end the coaching staff and rightfully so told him he was a defensive tackle. Whatever position Hendrix ultimately lands at I think he will be a star and eventually get drafted.

Last edited:
Wrong imo. Hendrix left because after being told over and over he would be a defensive end the coaching staff and rightfully so told him he was a defensive tackle. Whatever position Hendrix ultimately lands at I think he will be a star and eventually get drafted.

It may have caught the staff by surprise when he showed up for the start of camp weighing 268. He will be very good (although mostly in obscurity) and he should definitely get drafted. Of all the transfers we've had the last 5 years this is the only one that really hurts.

I have a feeling that his family from Memphis (who I've heard are Vol fans) talked him into coming here when he would have rather been at Missouri (or somewhere else).

VN Store

Back