Detrick Mostella dismissed from team

You guys!!!! Absolutely no excuse for Mostella! Using an illegal substance IN THE DORM, possession of a handgun against University policy. Not the first incident. This isn't a "mistake" its a blatant disregard for the rules, his team, CRB and Volnation. I've been around a bit and inhaled a lot but this is jut plain stupid. Deserved what he got. I wish him well but buh bye!!!!!

No disrespect intended toward anyone who's dealing with addiction themselves or with a loved one, but before someone can be addicted to an illegal behavior they have to first make the DUMB decision to begin the illegal behavior.

I've yet to read any of the organizations supporting the legalization of marijuana concede that marijuana is an addictive drug. Some of you on VN may know this non-addictive position to be incorrect? These players are relatively young and that in itself makes them prone to make some poor decisions as we are all guilty of a few of those. I wish DM the very best and hope this is a learning experience for him that leads to a better life.

Pot isn't physically addictive. There are no withdrawals on cessation. It can be very psychologically addictive. Accepted science.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm saying I don't think Tennessee should be a gun free zone.(nor any college) yes,technically he's breaking the laws of the college (how laws of college can overrule the constitution I have no clue, but we won't get into that)

It doesn't. It's an institution that can throw you out, just like an employer can fire you if you say something they don't like. But you won't go to jail for it.

3 Bama football players were busted with weed and stolen guns, one on campus. All 3 played Monday night.

Tennessee is doing the right thing but this just shows you how different the desire to win is.

Reactions: 2 people
Shots fired.

#Vols coach Rick Barnes: Detrick wasn’t a factor at Florida. He was feast or famine. He hates playing against pressure more than these guys.

Credit to Ryan Moses on Twitter.... leave it up to y'all to believe what you think it means.

I'm an idiot. Picture at the bottom.

Shots fired.

#Vols coach Rick Barnes: Detrick wasn’t a factor at Florida. He was feast or famine. He hates playing against pressure more than these guys.

And then Grant said this...

#Vols’ Grant Williams on whether Detrick Mostella would have made a difference: “Definitely. He’s a great scorer."

And then Grant said this...

#Vols’ Grant Williams on whether Detrick Mostella would have made a difference: “Definitely. He’s a great scorer."

Unless Grant heard Barnes' comments then this is not an issue. Of course Grant is going to say that I'm sure Mostella was liked by his teammates.

Unless Grant heard Barnes' comments then this is not an issue. Of course Grant is going to say that I'm sure Mostella was liked by his teammates.

Agree on the first statement.

Why are you sure DM was liked by his teammates? I hope he was, but I had several unlikeable teammates myself....I don't think its a given that "teammate = liked" at least from my experience.

Barnes should not make those comments. I don't like when coaches run down players after they dismissed them or are no longer playing for them. Keep comments very factual and straight forward, like he was dismissed for violations of team rules or something, or just don't comment. Not a fan of Barnes disparaging Mostella about his performance under pressure. It's not professional.

Barnes should not make those comments. I don't like when coaches run down players after they dismissed them or are no longer playing for them. Keep comments very factual and straight forward, like he was dismissed for violations of team rules or something, or just don't comment. Not a fan of Barnes disparaging Mostella about his performance under pressure. It's not professional.
The truth hurts sometimes. I'm happy we have a coach that doesn't sugar coat things

The truth hurts sometimes. I'm happy we have a coach that doesn't sugar coat things

No, it's not ok, not acceptable. He needed to take the higher road and instead took shots at a player for not being able to handle pressure. I generally like Barnes, but this was out of line. In fact, if he's not on the team, the coach shouldn't be making comments on him, at all.

Holding a player accountable or speaking the truth is not unprofessional. Barnes is old school and he is honest. I think that is a big reason why you see players respond to him and play hard. If it doesn't bother the players then we probably shouldn't be so sensitive about it as fans. The effort that you watch a team play with is a direct reflection of the leadership and how they respond to it. I don't think any Tennessee fan can question our teams effort.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back