Destiny 2 (PS4 PS4 Pro Xbone PC)

The visuals caught me off guard. The graphics aren't in the top tier category or anything, but the environments and vistas are awesome.

The visuals caught me off guard. The graphics aren't in the top tier category or anything, but the environments and vistas are awesome.

I thought the graphics were really, really good. I like the 4K, but still would prefer the 60FPS instead of the 30 we currently have. The 30FPS aren't terrible, but I haven't played it on PC to compare and don't want to because I know the answer lol.

Did you guys end up finishing the story? Did you try the unlocked Coldheart rifle?

We finally took a break about 1030. Regrouped about 3 and knocked out the last couple of missions. None of the story missions are particularly hard first time through.

Coldheart is a neat gun. Certainly different.

Also, late last night a buddy and I did a couple missions that were a bit more challenging. I'm sure we were tired from playing all day, but we ran across some new mechanics that took a couple minutes to figure out.

People are freaking out over shaders. They are in meltdown on Reddit over shaders. Glad I have never cared what my guy looks like.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to figure out how to apply gun mods lol.

The lighting in the game is phenomenal

Attachments

• IMG_20170907_113258.jpg
    IMG_20170907_113258.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20170907_113252.jpg
    IMG_20170907_113252.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 2
I guess you don't get the new exotic tracer gun until you are level 20, or do you have to complete story mode first?

We finally took a break about 1030. Regrouped about 3 and knocked out the last couple of missions. None of the story missions are particularly hard first time through.

Coldheart is a neat gun. Certainly different.

Also, late last night a buddy and I did a couple missions that were a bit more challenging. I'm sure we were tired from playing all day, but we ran across some new mechanics that took a couple minutes to figure out.

People are freaking out over shaders. They are in meltdown on Reddit over shaders. Glad I have never cared what my guy looks like.

Just seen this, you answered my question on Coldheart...:hi:

What characters did everyone try first, I went with the Titan.
Played by myself, got him to level 13 yesterday.
Any of you on xbox1? If so, look me up, zN1T3zW4LK32z

The skill tree is way more basic and easier to complete this time. At least for the first subclass. I just opened up arc on the titan last night.

Agree

Fully unlocked my Warlock last night and the Stormcaller subclass is a beast.

BD and I powered through the end of the story last night. Decent story, but extremely easy IMO.

My thoughts after a couple days:

Great to have new Destiny content. However, they have taken a good bit of the grind out. The game is nothing revolutionary. There's changes I like, there's some I don't.

They have a said a few times they wanted to make it less of a grind. They've done that in many regards.

Not many risks were taken with game play and character sheets. The story is pretty bland and somewhat stupid. But who cares. You play the story to get leveled up.

I'll never put anywhere near the hours I put into Destiny 1 into part 2. But, that's ok. It's a good game with lots of stuff coming in the future. It's fun to play. Looking forward to the raid and future content. I'm also still looking forward to finishing most of these quests and lost sectors, etc.

It's a different game from the original for sure. There is a ton of things to do outside of the story itself. I guess they caved and gave into the easy button with some things but overall I enjoy it. The story was pretty easy but so was the first one. As with any sequel, the original was the best but this one isn't a bad game at all. Tons of things to do.

What characters did everyone try first, I went with the Titan.
Played by myself, got him to level 13 yesterday.
Any of you on xbox1? If so, look me up, zN1T3zW4LK32z

jeez dude, get an easier name. I am LouderVol on Xbox1 too, feel free to add. I won't be in this weekend, pilgrimage to Knoxville and all. but I will look for you.

enjoying the gameplay so far. got to the last planet. level 12 or 13 but light level around 160. need to explore more, got stuck under the surface once but probably wasn't supposed to be that far in. kinda wish the investigation mechanic did something or unlocked something besides a little story line. the way you unlock subclasses was dumb imo.

Pro Tip: Once you beat the story you'll be bumped to level 20 if you're not already there.

Wow. Everyone I know including myself thinks it absolutely blows the original away. I thought it would be more accepted here.

Wow. Everyone I know including myself thinks it absolutely blows the original away. I thought it would be more accepted here.

I absolutely love it, but I didn't play D1 much at all. With games like this though, the end game is what makes or breaks it.

VN Store

Back